Export thread

Good foods you hate.

Hylian

Hylian

Well what are some foods that other people love and yet you can't stand?

for me here are a few things I can't stand.

Dave

Dave

Good food you hate.

Well done steak.

Chibibar

Chinese Bitter melon.

I just can't stand the stuff but a bajallion people can't be wrong ;)

That and Stinky Tofu. (Cho-To-Fu) bleh!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Coffee, mushrooms and onions... Yech. For some reason I also dislike some Finnish delicacies such as carrot, rutabaga and potato casseroles.

Also I would say boiled cabbage, but I don't know how many people like that in the first place.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Pickles. I can't understand why anyone would want to eat one plain. I don't even usually like them on my hamburgers.

Hershey's chocolate. Well, it's not that I can't stand it, but it's really poor chocolate. It's harsh and the sugar overpowers the chocolate flavor. Same goes for M&Ms.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I also hate Hershey's chocolate. It's got the same consistency that I imagine baby spit up has.

I don't know about "good," but a lot of people down here love hog's head cheese, and I can't get anywhere near it without feeling sick.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Headcheese... Ugh! I almost vomited in my mouth when you mentioned that, CG...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Pickles. I can't understand why anyone would want to eat one plain. I don't even usually like them on my hamburgers.

Hershey's chocolate. Well, it's not that I can't stand it, but it's really poor chocolate. It's harsh and the sugar overpowers the chocolate flavor. Same goes for M&Ms.
Hershey quietly admits that their only "good" chocolate is the Special Dark. Everything else is pfft.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Headcheese... Ugh! I almost vomited in my mouth when you mentioned that, CG...
Oh, I'm sorry!

*devilish grin*

HEEEEEEEEEAD CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

Kitty Sinatra

Good food you hate.

Well done steak.
More like badly done steak, eh. Amirite?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Steak is rare, medium rare, medium, and why bother.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Great, we're going that way again.

Oh well...

*takes off his pants and prepares for a sauna thread*

Enresshou

Enresshou

Umeboshi (sour pickled plum): super popular in Japan, but I wanted to rip my tongue out of my mouth the first time I bit into one.

Lasagna: my mom would find a food I REALLY liked, and then make nothing but that two or three days a week until I absolutely hated it.

Hamburger Helper: see above. It was both a side and the main course growing up.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Great, we're going that way again.

Oh well...

*takes off his pants and prepares for a sauna thread*
Not likely. He-who-shall-not-be-named won't be back for a couple more days at the earliest.

Cajungal

Cajungal

OH I thought of another one! Something parents make for their kids a lot: Macaroni and cheese with canned tuna stirred in. What... the hell?

HowDroll

HowDroll

I can think of very few foods that I outright hate. The only things I've ever eaten that have made me gag are cottage cheese and natto. Raw fish, innards, snails, whatever -- bring it on.

I really don't enjoy many "homestyle" meat-and-potatoes type dishes, though. My mom's a terrible cook--she finds anything with any amount of flavor "too spicy"--and so a 5-meal rotation of meatloaf, turkey, chicken, macaroni and cheese, and big hunks of overdone beef (steaks, briskets, etc. depending on the season) has left me with an aversion for these sort of meals. Lots of people find my mom's cooking delicious. I find it terribly bland and uninspired.

Fun Size

Fun Size

The definition of "good food" you people seem to be going with is not the one I would have gone with.

Also: brussel sprouts. They're like little demon cabbages that are pissed that they couldn't grow into real cabbages, and they're going to take it out on your tastebuds.

Wahad

Wahad

Any kinds of replacement meat. Tofu, Quorn, Veg-burgers., ugh. HANDS OFF MAH MEAT.

Also I don't like cauliflower.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

devil's food cake

blotsfan

blotsfan

I don't like ketchup or jelly.

Kitty Sinatra

angel's food cake.

Fun Size

Fun Size

CAKE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

figmentPez

figmentPez

The definition of "good food" you people seem to be going with is not the one I would have gone with.
I'm going with the definition provided in the OP. "Well what are some foods that other people love and yet you can't stand?"

