Export thread

Haircut thread

D

Dubyamn

I've just realized that for the entire 2009 year I hadn't had a single haircut. Now I would like to go out right now and get one but I really have no idea what to ask for. In the past I've always gone with a buzz cut which was great for wrestling but since I'm out of college I want a style that says more serious Proffesional less thug life.

Suprisingly I can't find any websites online that actually tell me what to say to the barber when I want the cut in the picture. Nor can I really depend on the barber being knowledgeable enough to suggest what to do with my hair.

I know it's just hair and it'll grow back but I'm just paralyzed not knowing what to ask for. Examples or suggestions would be perfect even if I end up going in a different direction.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I don't know anything about the names of hairstyles, but some suggestions:

1. Tell your barber you're looking for a professional look.
2. Print/cut out photos of haircuts you like, and show them to your barber.

I've done both these things, and it worked out all right. As long as your barber doesn't suck, he should be able to accommodate. And if he does suck, get a new one.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

If you're looking for a "normal" business style haircut, just tell the barber that. Assuming he is someone who specializes in men's hair (and being a barber, this is highly likely) he'll know what you're looking for. You can give him other objectives from there, like which side you want it parted on, how thin or thick you want it on the sides or back, etc.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Poe and bhamv have pretty much covered it, but I feel it is important to stress that you find a barber. Not a hair dresser, not a hair stylist. A barber. Barbers specialize in cutting mens hair, they will have a better idea on how to give you the haircut you want, and their prices are usually cheaper than at a salon.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

When I wanted a different style I just printed out a picture and showed it to my barber. Seems like the easiest way to go about it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Find the most eccentric-looking stylist and say exactly this: "I am your canvas." You cannot lose. :p

Docseverin

Docseverin

I get a haircut every week, and any barber will understand: Medium fade, then tell them how much you want off the top.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

an example

Koko

Never once in my life have I asked for anything remotely specific from a haircut.
"Just do whatever you think looks good"
Always has worked out well for me.

phil

phil

I use clippers and cut my own hair. I use the 1 inch attachment so it's short enough to not have to fuss with but long enough to not be confused with a skin head.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Just ask for a Staubach.

Gusto

Gusto

Just ask for a Staubach.
Is this an elusive King of the Hill reference? I don't know!

Shannow

Shannow

Nothing wrong with a shaved head.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Get a Flowbee. If you can't find a Flowbee, then go for a high-top fade with your initials shaved into it.

With this, you cannot go wrong.

Baerdog

Baerdog

He should get some Nike swooshes shaved into the sides too.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Just ask for a Staubach.
Is this an elusive King of the Hill reference? I don't know![/QUOTE]

Oh Gusto, why can't I quit you.
=swoon=
It was both a haircut suggestion and a King of the Hill quote.

strawman

strawman

Say, "I have an interview at a bank."

Nothing more will need to be said, especially if you go to a barber.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Get a high and not too tight, 0 on the sides and 1 on the top

Jake

Jake

Tell him you like it high and tight.

Chazwozel

Get a number 2 fade with an inch or 2 on the top. That haircut has the Chazwozel seal of approval.

It's pretty much this:

D

Dubyamn

Went with the go with whatever you think looks good. Turned out alright. Not great but definately better than the mop top I had going on.

darkangel6988

Get a number 2 fade with an inch or 2 on the top. That haircut has the Chazwozel seal of approval.

It's pretty much this:

That man is a god......Definitly go with this haircut ! :love: