Help me pick out a tattoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
My wife informed me last night that she thinks tattoos are sexy. I currently have none. I guess I wouldn't mind getting one as long as it's not a sleeve or anything.

So what kind should I get? And where?

No, I'm not getting anything done on my face or neck. Or penis. I'm not turning my belly button into a monkey's asshole. Nothing political and no names.

I'm thinking about either something from Avenged Sevenfold or the Marines.

So either

or

(without the freckles)

I'm also thinking maybe a Blue Dallas Cowboys star or Iowa Hawkeye logo.

Attachments

D

Disconnected

Recommendations:
Music related - don't just get a <band name here> text around whatever body part. look at band album art, styles, themes in lyrics come up with something around that.
Marines - look at classic 'sailor jerry' art and the style of whatever artist your using, see if you can use an old them with new art.
Sports logos - most don't change too much in time but remember that team logos do change. I find a plain <TEAM> logo with nothing around it kind of... not sexy.

secondary recommendation:
get her opinion on it. If she thinks they are shmexy then stands to reason she should like what she has to look at too.

Go with the Marines, I say.

Also, try your upper back (or shoulder) - less chance of sagging/stretching the tattoo when you gain/lose weight.

The Avenged Sevenfold one would be awesome.

I'm going to recommend taking ibuprofen before getting it done. If you have stiff or sore muscles it couldn't hurt to visit a massage therapist if your insurance allows you to as well.

Also, research your tat artist. I can't stress how important it is to do your homework on this.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

The Avenged Sevenfold one would be awesome.

I'm going to recommend taking ibuprofen before getting it done. If you have stiff or sore muscles it couldn't hurt to visit a massage therapist if your insurance allows you to as well.

Also, research your tat artist. I can't stress how important it is to do your homework on this.

C

Chazwozel

Don't get a pair of lips tattooed on your ass. Ugh, I still can't live down Senior Week 1999.

Get that tattoo and memorize the monologue as a means of deflecting questions you don't want to answer.

Edit

I'd also like to mention how happy I am that everyone is actually giving suggestions and not pointing out that maybe getting a tattoo for the sole reason that your wife thinks it's kinda hot isn't really the best reason to get one.

I'd also like to mention how happy I am that everyone is actually giving suggestions and not pointing out that maybe getting a tattoo for the sole reason that your wife thinks it's kinda hot isn't really the best reason to get one.
I don't think there's a better reason to get a tattoo than to impress a woman.

Dave

Staff member
I don't think there's a better reason to get a tattoo than to impress a woman.[/QUOTE]

When you've been married 17 years you can give me advice on how to impress and relate with my wife. Know what I sayin'?

Plus, I'm 45. I'm old enough to know better.

And I've decided. I'm gonna get all 3. Starting with the Anchor & Eagle, then the DURR face (one on each arm) and then the final....The Avenged Sevenfold Deathbat on my back. I already have an artist that was recommended by my barber, who is tatted to the max. I have a meeting with him next week to talk about designs, price and time.

And to reiterate, if my wife likes it and is happy then so am I. Plus, being the age I am the tats will hold their colors into my 50s -70s. Ooh rah!

Don't take me too seriously, I was just giving you crap. I actually think it's pretty cool. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo myself. If I still want it after another month I may do it.

Dave

Staff member
Don't take me too seriously, I was just giving you crap. I actually think it's pretty cool. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo myself. If I still want it after another month I may do it.
Sorry, dude! I wasn't talking to you at all. It was to Phil. The old fuddy duddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.