Fun Size

Fun Size

There are people in this world who love macaroni and cheese with tuna mixed into it?

I...I think I need to go lie down for a while.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Almost all frostings.

Kitty Sinatra

Almost all frostings.
Shirley that doesn't include Susan's.

Krisken

Krisken

I don't like Carrot Cake.
I despise black licorice
Coffee is right out.
I've had single malt scotch and hated it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

There are people in this world who love macaroni and cheese with tuna mixed into it?

Yep. Lots of people here do it. Gross, right?!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Ugh, I can't STAND pickles! My roomate in college used to eat those straight out of the jar all the time. He always laughed when I refered to them as "Satan's Penis."

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Any kind of fish.

Qonas

Mushrooms and coffee.

Oh and anything that's leafy and green.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I don't like most tea. I can drink chamomile with honey, but anything else makes me feel sick.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Yep. Lots of people here do it. Gross, right?![/QUOTE]
:paranoid:

I would call these good, but mushrooms. Yuck.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I don't care for baked beans, chili, tofu, cottage cheese, coffee or fish sticks.

Especially all together.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I don't like most tea. I can drink chamomile with honey, but anything else makes me feel sick.
stop teasing

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Ahhh. Wha? You're a southern gal and you don't drink sweet tea?!? :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ahhh. Wha? You're a southern gal and you don't drink sweet tea?!? :D[/QUOTE]

It's true! I admit it! I despise sweet tea.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

stop teasing[/QUOTE]

D'aaaah, you.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Shannow

Shannow

I actively dislike bacon

Gusto

Gusto

Bacon, most kinds of Doritos, scotch.

Kitty Sinatra

Scotch & Bacon Doritos would be awesome.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Scotch & Bacon Doritos would be awesome.
I'd be willing to give these a try. :D

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I also hate Hershey's chocolate. It's got the same consistency that I imagine baby spit up has.

I don't know about \"good,\" but a lot of people down here love hog's head cheese, and I can't get anywhere near it without feeling sick.
Hershey's chocolate is foul. It has a special, rotten, sour flavor to it. It's basically rancid chocolate.

And that's a fact, not an opinion. Herskey's purposefully puts their chocolate through lipolysis, which is the same process that turns oils rancid.

http://www.rps.psu.edu/0009/chocolate.html

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

People don't like bacon AND coffee?? What in the hell do you have for breakfast?

Krisken

Krisken

People don't like bacon AND coffee?? What in the hell do you have for breakfast?
A win sandwich, made up of 3 maple syrup sausage links, shaved slices of chicken, and havarti cheese on two slices of toasted Italian bread.

Qonas

Speaking as a coffee hater (not bacon, bacon is the most delicious thing ever), orange juice. Big ol' cool glass of orange juice. Every single day. If orange juice was actually a nice redheaded woman, I'd marry her. I love orange juice.

And coffee is not only a drug, but gross.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

How dare you slander coffee! :mad:

It's not a drug. I can quit anytime I want. :paranoid:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

How dare you slander coffee! :mad:

It's not a drug. I can quit anytime I want. :paranoid:[/QUOTE]

This ThisThisThisThisThis :jitter:

AdamRB

Cheese Cake

Also Coffee and Dark Chocolate, too bitter.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I hate seafood. All kinds as well as crawfish, lakefish, calamari, etc etc etc.

Mushrooms make me gag and this makes me very sad because I will never have beef wellington. I just (as in the last year or two) started liking onions cooked...

This sucks. I'd always wanted to be a cook, but because of my picky tastes I knew that it wouldn't be a wise profession to choose.

Philosopher B.

Garlic. Just smelling it feels like my nostrils have been ar ay pee ee dee.

Also, onions. And most cheeses.

Laurelai

Peas. Little green peas. Hateses 'em. I love just about all things grown from the ground, but peas make me gag.

TwoBit

While I love most kinds of sea food, I cannot stand any type of fish. Just the smell of fish being cooked makes me wanna gag.

I also despise celery. A LOT.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Fish... onion.... garlic.....

You people would hate my cooking.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

That reminded me!

