Export thread

Grainy yogurt

Cajungal

Cajungal

So my brother just opened up a container of plain yogurt. He showed it to me, and it has an unusual, grainy texture. I took a bite, and it doesn't taste bad;it just feels different. I think it's fine, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Calleja

Calleja

.....whaaaaat?! :Leyla:

Dude, that doesn't sound healthy!!! Induce vomit!! Stop, drop and roll!!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's de-legged spider cores.

Cajungal

Cajungal

So, protein?

Gusto

Gusto

Halva?

Calleja

Calleja

no, but seriously, that's like.. not normal, and gross and you should get the nearest available priest to exorcise you or something.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Uh, are you describing tapioca?

Cajungal

Cajungal

No.

Calleja

Calleja

...the power of curdled dairy compels you?

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh: Well, he's still standing.

figmentPez

figmentPez

So my brother just opened up a container of plain yogurt. He showed it to me, and it has an unusual, grainy texture. I took a bite, and it doesn't taste bad;it just feels different. I think it's fine, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
Is it a different brand than usual? There are a variety of types of yogurt, and some do have a grainier texture than others do.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

:laugh: Well, he's still standing.
Only he hasn't moved in half an hour, and he keeps calling himself "Captain Rocketpop."

Calleja

Calleja

Yeah.. I fear for your brother's stomach contents... I think there's a distinct possibility they will be expelled. Fast. From either end.. or both. Yeesh.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nah it's the usual brand. In fact, for a while I got the generic supermarket brand, and that was actually creamier than this name brand. Weird. O well, it doesn't seem to have killed him.... yet. I'm used to a little bit of graininess, but this is more than I've seen, at least in a while. There wasn't as much of that liquid that's on top of plain yogurt when we opened this one. Maybe that's why.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

It's fine as long as it doesn't get in your mouth. Otherwise, you're a goner.

It's actually okay. Some yogurts turn out like that, especially homemade yogurts.

Sources:
Homemade yogurt maker for a few years. Food science nerd.

Calleja

Calleja

....liquid on top of yogurt?

By Darwin, what the hell kind of yogurt are you people eating up there?!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Come on, I KNOW that's normal... that little bit of liquid that rises to the top?

Calleja

Calleja

No.. no, no, no, no. I love me some yogurt but I have NEVER had any sort of liquid on top of it as I crack it open. I'd throw at the nearest wall and call my nearest available priest. What, you think I was being funny about that? Yogurt is serious business, ceej!

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Come on, I KNOW that's normal... that little bit of liquid that rises to the top?
I know what you're talking about. I've seen a lot of yogurts that have that liquid which rises to the top.

Calleja

Calleja

I thought the FDA had standards!!!

*checks his nearest available priest is still on speed dial*

Philosopher B.

I know what you're talking about. I've seen a lot of yogurts that have that liquid which rises to the top.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's like ... really really common. I always just drain that shit.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh: Fernando, you goober. You've really never seen that? It looks just like water.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

I know what you're talking about. I've seen a lot of yogurts that have that liquid which rises to the top.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's like ... really really common. I always just drain that shit.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I just eat it in the first spoonful. No real problems from that stuff.

Gusto

Gusto

You just stir that shit up.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Hey Calleja, guess what else? American yogurt doesn't have jalapenos or other types of hot peppers in it! We put . . . wait for it . . . FRUIT IN OURS!! *GASP*
:jaw:

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

No!! That destroys the texture of the yogurt. You heathen!

Cajungal

Cajungal

And we eat it during the time when you have siesta.

Gusto

Gusto

No!! That destroys the texture of the yogurt. You heathen![/QUOTE]

I guess I just don't give a shit about yogurt.

:eek:hwell:

figmentPez

figmentPez

No!! That destroys the texture of the yogurt. You heathen!
What? No, stirring? How else are you supposed to eat fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Easy. You thaw out frozen fruit, mix it in with plain yogurt, and then throw out your fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt. :p

Calleja

Calleja

You people are DEAD to me!!

*on phone* Hello, Padre Anselmo? Yes, father... we have a problem. The yogurt kind.

http://www.dramabutton.com

Null

Null

Yeah, I just stir the whey (that's what that water is, basically) into the yogurt.

Wasabi Poptart

I have some kefir that's grainy. It didn't kill me when I drank it. It just feels weird on the tongue.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Proper yogurt will collapse if stirred too much. Mass-produced yogurts can be stirred as much as you want.

Dave

Dave

I hate yogurt.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I hate yogurt.

LordRavage

Has no one seen The Stuff?

Dave

Dave

I hate yogurt.
.[/QUOTE]

Someone make that avatar sized. Dave Lister might be going away.

makare

I hate yogurt.
Me too! Holy crap dave we agree on something. Today is truly a special day.

Dave

Dave

I hate yogurt.
Me too! Holy crap dave we agree on something. Today is truly a special day.[/QUOTE]

That's Dave.

Capital D.

makare

I hate yogurt.
Me too! Holy crap dave we agree on something. Today is truly a special day.[/QUOTE]

That's Dave.

Capital D.[/QUOTE]

How about el Dorko.. capital D.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Someone make that avatar sized. Dave Lister might be going away.
Here 'ya go:

or

Wasabi Poptart

Has no one seen The Stuff?
I haven't, but I hear Calleja has. (Sorry, I couldn't resist it.)

Calleja

Calleja

oh hahahaHAAHA

:angry:

Shaw Coyote

Shaw Coyote

I grew up eating grainy yogurt and I turned out fruit.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'll top grainy yogurt, last night I ate fizzy yogurt. Yup, the yogurt I was munching on carbonated itself in the package (and it isn't the type that's supposed to be that way). Since the pressure of the carbonation didn't break the seal on the container, letting in anything bad, it's perfectly fine to eat (and quite tasty, actually). The bacterial cultures from yogurt can even be transplanted into sugar water to brew soda, a project my sister is currently working on (but the little kefir beasies are being finicky, and she hasn't gotten a good fizz reliably yet).

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's really neat!