Export thread

Hey baby, what's your sign?

drifter

drifter

Apparently, not what it once was:
Your zodiac sign may have changed

And apparently there's a thirteenth sign, which is news to me; the Ophiuchus. I can't believe astrology would drop the ball on this, what with their rigorous methodology and all.

strawman

strawman

hahahaha, that's hilarious. So I was an aries, now I'm a pisces?

Wow, I'm a completely different person:

Aries like to lead and Pisces likes to be lead. Aries is self assured and will draw Pisces out of his or her shell. Pisces likes Aries boldness and Aries likes Pisces need for direction. Aries tendency to criticize will not sit well with Pisces. Pisces likes Aries passion and Aries likes the affection given by Pisces. Pisces is drawn to Aries’ dynamic passions. Aries will handle decisions and fight battles for Pisces, which is just what Pisces is looking for. Aries may be too critical for Pisces and if tact can be found this will be a good pairing.

Well, I'm gonna go find someone to lead me - it is in the stars after all.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I always knew there was a 13th, because of Final Fantasy Tactics.

phil

phil

This some bullshit up in here! Leo 4 life!

Time to change my facebook to raise awareness.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Oh man, barely made it into the Ophiuchus group.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Still Taurus, bitches! *bullhorn symbol with his hand*

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Oh fuck, I'm the hipster of astrology.

"Oh, my sign? It's pretty obscure. You probably haven't heard of it."

Shakey

Shakey

God damn, I don't have cancer anymore. I guess today is a good day after all.

Timmus

Timmus

Bahhhhh!

I'm now a Capricorn.

Maaaaaaaahhhh!

Tress

Tress

Oh no! My inaccurate, completely made-up method for predetermining personality and/or the future has changed? How will I ever ignore the fact that I'm now a Libra?

Wasabi Poptart

No.

Timmus

Timmus

I kind of feel bad for my friends who do take stock in this. They used to be able to explain away my skepticism about astrology as being an Aquarius trait. Now what's their excuse.

This seems like it's old news though...I remember doing a lab where we adjusted where our signs would be to account for "polar wobble" in an elective astronomy class I took in university.

Hylian

Hylian

I am no longer a Leo :(

strawman

strawman

rawr...?

Zappit

Zappit

This is like the metric system of astrology. I'm an Aries, and I'm not converting.

Vagabond

Vagabond

I refuse to change from whatever I was before, fuck you star gods.

Gusto

Gusto

I miss my crabs. This is irritating.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I miss my crabs. This is irritating.
Well that's ironic, usually it's having crabs that does the irritating.

Jay

Jay

I'm now a shitty car model.

Krisken

Krisken

Man, Scorpio was so cool. Libra sounds... well, lame.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I was fine being a Libra, books and justice.

Now I'm a Virgo. Seriously? I'm not a grumpy guy.

Cajungal

Cajungal

So now when I gloss over my newspaper horoscope, I have to look slightly over.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Oh fuck, I'm the hipster of astrology.

"Oh, my sign? It's pretty obscure. You probably haven't heard of it."
And me too. In fact my whole family's signs changed.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Crap, now I'm an Aquarius? Fuck that.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Man, Scorpio was so cool. Libra sounds... well, lame.
No shit... fuck Libra... I'm staying a Scorpio too :D

Emrys

Emrys

Scorpio and proud of it! Libra, my ass.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Now I have cancer...

for a sign.

On the bright side, I am no longer an ass just because I was born in August.

Hylian

Hylian

Gryfter

Gryfter

Bah, astrologist are just trying to prove they are a real science by jumping on the scientific reversal bandwagon. First Pluto then the Brontosaurus and triceratops, now everyone's sign is different. Bah.

Emrys

Emrys

Bah, astrologist are just trying to prove they are a real science by jumping on the scientific reversal bandwagon. First Pluto then the Brontosaurus and triceratops, now everyone's sign is different. Bah.
What did they do to the triceratops?

drifter

drifter

The triceratops is believed to be the juvenile stage of the torosaurus, and there was some outcry about the possible name change, although I guess they decided to keep the name triceratops over torosaurus

fade

fade

Phil Plait's take on it:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/01/13/astrological-sign-of-the-times/

Great, so what’s with this new story? Basically, the Star Tribune talked to an astronomer and an astronomy teacher in the area, who (correctly) poo-pooed astrology. The astronomer mentioned that the signs of the zodiac have shifted since they were first invented thousands of years ago. This is true, because the Earth’s axis wobbles over time, which has the effect of shifting the positions of the zodiacal constellations in the sky, or, more accurately, the time of the year the Sun passes through them. So it used to be that if you were born on March 22, you were an Aries… if you went by the original timing of when the Sun was in Aries. But now, millennia later, the Sun is actually in Pisces on that date. And it won’t be much longer before it’s in Aquarius in late March (hence "the dawning of the Age of Aquarius", in case you’re my age and a hippy or a 5th Dimension fan).

