Fun stuff you're doing for the holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

So Thursday is my birthday and I tentatively am treating myself to skiing, dodging downhill trees, and snow. Not sure what else I am doing through Christmas yet, (my immediate family across town is sick) so pondering what to do for the last minute holiday festivities..

What are you doing other than opening presents?
(ooh, just remembered to go buy more eggnog)

J

Jiarn

Sitting at home, alone, while my kids are 4hrs away visiting my ex-in-laws. My brother is going with his GF 2hrs away, and all the rest of my friends are going to be with family.

Yay?

Nothing fun, have overseas relatives visiting, and they brought friends, all are staying at our house, so I get to sleep on the floor and drive them around as a tour guide.

Cajungal

Staff member
Baking, caught up with old friends, practicing my ukulele after not being able to for weeks, catching up with family from out of town, last minute shopping, and 3 Christmas parties from here til the actual day. Good times.

Same as every year. The Mexican side of the family will all get together at my aunt's house on Christmas Eve. We'll eat dinner really late because my aunt is never on time with anything she does. Then at midnight we'll start our gift exchange. Go home late, wake up early and have Christmas with the immediate family. Spoil my baby niece rotten, have Christmas brunch, then take an afternoon nap to make up for the sleep I didn't get the night before.

Christmas Eve at my Grandmother's on my Father's side, seeing family members and cousins whose names I don't even remember (why most of my aunts and uncles decided 5 kids was a magic number is beyond me).

Christmas Day at my Mother's house for brunch with her family.

I look forward to both days.

My family christmas won't be till Tuesday, so I think I'll be doing some cross country skiing on christmas morning and again on Sunday. Rest of the time will probably be spent at my parents.

J

Jiarn

So my previous sad story is turning into a very merry holiday. Girl from the dating thread asked me out for Christmas Eve.

She said she'd invite me over for Christmas, but for the obvious reason that we'd need to have known each other a little better before throwing her family at me. Day after Christmas is her daughter's b-day too.

Still, VERY happy to be spending my Christmas Eve with her.

I guess I'm going to my aunt and uncles for Christmas. I was asked if it was OK if I sat at the kids table... Apparently even at 31 I'm still considered a kid. Oh well, the conversation will probably be more interesting there than it would be with the adults.

Going to my aunts' house to visit them, my little cousins, and my grandparents who are visiting, play board games (hopefully not bored games), eat, open gifts tomorrow when we visit again.

M

Matt²

possibly heading (no pun intended) to the hospital after yesterday's bad spill skiing. Top of head still hurts, it'll probably have to come off.

M

makare

I just finished putting together one of those gingerbread house kits. Although to be fair that fact should go under incredibly frustrating things im doing for the holidays.

My world is covered in frosting! >.<

Not going tonight since I'm still pretty sick. Hopefully tomorrow I'm feeling well enough to have a nice Christmas day at my mother's house.

Vagabond is filming the sequel to Leaving Las Vegas. Not sure Leaving D.C. will do as well.

Went home for my birthday on the 22nd. Got to play with my nephew on floor with his cars for a bit. Then he came down with a fever. My nephew, you might recall, has liver cancer. Well, the hospital that handled his bloodwork to double check before his FINAL chemo cycle screwed up. Because they overestimated on of his counts by more than 400%, he started receiving chemo when he shouldn't have, and now has what the doctors call "virtually no" immune system. So my brother-in-law had to take him in to the hospital, and we had to postpone our family Christmas. It was to be on the 23rd, now its whenever Dexter gets out of the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.