I hate lobster, crabs, and raw sushi. I actually don't really like most sushi in general. It doesn't taste like much of anything.

But, I do love crayfish etouffee, some shrimp dishes are okay, I like most fish. It really depends on how they're cooked though, and I avoid them unless I know they're fresh. Picky, I know.

Philosopher B.

Just the smell of fish being cooked makes me wanna gag.
No doubt you sympathize with your brethren.

Hey-o!

What I'm saying is, he looks like a fish.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That reminded me!

I hate lobster, crabs, and raw sushi. I actually don't really like most sushi in general. It doesn't taste like much of anything.

But, I do love crayfish etouffee, some shrimp dishes are okay, I like most fish. It really depends on how they're cooked though, and I avoid them unless I know they're fresh. Picky, I know.[/QUOTE]

Our friendship depends heavily on you never saying "crayfish" again. :mad:

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Black licorice
Caviar
Wasabi
Dijon mustard
Coffee
Eggplant

Seriously, all the males in my family hate eggplant. It's a dislike that goes back at least three generations. No matter how it's prepared, we just won't eat it.

Wasabi Poptart

Black tea made hot makes me nauseous. I can drink hot green tea, Earl Grey, and herbal teas with no problem. Same goes for iced tea. Regular old hot black tea, like Tetley, makes me feel ill after a few minutes.

I hate stew. It looks like dog food.

Siska

Siska

Surströmming. A very traditional fish dish served in early summer in Sweden. Can't stand it, eewwwaieach!

Koko

Black tea made hot makes me nauseous. I can drink hot green tea, Earl Grey, and herbal teas with no problem. Same goes for iced tea. Regular old hot black tea, like Tetley, makes me feel ill after a few minutes.

I hate stew. It looks like dog food.[/QUOTE]

black tea contains more caffeine, that would likely be causing nausea

Wasabi Poptart

But I don't get nauseated at all when I drink coffee.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

From this, I get the feeling I would like your cooking very much.

As for my foods other people love that I hate...

Eggs, be they fried, scrambled, boiled, devilled or turned into egg salad or an omlette. They're nasty, and they smell like fart.
Lasagna
Veal (and not even because its baby cow. I hated long before I knew that)
Shrimp rings (This is the only way I will not eat shrimp. Other than this one method, shrimp are the single most delicious thing on the planet)

The obvious ones that have already been said:
Mushrooms (Literally cannot eat them. My most recent encounter was when Quizno's put them on my sub once after I said no. I didn't realize it until I bit in and had to run to the bathroom to vomit)
Black Licorice (How can anyone like that stuff?)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hold the onion and I'll eat :)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Hold the onion and I'll eat :)[/QUOTE]

Here, just scrape it off onto my plate.

Yoink

Mushrooms .. disgusting, mouldy tasting shit with the consistence of rubber. Blergh.

Besides that, I loathe brussels sprouts and sour wood .. sry, I meant asparagus

and coffee is awesome .. it´s the fuel I need to endure my work and the horrible madness of modern life

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Pickles
Mustard
Mayonnaise
Mushrooms
Tuna

Oh and Black Licorice? Umm I haven't met buy maybe one person in my life that likes black licorice and it was an old lady... Jagermeister has a licorice flavor to it, I don't like it by itself... I also hate red bull... But together they make the most delicious concoction ever... well maybe not the most delicious but pretty damn good.

I will think of more later probably...

Alucard

I hate tofu blegh

Vagabond

V.Bond

Oysters, mussels, and clams.
Lobster and shrimp too.
I also do not enjoy any type of dressing on my salads.
Oh, and coleslaw.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hold the onion and I'll eat :)[/QUOTE]

Here, just scrape it off onto my plate.[/QUOTE]

Most Cajun dishes start with some chopped onion. It's allllll mixed up in the dish. :p

Math242

Math242

fish

all of them.

i don't get how people can eat that.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I hate Coffee and almost all desserts.

Philosopher B.

Mushrooms
I hate tofu blegh
Add these to my 'do not want' list, as well.

I hate Coffee and almost all desserts.
Does that include pie.