Jiarn

I'm the walking embodiment of a Gemini, now I'm a Taurus? I'm not even REMOTELY close to that signs behavior.

I reject your reality, and subsitute my own.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I, too have become an astrological hipster. I need some thicker glasses frames, and a tweed jacket with leather patches at the elbows. And a damned trilby XP

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hey! Tweed jackets with leather elbow patches are for teachers, not hipsters!

Get your own dress code, you twit!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Jiarn

Still my favorite Webcomic. -grin-

Overflight

Damn it, Officer_Charon beat me to it.

I too have gone from

to

Meh, I'll manage.

(Never believed in this nonsense anyway. I have fond memories of the 12th grade Physics exercise that invited students to debunk the claims of effectiveness of "forces from the stars" at the moment of your birth by comparing the magnitude of the gravitational pull of a distant star to that of an averaged sized doctor standing a meter away.)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The Age of Aquarius has come and gone and we missed it...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Welcome to the fold, ystävä

Matt²

Apparently, not what it once was:
Your zodiac sign may have changed

And apparently there's a thirteenth sign, which is news to me; the Ophiuchus. I can't believe astrology would drop the ball on this, what with their rigorous methodology and all.
Wow, I went from being a Capricorn to being a Sagittarius..which I can barely spell.
NOW WHAT?!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Now your personality is completely different.

Krisken

Krisken

Even better, they said it won't affect your horoscopes, which only goes to prove what a load of horse shit horoscopes are.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Welcome to the fold, ystävä
Talk too much.

Beer?

Baerdog

Baerdog

Even better, they said it won't affect your horoscopes, which only goes to prove what a load of horse shit horoscopes are.
I think that's because horoscopes are based off of the Tropical Zodiac which is what most of the Western world uses and is NOT changing. The Sidereal Zodiac is what's changing and is used mainly in Eastern countries. So really, your sign is only changing based on one zodiac.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Doesn't this only effect people who were born after 2009?

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'm just going off of what Yahoo News tells me.

rabbitgod

I took astronomy as my base science in college and we covered this in the first few lectures as part of the 'no this isn't astrology class.' I've known about this for more than 10 years, which is great since normally I'm waaaayyy behind the curve.

*obligatory Dave is old enough to not be affected by this joke*

Vagabond

Vagabond

Chinese zodiac is superior zodiac.

Gusto

Gusto

Eye o' the Tiger, bitches.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

One of the few times you can call me a Cock and get away with it. *wry grin*

linglingface

linglingface

Apparently the new sign is like Slytherin! :D :D

I sadly went from Capricorn to Sagittarius. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a Capricorn for life.
Also, I had to use spell check on Sagittarius.

Krisken

Krisken

One of the few times you can call me a Cock and get away with it. *wry grin*
LIES

Philosopher B.

Still Taurus, bitches! *bullhorn symbol with his hand*
Aw yeah, homie. Taurus fo' life.

< Found out today he's a Taurus.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Cancer the Crab, baby!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Man, I may start believing in astrology: even the stars know I'm a Virgo and have switched accordingly.

Wasabi Poptart

Metal Pig for life! Oh yeah.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Why the hell is this getting coverage now? It's not like they just switched over from zodiac-savings-time. I remember discussing this very thing years ago in a basic cosmology class.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I recently told the world via facebook that I had decided my sign would be, from now on, Geodude.

I'll take no changing crap from no astrologists ever again!

General Specific

General Specific

Was a cancer, now apparently a gemini.

I went to look up what my personality was to what it was changing to, but got a little sidetracked...

Cancer is a Cardinal water sign, ruled by the moon. As the fourth sign of the zodiac, the Cancer individual is a deeply emotional person inside, but is smooth and confident on the outside. Their first love is of home and family and they are nurturing and caring in the family setting, creating a cozy, comfortable, safe existence behind the doors of their own home. Famous and historical characters sharing this sign include Princess Diana (July 1), Nelson Mandela (July 18), and O.J. Simpson (July 9).
:confused: