Helm, warp three - ENGAGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*looks at calendar* and you're just now telling us? you sly dog you!

Know what I mean, know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Wink wink.

Pics or it didn't happen! :D
Photography? Holiday snaps?

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

:moon:

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Thanks everyone!

*looks at calendar* and you're just now telling us? you sly dog you!

Know what I mean, know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Wink wink.
I didn't log back on until Sunday or Monday. I wish I had a better story than that. ;)
Oh! Say no more, say no more![/QUOTE]

Look! Are you trying to insinuate something?

fade

Staff member
You should name yourself that if you ever become a rapper.
DJ Cheap in da hiz-zel!

Why haven't you introduced us?
I did! I posted pics in some thread a while back. You even commented on my beard. YOU FORGOT. :(

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Nicely done, young man! Need a DJ cheap?
I actually thought about you when she and I were talking about plans for the big day. I suppose Oklahoma isn't that far from Nebraska.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

my condolences to you
You're just jealous! :humph::moon::zoid:

Congratulations! A lot of people will be like "Don't do it!" but they're stupid. Being married rocks.

Good luck and congrats again.

Congrats! My brother just proposed to his gf this past weekend and she said yes as well.
Well congrats on your new sister-in-law!!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Congratulations! A lot of people will be like "Don't do it!" but they're stupid. Being married rocks.

Good luck and congrats again.
Thanks, buddy!

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Being married rocks my socks off.

Congrats!
I'm hoping more than my socks get rocked off, if you know what I mean! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Why haven't you introduced us?
I did! I posted pics in some thread a while back. You even commented on my beard. YOU FORGOT. :([/quote]

I guess it wasn't an epic beard then.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I have an epic beard. So, epic there will be mythology based solely on my stache of power. I won't even get into my sideburns of might.

Looking at early March. Yeah, I know that's right around the corner. We're both poor and thus, we're going to keep it small. My mom was a florist for some time so, flowers are set. We've got wedding attire set. Rings have been bought. Now, I need a place for the wedding and reception. My folks have a nice gazebo, but early March can still be quite cold. Any ideas??

Dave

Staff member
Yeowch. Food sometimes comes with the hall. But that adds money. And an outside wedding in March is chancy, to say the least.

It also depends on how many you plan on inviting. If you don't have a huge list, you can check out local VFWs or places like Union halls. They usually have some bare-bones places but you'd almost always have to provide food yourself.

If you are inviting a lot, you may have to go to an actual hall.

One thing you might want to do is check local colleges and see if they have any facilities to rent out.

And if you put me up for the night and pay for gas I'll be your DJ. Not sure how much they charge down there but up here it would be anywhere from $500-1000. Now, since March is not prime time it would be on the lower side.

Looking at early March. Yeah, I know that's right around the corner. We're both poor and thus, we're going to keep it small. My mom was a florist for some time so, flowers are set. We've got wedding attire set. Rings have been bought. Now, I need a place for the wedding and reception. My folks have a nice gazebo, but early March can still be quite cold. Any ideas??
Geez, you're getting to the wedding faster than me. Just booked a place for late March (during spring break).

Oh, and congrats!

Congratz! I guess she really is your "Number One".

Keeping it small is a good idea, my wife and I did that and it made the day feel so much more relaxed. Best wishes to you two in the future!

And if you put me up for the night and pay for gas I'll be your DJ. Not sure how much they charge down there but up here it would be anywhere from $500-1000. Now, since March is not prime time it would be on the lower side.
Thanks man! I'll get back to you on that. That's a generous offer for sure! Thanks again!

We're looking at a church in Tulsa that my folks go to. It would be a perfect fit. We'll see if we can swing it.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Geez, you're getting to the wedding faster than me. Just booked a place for late March (during spring break).
Congrats to you as well! Hope all the planning goes well! We kind of have to speed things up due to family members that we want there.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Congratz! I guess she really is your "Number One".

Keeping it small is a good idea, my wife and I did that and it made the day feel so much more relaxed. Best wishes to you two in the future!
Yeah, I'm always telling her to come to my "ready room" and the she has the 'con'. ;)

I have a short list of friends and family. It will be small on my side no matter what. She has people that could potentially fly in from 3 continents, but thankfully she wants a small wedding too. My brother had a small wedding and it was great. My sister had a huge wedding, and it was long and drawn out with massive tension and headaches.

Thanks man! I'll get back to you on that. That's a generous offer for sure! Thanks again!

We're looking at a church in Tulsa that my folks go to. It would be a perfect fit. We'll see if we can swing it.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Congrats to you as well! Hope all the planning goes well! We kind of have to speed things up due to family members that we want there.[/QUOTE]

We sped things up a bit too, mostly for cost. We are shooting for a small wedding but my side may end up outnumbering hers 3 to 1. If we had it here in Minnesota, it would be 4 to 1 the other way. It sucks trying to make sure people are happy. I keep telling the fiancee that it isn't about what everyone else wants but she's very sensitive to offending others, especially her family. *sigh*

We sped things up a bit too, mostly for cost. We are shooting for a small wedding but my side may end up outnumbering hers 3 to 1. If we had it here in Minnesota, it would be 4 to 1 the other way. It sucks trying to make sure people are happy. I keep telling the fiancee that it isn't about what everyone else wants but she's very sensitive to offending others, especially her family. *sigh*
That's tough when you can't afford to bring folks in or have to decide b/t places. I've got family in California that I know can't afford to come out, and I certainly can't afford to either. They'll just have to settle for pictures, and possibly a video.

After seeing how much my brother's wedding cost, my girlfriend has scaled back her plans significantly. I know she wants a huge gala event, but she is also practical and doesn't want massive debt at the start of a marriage. I'll make it up to her someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.