Export thread

Hayden Panettiere Turns 21 - in Ann Arbor

strawman

strawman

Weird. Apparently they're filming Scream 4 here in Ann Arbor, and just a few days ago Hayden Panettiere celebrated her 21st birthday in a club near here.

Poking around a bit more I find that last month they were shooting at a barn just a few miles down the road from where I grew up in Saline.

Not interested in the movie, and not a big fan of Hayden, but it just feels weird that the film industry is picking up in Ann Arbor and southeast Michigan.

If I only had a telephoto zoom I could play at being a paparazzi for the next two days when they're supposed to wrap up.

Disconnected

so why isn't the title of your thread about the industry 'picking up' in MI?

hidden love for hayden that's why.

Espy

Espy

It makes sense, I'm sure it's a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot there than in LA on a soundstage. Plus it's a million times better than shooting in Blockistan, you know, since Michigan has the English and the non-war-torn-former-soviet thing going on.

strawman

strawman

so why isn't the title of your thread about the industry 'picking up' in MI?

hidden love for hayden that's why.
I admit it. I have a fetish for women with incredibly plastic-like faces.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Scream 4 is going to fucking rule

Espy

Espy

Somehow I doubt that.

strawman

strawman

the non-war-torn-former-soviet thing going on.
True, dat.

We even had a visit from banksy.

Disconnected

but he rates your movies, he knowwwwwwwws these things.

Espy

Espy

the non-war-torn-former-soviet thing going on.
True, dat.

We even had a visit from banksy.[/QUOTE]

Ok, well, you guys speak english then? Airfare is cheaper? Less 80's fashions being treated as brand new? Thats all I got.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

II have watched Scream so many fucking times. It rules. I will watch everything Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson accidentally do together forever

Espy

Espy

OIH, I"ll watch it, but I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up.

I mean, it has Hayden Panettiere in ti.

Krisken

Krisken

It makes sense, I'm sure it's a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot there than in LA on a soundstage. Plus it's a million times better than shooting in Blockistan, you know, since Michigan has the English and the non-war-torn-former-soviet thing going on.
I think it depends. If the shoot is off the lot, they have to pay for lodging for actors and other items.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Wes Craven is so awesome.

strawman

strawman

I think it depends. If the shoot is off the lot, they have to pay for lodging for actors and other items.
Yeah, but if the state economy is depressed then lodging and food are significantly cheaper than usual, and even in LA they'd have to board a certain percentage of the crew/actors anyway, at sky-high rates. Further Michigan offers one of the best set of incentives and tax breaks for filming in Michigan.

But it's all economics these days. I see that Scream 4 has a budget of 40 million. Not bad, but not great either.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yup. MI recently took great pains to make itself movie-worthy. We've even had a visit from George Clooney and company filming scenes in a salon near where I work. That was a busy day, let me tell you.

--Patrick

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yeah, authenticity in locations isn't such a big thing. I think I mentioned I got a small part in an upcoming detective movie? Well, as far as I know the story is set somewhere in the boonies (the Finnish boonies, that is), but the shooting took place here in Turku and nearby areas, which are more urban and suburban in nature. I can't speak much on shoots on other parts of the town (where the girlfriend and some of our friends were working as extras for a group scene; something about a radical Christian sect or something), but I can see why they chose to shoot the scenes for the fictional Hourulanniemi ('Delirium Bay' ;) ) mental asylum to be shot at Kakola. It's a now-defunct correctional facility located in the middle of the city (apparently it used to be outside the pale of habitation, but the city kinda swallowed it), but the almost Gothic air of the old buildings - and particularly the mental ward were they did part of the shooting - just oozes this kind of oppressiveness that you just know something's not right.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

For her birthday, did anyone give her acting lessons?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Hey! She is not THAT bad.

semi-related note: Anna Paquin and Kristen Bell joined the cast of Scream 4. AHHHHHHHHH this is gonna be awesome

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

this thread worthless without pics

gratuitous Hayden pic

Fun Size

Fun Size

They've been doing a lot of movies around here lately. I know in the last couple years we had that hack Deniro somewhere in the area, and they filmed psrt of Trust at the local high school.

strawman

strawman

As far as I know they simply got her drunk.

Might be an improvement?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

As far as I know they simply got her drunk.

Might be an improvement?[/QUOTE]

Drunk Hayden an improvement?

awwww yeah

crono1224

Hopefully some of these films can turn this town around, and not into Spingfield when Radioman comes to film. I know Detroit is getting a TV show filmed there which apparently ran into trouble cause it is a crime series and god knows we don't want Detroit to look like it has crime, despite the fact New York, LA, Vegas, and others all don't mind these shows filming there. Though also Detroit has some beautiful Art Deco stuff, which maybe able to help if some shows are attempting to look like they are from that time period.

Null

Null

Scream 4 is gonna make Scream 3 look like Scream 2.

That's all I got.