Export thread

Halforums Geekcast this Saturday!

Dave

Dave

This coming Saturday (24th) we're going to have a podcast because I'm not available Sunday.

The topic will be webcomics - which ones we like and why, and how we got into webcomics in the first place.

Time is 12:00 (noon) CDT, which is 6 PM GMT.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=56336&cmd=tc is the place! Come on in and talk to us!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

FFFFT, it's a time when there isn't any good football on and I could call in, but it's a topic where I don't have anything to add other than all except achewood and gunshow suck :(

Chippy

Chippy

FFFFT, it's a time when there isn't any good football on and I could call in, but it's a topic where I don't have anything to add other than all except achewood and gunshow suck :(
Don't you like Hark A Vagrant? Spread the good word!

Dave

Dave

But you'd also get to validate WHY you think that.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Don't you like Hark A Vagrant? Spread the good word![/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I love Kate Beaton too

I don't really know how to validate why I don't like them past that I don't think they're funny. I can't really intelligently comment on the art or anything, and it'd just be "our tastes in humor are different"

Shannow

Shannow

Oh snap! I may actually be around this weekend!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Damn. I'll be at a party with aging Mardi Gras fanatics.

Oh wait, that's awesome. You guys have fun. :D

Ross

Ross

ill be about 4 hours into my 15.25-hour workday (hooray for picking up a double-shift... also money)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Dang. I am racist against talkshoe. Otherwise, I would be there to talk about the Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Dave

Dave

Dang. I am racist against talkshoe. Otherwise, I would be there to talk about the Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree
So give me an alternative that will allow people to call in/chat.

Cajungal

Cajungal

See, I don't think Talkshoe is black enough.

Dave

Dave

See, I don't think Talkshoe is black enough.
Shaddap, you.

Cajungal

Cajungal

AUGH I'm sorry. >.< Couldn't resist. :hug:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

So give me an alternative that will allow people to call in/chat.[/QUOTE]

I don't know any alternative podcast-made-"easy" services

Gusto

Gusto

I second everything that has been said in this thread.

Jamboree, Talkshoe sucks, differing opinions, busy working.

Wahad

Wahad

Won't be there.

Too bad, too. It's a topic I like. Oh well, maybe some other time. *shrug*

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Using my cell phone has worked alright for me in the past. Doesn't everyone have free/unlimited weekend minutes? I thought that was nearly standard

Dave

Dave

Using my cell phone has worked alright for me in the past. Doesn't everyone have free/unlimited weekend minutes? I thought that was nearly standard
I don't. So it's a good thing I go in through my PC.

phil

phil

If I remember/ am awake I'll call. This time with a fully charged phone!

Shannow

Shannow

Cell phone is nice, but its better with a mic and pc, I think.

Rubicon

I got into webcomics in kind of a funny way

I never knew there were comics in webform online, so I used to visit this one anime website which I can't remember the name of it, but this was a decade ago, anyways they had a links sidebar on their mainpage with links to places like Fark, SomethingAwful, etc and one of the links was Penny Arcade, which I got into reading simply by visiting their site one day from that link.

Then I found out there were others out there, I can't remember how I stumbled onto PvP back in 2002/2003 but I did, at one point I was reading like 10+ a day which is small compared to some peoples standards. These days, I really dont read anything other than PA and occasionally PvP. I'll check in with VGC once or twice a month to see if dude updated but past that *shrug* I used to love MacHall but Im not a fan of ThreePanelSoul. In recent years I got into PBF and XKCD. Can't say I'm a fan of Starslip or OOTS.

Dave

Dave

Less than 1/2 hour until the podcast. http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=56336&cmd=tc is the link.

Hope the Europeans show up. I'm digging this timeslot just for you all!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Looking forward to hearing the results when I get home in 3hrs.

Shannow

Shannow

sorry boss, just wakin up from the hangover like an hour ago

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Also, talk shoe wasnt allowing connection at all for the last 45 minutes for me

Wahad

Wahad

Less than 1/2 hour until the podcast. http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=56336&cmd=tc is the link.

Hope the Europeans show up. I'm digging this timeslot just for you all!
Would've, but I'm at my parent's house and 6 is eating time there. Also don't have a microphone there.

strawman

strawman

I'm listening while I work on my shed. I read about 45+ webcomics a day, so perhaps I'll chime in...

-Adam

Krisken

Krisken

It's working now, which is nice.

Overflight

Well, if I may say so, I think that went rather well.

BTW, if anyone wants to know what the hell I was talking about me "being" in Evil Inc, just click my Evil Inc. sig. To give it a little context: at this time in the strip, the titular company was acquired by the "League Of Justice" and thus the CEO (the guy at the head of the table) is the only one there not a villain.

Qonas

Sorry I missed this, though not so much as I'm not that big on webcomics. Penny Arcade is really it for me now as I've fallen out of the other ones I followed: 8-Bit Theatre, Bob and George, PVP ( :D ).

Shannow

Shannow

It was....interesting

Dave

Dave

It was a clusterfuck that got saved at the last second.