Export thread

Hey White Bitch, you gonna keep stealing from minorities?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The saddest part? I went to lunch and my idiot waitress had these in her hair. I mean really? You want to be Native American now? For fuck's sake....

Mathias

Mathias

I'm pretty sure this caught on due to a combination of Jack Sparrow and Steven Tyler sporting weird shit in their hair.

Denbrought

Denbrought

How is this racist? It's just another fashion fad, as far as I can see.

Hahaha, check @ 1:16, "L'ectric purple."

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I see it like I saw white chicks with dreads/beads: Complete lack of self-identity and originality. Next thing you know, white wimmens gonna be sporting Red dots on their forehead as a "fashion fad".

I'll edit the title a bit though.

Krisken

Krisken

Didn't i see this in the 80's with big hair?

@Li3n

@Li3n

I see it like I saw white chicks with dreads/beads: Complete lack of self-identity and originality. Next thing you know, white wimmens gonna be sporting Red dots on their forehead as a "fashion fad".
Well pompadours take way too much time...

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've seen a lot of women/girls coming through lately with the thin-feather-next-to-a-color-streak style, I figured someone famous must've made it popular or it was a style from some popular TV show. It can't be from a book, there's too many people all starting this up at the same time for it to be from a book.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I didn't know hairstyles were race-exclusive.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

They're not, but what's going on is obvious enough.

General Specific

General Specific

Next thing you know, white wimmens gonna be sporting Red dots on their forehead as a "fashion fad".
You seem to be forgetting about Gwen Stefani back in the 90's with No Doubt...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Gwen ain't white. She's transcendent!

@Li3n

@Li3n

You seem to be forgetting about Gwen Stefani back in the 90's with No Doubt...

Methinks you missed the point of the video...

General Specific

General Specific

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Shego, you seem to have a lot of built up sexual frustration. Would you like me to "massage" that out for you?

@Li3n

@Li3n

Edit: ok, I found out it is called a Bindi and searching on that found a lot more images...
I knew you could do it...

General Specific

General Specific

I knew you could do it...
Thanks for believing in me! :D

makare

I don't really see the feathers in hair as a strictly native american thing, definitely not pink or purple ones, especially since I don't think it is very common for modern natives anyway.
When I was a kid we would lace colored strings into our hair and hang feathers and beads from it, so it isn't a new thing either.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I don't really see the feathers in hair as a strictly native american thing, definitely not pink or purple ones, especially since I don't think it is very common for modern natives anyway.
When I was a kid we would lace colored strings into our hair and hang feathers and beads from it, so it isn't a new thing either.
But wasn't it just soooo hard to figure out? Days spent throwing your hands up in frustration, cursing deities you had to make up after running out of gods to curse... But now you can just SNAP-ON and SNAP-OFF the feathers!

makare

I know! And it's so convenient now that I have more time to be an idiot who doesn't know how to strain noodles. If ONLY there were a pan with a strainer in the lid!

Gusto

Gusto

There's Got To Be A Better Way!

General Specific

General Specific

David

David

I see it like I saw white chicks with dreads/beads: Complete lack of self-identity and originality.
Is it original or self-identifying if a non-white girl does it?

Shannow

Shannow

Wait, isnt the OP white?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Nope, Hispanic.

Vagabond

Vagabond

Is it stealing if no one wants it?

Krisken

Krisken

Vago, I don't know where you found that, but you should put it back. That's the kind of bad that causes pain.

strawman

strawman

The native americans were hardly the first homo sapiens to decorate their bodies with the body parts of other animals.

But your righteous indignation is noted.

makare

I guess Cyndi Lauper wore a lot of feathers, and other things, in her hair back in the 70s/80s

@Li3n

@Li3n

Nope, Hispanic.
Heh, americans...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Nope, Hispanic.
That pretty much means white. But the Nixon did not want to count you that way...

@Li3n

@Li3n

Well to be fair, if she's of South American descent she could have native americans in the family tree, but using Hispanic as a descriptor of that is so weird...

Denbrought

Denbrought

IIRC, native American is used to refer to North-Am descent and culture, while hispanic denotes South/Central-Am descent, probably mixed with a shot of spaniard, and with the characteristic culture. But don't call me on it, I'm no anthropologist, just another Stephen Colbert fan.
"When I say I don't see race, I mean I don't see Black people. But I can spot a Mexican at a hundred paces."

@Li3n

@Li3n

Wiki to the rescue:

In the United States, the term is in official use in the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino, defined as "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race."[5][6]

But i'd at least expect someone that describes themselves as Hispanic to have some spanish ancestry... at the very least one drop.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That pretty much means white. But the Nixon did not want to count you that way...
Yeah not even close. My entire biological family is Mexican, I was one of the first born here in the US.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Yeah not even close. My entire biological family is Mexican, I was one of the first born here in the US.
Enjoy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_mexican

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm not light skinned either, neither is my family line of Spaniard descent. So, wrong again ;)

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I'm not light skinned either, neither is my family line of Spaniard descent. So, wrong again ;)
So you're Spanish not hispanic

PatrThom

PatrThom

Where exactly is the dividing line between Hispanic/Latino, then? I used to live in (E)Spain, but "Mexican" there was used the same way British people say "Silly American."

--Patrick

@Li3n

@Li3n

Doesn't really count against the fact that not all "hispanics" are non-white... (although tehnically not being of spanish or portugese descent would mean you cannot be hispanic)...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

If there's no spaniard ancestry, wouldn't that prohibit her from being "spanish?" This is getting confusing, let's just call her a telemundo chick (chica?)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Doesn't really count against the fact that not all "hispanics" are non-white... (although tehnically not being of spanish or portugese descent would mean you cannot be hispanic)...
Didn't say it did. I said I'm not.

