[Comics] G.I. Combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad to hear that this book isn't doing so hot (at least at my LCS). It's much better than Men of War was. A fun read, with 2 stories bringing modern takes to the weirder parts of DC's war comics collection. Currently they're The War that Time Forgot and Unknown Soldier.

The War that Time Forgot
For those that don't know, it's soldiers fighting Dinosaurs. The new story is pretty much that, with modern troops and North Koreans. It's a fine enough read, but nothing outstanding.

The Unknown Soldier
Brought to you by the writing team of Palmiotti and Gray, This is by far the better story in the book. The Unknown Soldier here is recruited by a secret military division and undergoes massive amounts of surgery turning him into a technological super soldier. It works a lot better than it sounds, and is remarkably similar to the impermanent and disguise skills of the original. Fights terrorism.

Next month The War that Time Forgot is being replaced by...

The Haunted Tank
I obviously don't have to much to say about this except it's written by Peter J. Tomasi, so I'm looking forward to it.

I hope people give this a chance or at least it stays around the untouchable Didio favorite All-Star Western which is supposedly protected because it's not a capes book, and nothing to do with Jonah Hex being the Co-publisher's favorite character :rolleyes: . Now if DC could just give us a decent sci-fi series (and no, damn it, LOSH doesn't count (and the current run isn't even decent)), god knows they have the properties to do it.

Liked the originals (when I could find them growing up), not as much into wartime stuff now (especially if it deviates a lot from the old canon).

Sorry.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.