Give me all your monies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a neat thing that kids and adults could make out of household materials, and took it to the local mini maker faire to give away for free. My booth was packed, and I quickly learned that I bit off more than I could chew.

So my natural response was MOAR!

The Detroit Maker Faire is just under three weeks away, and I signed up to give a kit to everyone that wanted one. They had 20,000 people there last year so...

:aaah:

I need help. No, well, yes, maybe psychiatric help, but this time I need some financial help.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2070729777/pressure-sensing-switch-make-and-take

Even if you can't donate, please watch the video and read the words on the above linked page and decide whether it's a cause that you would like to help me evangelize - I'm not a facebooker, barely use twitter, rarely blog, etc. Whether you can pledge funds or not, please spread the word around.

For those new to KickStarter - I set a minimum amount needed ($2,000), and if I don't reach that goal in under two weeks, no one is charged anything. And my dreams are crushed like so many recycled soda pop cans. That are crushed. In a can crushing thingy.

But wait! There's EVEN MOAR!

Most pledge levels have some reward so you'll generally receive something more than a warm fuzzy feeling for your pledge.

So.

I hope you'll forgive me for that thing I did that made you mad, and look beyond that to the people whose imagination and creative fires will be kindled by this project, and consider pledging to make it happen.

Thanks!

Where's that smiley with the wide open eyes? I need that one, here.

WOW. It's been 24 hours since I started the kickstarter project and we're already at 25% funded! I understand that usually there's a large bump at the beginning, then a lull in the middle, so I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but still, this is amazing.

I'm probably not going to update this thread every day, but if you haven't already passed the link around or visited it and watched the video yourself, please watch it and pass it around - it's not an investment, I'm not making money (Even if it's funded I'm still going to lose hundreds of dollars, and will still need to put in hundreds of hours to make it happen), and I really think it'll make a difference in a lot of kid's lives who may not think that electronics is something they can learn and is fun.

We're already starting to cut the fleece pieces. My wife has been raiding the offcuts rack at Joann's (fabric and crafts store) and has found great deals on the fleece, so we're hoping to be able to make more than one kit per dollar, even after the cost of the rewards, shipping and handling, and the fees amazon and kickstarter assess. I haven't even begun to think about how we're going to have to handle this with regards to taxes, since technically it's personal income. We'll be saving receipts and declaring the business expenses, but it'll still be interesting.

Post this on google+

I'll see what I can do next week (stupid school is forcing me to cut my hours, and taking my cash).

We could all get together and do the $200 one to get the durr face on the thingie as the logo, then use the four free switches as rewards for forum contests.

Hey y'all!

Only 4 more days left, and I need to get just over $100 per day to meet my goal - SOOOOOO CLOSE!

If this week is better for you than last week, here's your reminder.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.