Export thread

Go go Gadget sue the police!

Le Quack

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/13/ken-hinds-police-arrest-compensation

Finally, atleast somebody is getting their comeupance.

Chibibar

Yea, but the officers in question basically get a slap on the wrist :(

Shawn

Shawn

I am disappointed in this thread. Not because a misdeed was made right, but because it did not involve a mechanical hand and umbrella coming out of someone's hat in a comical manner.

Qonas

Forgive me if I'm not ecstatic over police "getting comeuppance". I seem to have missed the big convention where my generation received their "yay anarchy" hats.

Shawn

Shawn

Forgive me if I'm not ecstatic over police "getting comeuppance". I seem to have missed the big convention where my generation received their "yay anarchy" hats.
While I respect the police (and in L.A. that's saying something), to suggest that police are incapable of misdeeds or that we need to accept police abuse because they are above the law, is a bit ignorant.
There are always two sides to every argument, but if things played out exactly as the victim claims then the police absolutely abused their power and likely had racist movitation for doing so.

Chibibar

While I respect the police (and in L.A. that's saying something), to suggest that police are incapable of misdeeds or that we need to accept police abuse because they are above the law, is a bit ignorant.
There are always two sides to every argument, but if things played out exactly as the victim claims then the police absolutely abused their power and likely had racist reasons for doing so.[/QUOTE]

well, in this particular article the police ADMIT of wrong doing and even pay for damages, but yea. I figure these things happen cause we are all human.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wait.

Since when does Le Quack not blindly follow authority?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

There are always two sides to every argument, but if things played out exactly as the victim claims then the police absolutely abused their power and likely had racist reasons for doing so.[/QUOTE]

well, in this particular article the police ADMIT of wrong doing and even pay for damages, but yea. I figure these things happen cause we are all human.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they didn't admit wrong doing. That was part of the settlement.

Le Quack

lol, the tag on the thread.

But yeah, I'm all for police doing the right thing. I will, however, rejoice anytime a cop is caught and punished for abusing his power.