[TV] House of Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first Netflix original series (not just a co-production like Lilyhammer) House of Cards was released in its 13 episode/chapter entirety.

The Covar summary: Kevin Spacey plays a manipulative SC Congressman. Politics of politics, but not a political show.

I watched the first 3 episodes so far and it's really good and well made. If Netflix picks more shows like this and the hopefully excellent season 4 of Arrested Development I'm going to be a very happy subscriber (and I was already a huge fan of the service).

Spacey.

And yeah, I've been trying to avoid this discussion somewhat since I don't want to get spoiled. I got caught up in Superbowl partying this weekend and I want to start knocking out a couple episodes a night to catch up/finish it.

The first Netflix original series (not just a co-production like Lilyhammer) House of Cards was released in its 13 episode/chapter entirety.

The Covar summary: Kevin Bacon plays a manipulative SC Congressman. Politics of politics, but not a political show.

I watched the first 3 episodes so far and it's really good and well made. If Netflix picks more shows like this and the hopefully excellent season 4 of Arrested Development I'm going to be a very happy subscriber (and I was already a huge fan of the service).
oops. you're right. I got my Kevin TV shows mixed up it seems.

We are wrapping up season 4 of Damages on Netflix then this is next. Very excited. Plus I like the new graphics for the show in their streaming service. Nice tweaks.

ElJuski

Staff member
It's all right. Only on episode 3. Really bored with the side stories, but it is neat to see local places!

We watched the first two episodes last night. Really liked it. Spacey is just fantastic to watch and it felt quite a bit like the Social Network, which, as everyone knows, is a perfect film.

ElJuski

Staff member
Really heavy-handed. Spacey talks like a Confederate plantation owner. But it def feels deftly manages, and I am excited to see where it goes, so long as all that Non-Profit and Other Senator jazz goes somewhere!

Also, RE: ep 3, lol peach

We are almost done with it and I'm very happy. It's very... theatrical. It almost feels more like watching live theater than tv sometimes. I wouldn't argue that it isn't heavy handed but I feel like they use that heavy hand quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.