Export thread

Haitian Telethon

Dave

Dave

You know, I normally don't care for these, but the music for this is excellent. Justin Timberlake singing "Hallalujah" was absolutely magnificent.

Even if it weren't for charity I think I'd be getting this from iTunes.

Espy

Espy

I'll have to check it out on the web later. We don't get no new fangled (or even oldfangled) tv channels.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Did they switch your area to digital, Espy?

Shakey

Shakey

Who was Timberlake playing with?

Espy

Espy

No, it's a couple things: We don't watch "live" tv. We watch Hulu, netflix, etc. On our schedule. We don't watch enough to pay for cable and we don't get good reception with our digital antenna. So really we don't care, we have plenty of ways to watch what we want.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Yeah, I can't squeeze cable into the budget so I stick to hulu. I'm sure it'll show up there sooner or later.

Kitty Sinatra

Justin Timberlake singing "Hallalujah" was absolutely magnificent.
I wonder what Ame thought of his performance . . .

Creature

You know, I normally don't care for these, but the music for this is excellent. Justin Timberlake singing "Hallalujah" was absolutely magnificent.

Even if it weren't for charity I think I'd be getting this from iTunes.
I thought it was beautiful, too, and I really dont care much for JT. At all.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I was wondering about what a crappy version it was, than I noticed the site had Beyonce singing whatever at the same time in a sepaarate video. Relistening it now, and yes, it's a good version :-p

Zumbo Prime

Video link?

Dave

Dave

Hard to find one but I'm looking/

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Simply breathtaking.

Biardo

meh. Cohen and Buckley were better, IMO it's a song that can't be sung to corny and this version is.

Also find an other song, it's not quite original, they even used a version here to in the Belgian Telethon.

Dave

Dave

meh. Cohen and Buckley were better, IMO it's a song that can't be sung to corny and this version is.

Also find an other song, it's not quite original, they even used a version here to in the Belgian Telethon.
You have no soul.

Biardo

You have no soul.[/QUOTE]

maybe, but it's a song about biblical adultery what has it got to do with anything? It gets played to much at moments that really don't call for that song like funerals and such, it's just overused.

Espy

Espy

People play that song at funerals? That is a WEIRD choice.

Biardo

well yeah, but it's a wierd choice for an earthquake to, that's what I'm trying to say.

Plus you have to take into acount that not everybody here is that good of an English speaker so maybe some people don't understand the lyrics compeletly

Dave

Dave

I had no idea it was about Biblical adultery. I never would have gotten that. Regardless, it's a beautiful song and they did it masterfully.

Espy

Espy

Yeah, it's about David and Bathsheeba and I think it's kind of a weird and creepy song, and it's beauty (it does sound beautiful, don't get me wrong) only makes it a little creepier.

Dieb

Dieb

Well, you know guys, I believe the song is using the story of David and Bathsheeba as a metaphor.