House hunting part duex

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last November me and the wife were house hunting and right after we put int he bid for the house (and it was accepted) the bank doing our loan told us we didn't qualify (after a pre-approval letter). yesterday I put in an application with BoA for a house loan and they pre-approved us (and my credit score is 27 points higher) so we're looking again going tomorrow to look at houses. I'm going to link some here and you guys tell me what you think. Our budget is to try and stay as cheap as possible and the $90+ are pushing the edges of what we can feasibly do. so guys take a look and give me opinions. These are what we are looking at tomorrow.

519 Gardenia, Lake Jackson, TX, 77566 - MLS #45555 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®
518 Magnolia, Lake Jackson, TX, 77566 - MLS #46160 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®
504 Azalea, Lake Jackson, TX, 77566 - MLS #46598 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®
103 Highland, Clute, TX, 77531 - MLS #50972749 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®
107 Huisache, Lake Jackson, TX, 77566 - MLS #62838140 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®
435 Center Way, Lake Jackson, TX, 77566 - MLS #45815 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

W

Wyrminarrd

Based on the photos I'd say that house number 3 looks best but photos can often be deceiving.

What things are most important to you when you look at a house? Is it the number and size of the bedrooms, the size of the yard, overall size of the house, the kitchen?

W

Wyrminarrd

Number three seems to have a more closed off yard than some of the others which is always nice, I personally hate having the neighbors always in plain view.

W

Wasabi Poptart

#3 - does look nice, but was built in 1950. Could mean there are many repairs in store for you in the future.

#4 - has the most sq.ft. of the houses and built most recently, but no pictures turns me off.

#5 - same as #3 except I think it looks better kept. This is the one I would want to look at.

Dave

Staff member
Check closet space, water pressure, cracks in the walls (usually by doors or windows) and the ceiling for discoloration. Ceiling discoloration usually means water damage.

What does the neighborhood look like? Lots of kids? Old people?

My wife and I got totally hosed on our house because we didn't know what to look for or ask. Now we're stuck. Make damned sure you get an inspector.

Me and the wife like the one on Huisache and the agent we're going through turned us on to a different finance company that has down payment assistance and all that fun stuff. she also said it's been on the market for a long time and to offer about 89k on it if we decide to make an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.