Good Eats- Wassail

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

I was watching a recent episode of Good Eats and Alton Brown made wassail. I was wondering if anyone had every tried it before. I have never had eggnog or any other beverage with egg as an ingredient (especially not a hot beverage). I wanted to know what it was like.

Here is the Recipe

Never had it. Sounds okay. I'd rather just have the beer, but Alton Brown is awesome! It looks like a lot of work and ingredients for something you may or may not like.

Never had eggnog?? Where is that eggnog thread? It's not bad. If you like milk and nutmeg, you should like it. I get a small bottle every year. The two little glasses I have are enough for the year though.

S

Soliloquy

Wassail! Wassail! all over the town,
Our toast it is white and our ale it is brown!
Our bowl it is made of the white maple tree!
With the wassailing bowl, we'll drink to thee!

Wow, I've never heard of Eggs in Wassail before. Normally when I see it, it is more along the lines of apple cider with aromatics and liquor.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I've never heard of wassail with egg in it. I've always known it as a spiced punch.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Found a review of it that says it's good, but not good enough to try more than once. I have had the crockpot version mentioned at the end of this same blog. It's not bad.

http://namelesscynic.blogspot.com/2009/12/here-we-come-awassailing.html

C

Chazwozel

My holiday drink consists of melted chocolate mixed with vodka and served hot. That'll put some hair on your chest.

M

makare

Well I just wanted to know what it was like because of the egg. I don't really drink alcohol so most of the drinks wouldn't appeal to me.

But at least there seems to be a no egg option if I ever wanted to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.