Baerdog

Baerdog

So many people in this thread are just dead inside.

You poor, poor people.

:(

Philosopher B.

I'm not dead inside just life-impaired.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Does that include pie.
Yup. I like chocolate cake/birthday cake only SOMETIMES, and I love Jell-O pudding. And sometimes I like chocolate chip cookies or Oreos. But other than that, I'm always 'no thanks' to dessert.

Hylian

Hylian

I am not big on Tofu unless it is cut up real small and it is in something to give it some flavor. I am also not a fan of coconut.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I don't know what's wrong with me, but i just don't like cake very much.

Pie, on the other hand, is just fine.

Hylian

Hylian

I don't know what's wrong with me, but i just don't like cake very much.

Pie, on the other hand, is just fine.

^ this

I have never been able to really enjoy cake. I don't hate it but I don't really enjoy it that much either. Maybe it's because I find most cakes to sweet. But I can never pass up a pie.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Cake that's too dry is terrible.

Wasabi Poptart

I also despise celery. A LOT.
I don't like celery either. Doesn't matter if it's raw or cooked. Bleh. I dislike it so much that I didn't consider it a "good" food. LOL

Hylian

Hylian

I am also not a big fan of honey. If there is just a little bit cooked into something I am fine. But just straight honey on toast or something I just can't stand it's way too sweet.

KarateKidMcFly

I have an aversion to bananas and banana flavored things. Started when I went to the local county fair, and had my mom buy me a half pound bag of banana flavored Runts. I ate the entire bag on the way home. Immediately regretted that decision -_-

The Pumes

I hate crab, I am trying to get myself to like it, but I hate those crustaceous freaks.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I hate crab, I am trying to get myself to like it, but I hate those crustaceous freaks.
If it helps, I understand that they are somehow related to spiders.

Rose

I can't eat any of the sea bugs. Shrimp, crab, lobsters, ew ew ew.

Chazwozel

I fucking hate macaroni and cheese. MOST BORING FOOD ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!

Piotyr

Piotyr

Sometimes I'll throw chopped bacon or hot dogs in there just to make it interesting.

Chazwozel

Sometimes I'll throw chopped bacon or hot dogs in there just to make it interesting.[/QUOTE]

My wife makes it the absolute only way that I'll ever eat it. She doesn't use an easy-Mac kit, actual elbow noodles, real cheese etc... and she adds onion and ham into it with some Tabasco sauce mixed in; sprinkles some pepper and oregano over the top. That's the only way I'll slug down Mac and cheese.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

My wife makes it the absolute only way that I'll ever eat it. She doesn't use an easy-Mac kit, actual elbow noodles, real cheese etc... and she adds onion and ham into it with some Tabasco sauce mixed in; sprinkles some pepper and oregano over the top. That's the only way I'll slug down Mac and cheese.
I am no Mac and Cheese apologist, but anything from scratch is always gonna blast the tits off some box and powder hack job of a meal.

Chazwozel

I am no Mac and Cheese apologist, but anything from scratch is always gonna blast the tits off some box and powder hack job of a meal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but even from scratch Mac and Cheese has got nothing. It's ok as a side dish, I suppose...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I am no Mac and Cheese apologist, but anything from scratch is always gonna blast the tits off some box and powder hack job of a meal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but even from scratch Mac and Cheese has got nothing. It's ok as a side dish, I suppose...[/QUOTE]

It's for kids, mostly... all gushy and orange. I'm with Charlie, my grandma makes macaroni and cheese from scratch, and it's actually good.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Yeah, but even from scratch Mac and Cheese has got nothing. It's ok as a side dish, I suppose...[/QUOTE]

It's for kids, mostly... all gushy and orange. I'm with Charlie, my grandma makes macaroni and cheese from scratch, and it's actually good.[/QUOTE]

Wait, how are the "macaroni and cheese" you've been talking about prepared?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I don't think I've ever had Mac and cheese. Macaroni and hamburger meat casserole, sure... but we don't put cheese in that.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The boxed stuff is just powdered, cheese-like stuff that you mix with milk and butter.

