Export thread

Goodbye, Kobayashi

Krisken

Krisken

Actor Pete Postlethwaite has passed away.

Dave

Dave

This is sad news indeed! He is one of those actors who you never know the name of but always recognize and like. I first saw him in (*groan*) James and the Giant Peach but after that I saw him everywhere!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

He was a marvelous actor. I really respected his role in "In the Name of the Father." I felt he carried that movie better than Daniel Day Lewis...

Gryfter

Gryfter

Noooooooo! He was Commander Vimes! (or at least the model for him)

Truly sad.

Krisken

Krisken

I think I'm throwing in The Usual Suspects as a tribute movie to him today. Great actor who had some fantastic performances.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

What a shame. :(

Loved him in Usual Suspects and In the Name of the Father.

Disconnected

and his recent turn in Inception becomes more sad.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Damn... Sgt Obadiah Hakeswill from the Sharpe's TV movies has marched on...

Calleja

Calleja

The monk from Dragonheart, Kobayashi, the only good character in Lost World, so many, many great roles. Few actors could pull off creepy like this guy. Great loss, I really felt it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

He's writing histories and shooting arrows at immortal kings for God now... Pax vobiscum, frater Gilbert de Glockenspur. Requiescat in pace, frater Laurence.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I thought the former Hot Dog Eating Champion had passed away.

Dave

Dave

I thought the former Hot Dog Eating Champion had passed away.
Interesting. I expected a totally different reaction from you.

Wahad

Wahad

Poor mr. Postlethwaite. You had the worst name ever for me to spell, but damn if you weren't a great actor. I'll miss him, I will.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Interesting. I expected a totally different reaction from you.
It's kind of weird to pick that role out of all of his to call him as. He was a great actor.

D

Dubyamn

Man I heard about this on the radio. I had just hoped that it was some other actor not him. They played a interview with him and I can honestly say that there was nothing of "him" in his parts. He truely was an amazing actor who could put on an entire person.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

He was a marvelous actor. I really respected his role in "In the Name of the Father." I felt he carried that movie better than Daniel Day Lewis...
While I disagree about him carrying the movie better than Daniel Day Lewis, I too will remember him as Da'.

Krisken

Krisken

It's kind of weird to pick that role out of all of his to call him as. He was a great actor.
It's what I know him best from. Not everyone goes out of their way to watch 60+ movies in a theater each year.

Disconnected

... watch 60+ movies in a theater each year.
my new goal for the year.

Just Me

Just Me

A great actor gone. /sad

Lots of his merits have been mentioned here, not the least being Obadiah.
I'll throw in his beautiful performance in 'Brassed off'.
/deepbow