Export thread

Here's your next cell phone, folks!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The applications for this technology seem astoudning. The fact that he was planning on releasing the information as open source is surprising, given how much money he could make off of it.

General Specific

General Specific

Holy crap, that's the future of computing right there.

Cog

Cog

This reminds me of this anime.

fade

fade

It certainly has a "cool" factor, and it's very intelligently innovative, before I get the tired old "fade hates it bit". Here comes the thought-out constructive criticism part people mistake for me "hating it". I think the whole point of a computer is a self contained information device. I find a smartphone far more appealing than projecting information onto a surface for the very things he cites as a weakness (not to mention the privacy factor). The use cases presented are preliminary, of course, but they're weak. He really lost me around 9:30 when he created a smart phone by using a phone-sized device, a wire clipped back to his neck, and a piece of paper. My phone already does that without all the extra stuff. Overall, it's clever, but the projected, interactive screen has been done and rejected before. A less clever but possibly more useful (and marketable approach) is augmented reality. Make better use of the phone camera and do it in the self-contained information box, not the other way around.