Gusto

Gusto

I ate boxed macaroni and cheese so often as a child that now the sight or smell of it will induce vomiting.

I AM SERIOUS :[

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Wait, how are the "macaroni and cheese" you've been talking about prepared?

versus

really no comparison between the two :)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

My half-italianitude cries at the thought of this pre-made marcaroni and cheese...
Probably because I had been thinking of "regular" "made from scratch" macaroni, I don't mean I couldn't like the pre-made powdered stuff, I just don't think I woult think about it as "macaroni".

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I've made stovetop mac & cheese more or less from scratch. Kicks the boxed stuff square in the balls.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Tomatoes and certain forms of egg simply revolt me.

Hylian

Hylian

I like eggs in general but I absolutely can't stand fast food eggs. Even just thinking about them turn my stomach.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Fast food eggs don't qualify as "good" food. The last time I threw up (2004) was due to a McDonald's breakfast burrito. Their eggs are awful.

Chazwozel

Fast food eggs don't qualify as "good" food. The last time I threw up (2004) was due to a McDonald's breakfast burrito. Their eggs are awful.
I don't think they use real eggs. I think they use egg beaters or some weird egg substitute.

Philosopher B.

I don't think I've ever had macaroni and cheese that wasn't from scratch ...

... oh, and I just remembered, not a big fan of lasagna. That Garfield mofokka was crazy. Of course, it could just be that I've never eaten lasagna outside of my mother's version, and the results of her efforts were not always award-winning. :confused:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Pumpkin pie. Just cannot bear it. Probably because the vast majority of them are made with the canned stuff.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I don't think they use real eggs. I think they use egg beaters or some weird egg substitute.
I've been told that most scrambled eggs at fast food and some other restaurants are powdered eggs. The kicker, remember all those studies that showed that eggs were bad for your cholesterol? Those were done using powdered eggs. The studies done with fresh eggs didn't show the same rise in cholesterol levels.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Pumpkin pie. Just cannot bear it. Probably because the vast majority of them are made with the canned stuff.
Try pumpkin cheesecake instead. It's super delicious.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I don't like pumpkin pie either.

But I do love pumpkin seeds!

Chazwozel

Try pumpkin cheesecake instead. It's super delicious.[/quote]

Baerdog

Baerdog

It is fabulous...

Joe Johnson

Sushi - unfortunately. I LOVE the idea of it, and it looks so damn cool, but I just don't like it - though I WANT to.

Chazwozel

Sushi - unfortunately. I LOVE the idea of it, and it looks so damn cool, but I just don't like it - though I WANT to.

Not even California rolls? I gotta agree to an extent. I can't eat sushi everyday, and I really have to be in the mood for it.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Man, I can't stand California rolls. Mayo and (generally fake, sometimes not) crab, no thanks.

Chazwozel

Man, I can't stand California rolls. Mayo and (generally fake, sometimes not) crab, no thanks.
California rolls are the sushi for people not sure about sushi.

Dave

Dave

I've never had sushi. :(

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Yeah, pretty much.

I tried horse sashimi last time I went for sushi in the city. Very dark meat, almost purple it was so red. Basically tastes like bitter beef.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Since I don't like any seafood, I have to stick to the veggie rolls.

BUT DAMN if sushi ain't pretty to look at!!!

Chazwozel

Yeah, pretty much.

I tried horse sashimi last time I went for sushi in the city. Very dark meat, almost purple it was so red. Basically tastes like bitter beef.
Yeah, no thanks.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

H..horse??

As in a pony?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Yeah.

It wasn't good and it cost waaay too fucking much money.

Joe Johnson

My point exactly, Vytamindi. It's just so artfully done!
And, it's not awful, I just don't like it. And, no, not even California rolls.

I do like to try it every once in awhile, I'm hoping to acquire a taste someday. Mainly because I have so many friends who just go gagga over it. It'd be nice to share that.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

can't remember the name of the food, is a chinese dish with noodles mixed with vegetables and meats, I used to like and one *BAM* I started to hate it, from a bite to the other just like that.

