Export thread

Girl suspended over revealing prom dress.

Dave

Dave

http://www.wgal.com/news/23025672/detail.html

Apparently this girl wears a prom dress that the school deems to be too short and too revealing. So she is suspended for three days. Normally this would not be news, but if you read the whole story the eyebrows begin to rise and you have to go, "Whaaaa-?"

Of the 352 students, 18 violated the policy, yet this girl was the only one suspended. Why? Because the other 17 senior girls chose the alternative punishment...getting paddled by the male principal. The dress wasn't even that bad but I find it interesting that the male principal gets to point out all the hot chicks in revealing dresses and spank them.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Pic's or...

Gusto

Gusto

The fuck.

Dave

Dave

Pic's or...
Picks are in the link. A video, even.

Shakey

Shakey

Hylian

Hylian

Anyone notice the date the story was posted?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The video got lost in the jumble of ads.

Meh, she had some spillage issues with the top, and they stayed away from filming how short the dress is, or how short she was wearing it.

About the hanky-spanky-principle, that would be a firing offense in any Texas school. Only same sex corporal punishment here. If it is not done same sex, it is witnessed by a female teacher or councilor.

Chazwozel

It's not a joke

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-online-dish-promtroversy-story,0,1151543.story

The dress is inappropriate...inappropriately hideous.

Kitty Sinatra

Wait. Never mind. Video might have added something.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That is one fugly garment. I'd have chosen suspension too. That's... that's weird.

Kitty Sinatra

It's not a joke

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-online-dish-promtroversy-story,0,1151543.story

The dress is inappropriate...inappropriately hideous.[/QUOTE]

I'd bet that Houston station got pranked.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

And why is showing Alabama news as local to Houston?

Chippy

Chippy

Chazwozel said:
The dress is inappropriate...inappropriately hideous.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I miss the days when proms where formal affairs.

Krisken

Krisken

I agree with her about the paddling issue. I think the dress was a little low on the top but wasn't obscene on the bottom.

Jay

Jay

Paddled? What the FUCK?

And that dress... good god.

Chazwozel

That was always my impression. The boys wear tuxedos, and the girls wear something similar to a ballgown; not a cocktail dress.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I agree with her about the paddling issue. I think the dress was a little low on the top but wasn't obscene on the bottom.
The bottom was see-through and looked like a negligee.

Espy

Espy

That was always my impression. The boys wear tuxedos, and the girls wear something similar to a ballgown; not a cocktail dress.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

The bottom was see-through and looked like a negligee.[/QUOTE]

She's just expressing her sexuality Chaz! Why won't you let the high school girl express her sexuality with her skanky dress? :p
But really, my daughter would have to bribe me with giant bars of gold to be let out of the house with a dress like that or hell, the majority of "prom" dresses I see girls wearing today. It's prom, not the hooker of the year awards.

Philosopher B.

She looks like a damn tooth-fairy.

Ezeran

Is paddling seriously still legal there?

Fun Size

Fun Size

I think a paddling was over the top, but having seen the dress do believe that she should have been slapped by Tim Gunn.

Also, having had several complaints, the paddling punishment has been discontinued. Next year, girls who violate the dress code will be forced to shower together while the principal looks on and masturbates furiously, which is somehow slightly less creepy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

About paddling, they are seniors with 2 months left of their high school careers. There is no real punishment you can hit a senior with, especially after class rankings have been released to prospective colleges. So give them the option of a swat on the ass or 3 days out of class. The upside to the paddling is that it is over quickly, and will not affect your final grades. If you are suspended for 3 days, you run the risk of the kid missing a major test and failing for the period. Paddling is quite rare, I don't think I've heard of any kid over the 9th grade getting them in the time that I was teaching. But the 9th grade boys got a lot of swats. So much so that I started calling this one 9th grade principle the Designated Hitter.

Null

Null

I, uh, hope they made him use an ACTUAL paddle.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

wrapped in soft leather and studded?

Dusty668

Jeezus that dress shouldn't even be used for bridesmaids it's so ugly.

Null

Null

wrapped in soft leather and studded?[/QUOTE]

I mean, as opposed to a more horrible alternative.

Dusty668

More horrible than having to wear the dress in public? *glarrrrrgh*

I just threw up a little in my mouth, and a lot on my shirt.

MindDetective

MindDetective

View attachment 465

"[It's] like a prom dress made out of carpet remnants!"

Attachments

Chibibar

I love the color green, but that dress is hideous!!!! burn it with napalm!

Null

Null

Good lord, that is hideous.

figmentPez

figmentPez

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

It's presented as online news, but Houston TV news is a circus anyway.

The links that come up in Google News are bizarre. One of the links says it was a news story posted "12 hours ago" but the link is to a completely different story from 2008.

Another is to "Link Love -- Spankings for Prom Sluts; Beginner's Guide to Role Play" and I'm not about to follow it to find out.

I really can't understand the punishment for violating the prom dress code. If they're not dressed appropriately, don't let them attend the prom. Why should there be anything beyond that?

Kitty Sinatra

Okay, I followed the video to its source. You'll notice that one (if not both) of the earlier links list CNN as their source. So I went to CNN, and they list an Alabama station as their source, and it looks like it stops there - makes sense that it would, right? That station has the video and lists it (in their search results) as having last been modified March 31.

Chibibar

It's presented as online news, but Houston TV news is a circus anyway.

The links that come up in Google News are bizarre. One of the links says it was a news story posted "12 hours ago" but the link is to a completely different story from 2008.

Another is to "Link Love -- Spankings for Prom Sluts; Beginner's Guide to Role Play" and I'm not about to follow it to find out.

I really can't understand the punishment for violating the prom dress code. If they're not dressed appropriately, don't let them attend the prom. Why should there be anything beyond that?[/QUOTE]

That is what I am wondering. Why don't they just turn them away at the door?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Because they weren't gay?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Paddling or suspension = bad.

That dress...

Shawn

Shawn

I love her statement of "What Cleavage?"
You could lose a football in that crevice.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

"I was so excited because it was my senior prom and I'd never been to a senior prom, so I was excited," hurp durp

Bullshit on all of this. She knew what she was getting into. If I were going to shell out a lot of money for a dress, I would show an administrator the dress for approval. Even easier with her dress being purchased off the internet. Problem solved with one click.

Kitty Sinatra

You could lose a football in that crevice.
I could certainly lose an evening in there . . . wait.

*sigh*

I'll just go sit with Icarus.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hmmn, I'd say that dress was bought because is hides the belly.

phil

phil

Doesn't seem that bad. The paddling is just horribly stupid though, the principal basically legally molested those girls.

Kitty Sinatra

Yeah. I've now watched the video and I still haven't seen or heard any mention that the principal meted out the punishment. Unless I just wasn't paying close attention, y'all are assuming that it was the principal.

Shawn

Shawn

What I want to know is why the "paddling" isn't getting more press.

Philosopher B.

Lol.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

That is what I am wondering. Why don't they just turn them away at the door?
TOTALLY THIS!!! They were given plenty of warning. Tell them if they want to come in then they'll have to change. Easy.

Philosopher B.

But ... but ... that would require sense! We can't be having that in America!

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Jeezus that dress shouldn't even be used for bridesmaids it's so ugly.
I am glad that I wasn't the only one to think of that ^^