If there's no spaniard ancestry, wouldn't that prohibit her from being "spanish?" This is getting confusing, let's just call her a telemundo chick (chica?)
Or Hispanic without assuming "white". Like I first said.

Vagabond

Vagabond

The census counts me as other.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Didn't say it did. I said I'm not.
You also said this:

Nope, Hispanic.
As if that makes you non-white by default...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You also said this:

As if that makes you non-white by default...
To be fair, I associate hispanic with being brown, even though there are white skinned hispanics

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'll stick with "Shego". That's the name that matters.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'll stick with "Shego". That's the name that matters.
I need labels, dammit. Like you, in my mind, are "the guy with the hat."

Don't feel bad about this, it's a cool hat.

@Li3n

@Li3n

To be fair, I associate hispanic with being brown, even though there are white skinned hispanics
I associate it with Spain... i'm weird like that...(also, we speak a romance language here, so i'm technically more latino then she is).

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I associate it with Spain... i'm weird like that...(also, we speak a romance language here, so i'm technically more latino then she is).
I associate spanish with spain, and hispanic with hispanola.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I associate spanish with spain, and hispanic with hispanola/hispania.
Which is the Iberian Peninsula... which is 90% Spain...

Shannow

Shannow

Christ, how I love this forum.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Which is the Iberian Peninsula... which is 90% Spain...
I meant hispaniola, I edited it right afterward, you're just too damn fast.*

*yes, I realize this isn't the correct area either, but fuck it, close enough.

Mathias

Mathias

Hispanic (in America) =from latin America; Spanish = from Spain. You're not Latino unless you're from central America. It's similar to Soccer = Football...

@Li3n

@Li3n

Hispanic (in America) =from latin America; Spanish = from Spain. You're not Latino unless you're from central America. It's similar to Soccer = Football...
Yeah i know...y'all iz wrong.

But i wouldn't bet on latino being only central america, seeing how we used to get spanish versions of Jennifer Lopez songs over here a few years back...

Shannow

Shannow

Also, no one but white women should dye their hair blond or red. Just sayin'

@Li3n

@Li3n

And no one but egyptians should wear mascara...

makare

I know some red headed Native Americans. I am sure they aren't full blooded but that just gets really confusing.

Shannow

Shannow

And no one but egyptians should wear mascara...
Exactly!

@Li3n

@Li3n

I know some red headed Native Americans.
Ah, but did you check the carpet, or just the drapes?

makare

Since these were mostly 11-13 year old kids I saw the drapes.. from a distance.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Since these were mostly 11-13 year old kids I saw the drapes.. from a distance.

makare's a creepy kiddy stalker?

makare

nah they were nice kids

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

They were very mature for their age.

makare

They had to be after dealing with that having no souls thing

@Li3n

@Li3n

makare's a creepy kiddy stalker?
If he/she was i'd expect more knowledge...

makare

strawman

strawman

It isn't as bad as when you went by makere1 - I was always thinking, "Why name yourself after a fish?" even after I figured out it was the number 1, rather than the letter l.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Don't worry, i just have a short attention span...

Disconnected

hey non-white bitch, when are you going to stop dressing like white bitches and return to the apparel/style of dress of your native land? you can help end the insanity of tube tops, the GAP, affliction shirts and I heart whateverthefuck shirts.
I decree feathers belong to native indians
I decree dreadlocks belong to africans
I decree rainbows belong to homosexuals.
I decree bitches belong to me.

strawman

strawman

I decree bitches belong to me.
Here's your first batch. All female, as requested:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

figmentPez

figmentPez

Users Found This by Searching For 2011_07_27.PNG

:rofl:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The hilarity of where this thread went is fantastic.

Disconnected

Here's your first batch. All female, as requested:

too many teeth. imma have to smack em out.

@Li3n

@Li3n

The hilarity of where this thread went is fantastic.
We missed you too you non-white bitch... (btw, is it no white ancestry whatsoever or just not spanish?)

Shannow

Shannow

too many teeth. imma have to smack em out.
That is exactly what you are supposed to do with an uppity bitch.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

From what I could tell, anyone related directly from my bloodline were either Mexican born or previously Aztec/Mayan though honestly I've never done an ancestry search. As far as I'm concerned, they could all be shot in the streets from the drug wars for all I'd know/care.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Well in those pictures you posted a while back you never struck me as non-white, but i don't have any experience with native americans, and obviously we don't see everyone's race by one drop rules (not to say we're not racist, just look at how one of our gipsy villages looks like in the Borat film, and no one cares).

Fun Size

Fun Size

I'm a mostly-white dude, so everyone's still cool with me getting corn rows, right?

makare

If Bo Derek can pull it off...

Tress

Tress

If Bo Derek can pull it off...
No one cared about Bo Derek's hair in that shot.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I'm not white. I'm pale pink.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Do you wear blue jeans and aren't from France (or Italy)?

GETCHAOWNCULTAH!

Tress

Tress

Do you wear blue jeans and aren't from France?

GETCHAOWNCULTAH!
Unless they have rivets, which makes them strictly 'Merican.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Considering that denim is actually French...

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

Shannow

Shannow

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Well only the military can use Velcro as it was original designed for navy seals

Biannoshufu

General Specific always brings the best Gifs.

General Specific

General Specific

General Specific always brings the best Gifs.