Export thread

Help me buy a grill!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

My dad loves to grill. He grills about twice a week. He currently uses a relatively cheap propane grill that he bought from Walmart. The thing is falling apart, and he's always complaining about how it only gets hot on one side.

I want to get him a new grill for Christmas, but I have no idea what to look for in grills. My budget is currently $200-$250, but I don't mind going higher if the quality warrants, especially since I have no idea how much a decent grill costs.

So, to all you grillers, can a good grill be gotten within my budget? And what should I look for?

Where's Hank Hill when you need him?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Walmart.com: Weber 22.5'' One Touch Gold Charcoal Grill: Grills & Outdoor Cooking

That and 2 chimney starters and a couple of galvanized buckets are all you need to do any grilling task.

If you love Gas:

BRINKMANN 5-BURNER GAS GRILL

and what I use, a little overkill for what you want.

Outdoor Gourmet Stucco Island Grill

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Have your dad learn the dual zone fire method and keep the one he has.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Take it to a carwash and pressure wash that bitch out. then go to sears and find the same burners for replacement.

Kiff

This is essentially the grill I have Shop Char-Griller Duo 3-Burner Black Gas and Charcoal Grill at Lowes.com

I love it so far. The gas burner comes in handy for food I don't want stinking up the house like bacon or seafood. I actually am probably going to get an additional firebox off a cheap smoker and mount it on the side with the charcoal grill.

strawman

strawman

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Is it wrong I read this a help me buy a girl? because I was gunna say make sure she has no diseases but nm :)

Steve

Steve

Brinkmann 4 Burner Gas Grill - 810-8411-5 at The Home Depot

What a great time of the year to buy a grill. Most are marked down due to being out of season. Home Depot has this grill which is marked down about $80 and it really nice. For $150 it wouldn't hurt your wallet too much and your dad would be pleased with this.

Joe Johnson

Brinkmann 4 Burner Gas Grill - 810-8411-5 at The Home Depot

What a great time of the year to buy a grill. Most are marked down due to being out of season. Home Depot has this grill which is marked down about $80 and it really nice. For $150 it wouldn't hurt your wallet too much and your dad would be pleased with this.
That Brinkmann is the one I've got. It was highly recommended by Consumer Reports in its price range. I've had it for two years, and still loving it. In a strictly platonic manner. Mostly.

TNM

TNM

I bought my dad a Big Green Egg last year and it is by far the best grill/smoker he has ever used. If you can snag one it will be the last grill you ever own.