Similarly, Shrimp, I eat one or too and get sick of it, but the first ones are delicious, doesn't help that I think of them as "sea cockroachs"

Oh, I just hate coconut, there is only one coconut food that I enjoy, that is a kind of cookie sold here, but I don't like it in any of its other forms.

There is a number of regional dishes that I dislike and my family often teases me about it, but It would pointless say them here (I guess)

Wasabi Poptart

I've never had sushi. :(
Me either. I'd like to try it though. I'm always afraid I'll get sick from it though.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I could eat sushi every day.

I like it so much, I got my own maki-su (bamboo mat for rolling sushi)..I don't do as well as the pros, but hey

And if you don't like sushi..try candy sushi

That's rice crispy treats, gummy worms and wine gums, wrapped in fruit roll-ups. Chocolate sauce for soy sauce.. it was much tastier than I expected it to be.

Hylian

Hylian

I could eat sushi every day.

I like it so much, I got my own maki-su (bamboo mat for rolling sushi)..I don't do as well as the pros, but hey

I could eat sushi every day as well. :drool:

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I adore good maki, like this local place called Kodo has their own called, surprisingly, Kodomaki. Tempura shrimp, crab, grilled salmon skin and japanese pickles rolled up with an outer layer of avacado and roe. Delicious.

Gusto

Gusto

I need to be in the mood to go for sushi, which is good because I go for all you can eat and it's kind of expensive for a meal. Although proportionately cheap for the volume. :D

I basically love sushi but don't want to eat it more than every couple months so as to not get sick of it.

Gared

Gared

Really, about the only thing I don't like is most white fish. I cannot stand catfish. I'm trying to learn to like fish, because it sounds so good. You always hear pro-chefs describe how delicate and flaky, and fresh tasting fish is, but 99% of the time I've been near fish it smells nasty, and tastes just like it smells. They also say this is a sign of less-than-fresh fish, but honestly the only time I've been around fish that doesn't smell that way is fresh caught or the fish markets at Pike Place, which is such a pain in the ass to get around that I just can't bring myself to go there.

Strangely, the same does not apply to sushi (except that I usually can't stand the texture of raw fish), good tuna, and occasionally salmon and mahi-mahi.

Also, the texture of real bananas kills me. I can handle them in pie form, or pudding form, or bread form, and I love the flavor of bananas so popsicle form kicks much ass, I just can't peel a banana and eat it.

Oh, and the aforementioned evil that is Hershey's chocolate. I am exceptionally pissed that they bought out Scharffen Berger's chocolate and then shut down the plant in Cali, that was some of the best baking chocolate I've ever used (flourless chocolate cake, FTW!).

Aside from that, the only thing I can imagine really hating on the previous list is that boxed mac-and-cheese with tuna. Or any mac and cheese with tuna, really. Tuna casserole is one thing, mac-and-cheese with tuna is an abomination.

Oh, and Krisken's breakfast sandwich sounds amazing.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I stand with the "could eat sushi every damn day" crowd on this one.

That said, I spent a year in Japan, and since I came back, I can't eat the supermarket/crappy generic-Asian restaurant crap that is all over the place in the States, it just doesn't taste right.

I have to look for a much more upscale restaurant to get decent sushi, and I just can't afford to do that most of the time.

Siska

Siska

Cake! More accuratly, I hate cake frosting. I think it's a US and possibly brittish custom of coating cakes with it. I do occationally make the kind of cake I like (with whipped cream, instead) but never for any kind of special occation, including my own birthday, and here's why...

My sister in law asked me what kind of cake I would like for her to make me (was my first birthday celebrated here). I told her that I wanted one with cream and that I would be happy to either assist her or make it myself if she didn't know how. Well, her voice started to tremble and she asked what everyone else would be eating if there was no real cake. I realized cakes and birthday parties were far more important to her then they ever would be to me. So I quickly said, no worries, just make whatever kind you like. It worked. All signs of cake related distress immediatly disappeared from her face. Phiew!

Luckily, I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I don't miss cake that much. Only get a craving sometimes in early summer and then I might make one, topped with strawberries.