Export thread

How Attractive Do You Really Think You Are? Would you.....

Jiarn

Date someone who looked exactly like you?
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/03/08/want-to-date-your-doppelganger-theres-a-site-for-that/?hpt=T2

I have some SERIOUS doubts about their "collected data" that people gravitate toward similar to themselves looking mates. SERIOUS doubts.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

I tend to be especially attracted to mostly opposites, looks wise anyway. So I'd wager this to be wrong.

phil

phil

I wouldn't date myself. Not because of my looks but I know I'm emotionally distant and horrible in bed.

Jiarn

I wouldn't date myself. Not because of my looks but I know I'm emotionally distant and horrible in bed.
Well, the article only touches on physical looks, not so much the rest....

Morphine

Morphine

I would date me and sex me up and then leave me for someone hotter and not so screwed up.

Dave

Dave

I'd be turned off by my bad teeth.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'd make a pretty horrible woman, so probably not.

As a man, though, I'm super sexeh!*

*not really

Covar

Covar

I wouldn't date myself, I'm straight.

Jiarn

Sorry, rephrased the first post.

Dave

Dave

I already know what I'd look like as a woman.

female lister.jpg

phil

phil

I'd say that this is another reason I wouldn't, but a more accurate description would be that I don't have enough money to make it worth it.

Hylian

Hylian

I hate the way I look so why would I want to date someone who looks like me?

Null

Null

I look like a cross between Kevin Smith and George Lucas. I don't want to date that. Hypothetically I'd want to date a woman who looked like Lexa Doig, but that ain't happening even as far as wishing goes.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Our brown bag discussion group was just talking about mate selection today. It turns out that compatibility is often influenced by smell. The research seems to show that people with complimentary immune systems are more likely to be sexually attracted to each other (NOT similar immune system profiles!) While people do end up with people who might share some traits, I doubt if it is the driving force behind how people choose their partners.

Gusto

Gusto

Celebrity look-alike things online have pegged me as equally similar to John Turturro and Carmen Electra.

Chibibar

Would I date an opposite of me? (i.e. female version of me?) ummm probably not at this life. I'm overweight, now maybe 10 years ago..... maybe.
But what makes my wife and I almost "perfect match" is we do have our similarity and differences to balance out :) life is not fun when everything is the same (i.e. a girl or guy version of you depending on your type)

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'd fuck my female doppelganger, sure. They don't call me the handsome guy for nothing.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I am happily married to the female version of myself.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Ugh, no. I have a really low... self-image, I guess. Other people have said I am attractive, and I am hard on myself in most areas, so it's reasonable to assume I'm overly harsh about my looks. Perhaps I do seek out similar-looking individuals without realizing it? :eek:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Weird. I think I do all right, but I would never make a point to seek out someone who looks just like me. Maybe I'm just scared that their image would fade into a ripple every time we tried to kiss.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I am happily married to the female version of myself.
Cheesy, yet classy. Approved.

Kovac

Kovac

Ugh, no. I have a really low... self-image, I guess. Other people have said I am attractive
That is pretty much my response.

Only no one has ever told me that i'm attractive and I doubt that they ever will.

Gusto

Gusto

A girl who looks like me would be too tall for my tastes, and also have a big nose. :I

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

....no one else caught the idea of some Morphine-on-Morphine action?

What if I told y'alls I would totally jump at some of that Bumble-on-Bumb's stuff?

Vagabond

Vagabond

Society tells me I already go after women who act like my mother.

Dating one that looks like her?

maybe

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'd totally be down for some morphine on morphine on bumble on bumble action! Mreow!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'd totally be down for some morphine on morphine on bumble on bumble action! Mreow!

makare

I'd watch that.

Tress

Tress

I don't know why you guys are treating this as hypothetical. I have sex with myself all the time.

Gusto

Gusto

I don't know why you guys are treating this as hypothetical. I have sex with myself all the time.

Tress

Tress

Steve

Steve

Well, I have a sister who bears a striking resemblence to me and, no, I would not want to date her.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Well, I have a sister who bears a striking resemblence to me and, no, I would not want to date her.
So, does that mean we're free to hit that?

We'll be thinking of you.

Tress

Tress

So, you don't want to date your sister. What a shock. :p

Null

Null

Westermarck was right!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, they say I look a lot like my mom, and when she was young, she was very pretty... So the answer is maybe?

Null

Null

Jocasta didn't age well, eh?

David

David

Every day, I look in the mirror and think to myself "yeah, I'd tap that."

Also, my ex looked enough like me that the first thing people had asked when meeting us was whether we were brother and sister.

fade

fade

This thread is awesome.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

149691_474016695955_723740955_5518420_6838724_n.jpg
41222_436726675955_723740955_4915042_3760272_n.jpg

Prom king and queen.

Jiarn

/thread

Morphine

Morphine

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

¡Guapos!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I would hit it so hard that whomsoever pulled me out would be crowned King of England

Philosopher B.

I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
Added at: 00:41
I'm not much of a man by the light of day! But by night ...

yeah, no.

bhamv3

bhamv3

People have said my girlfriend and I look sort of alike, though I personally don't see it. For one thing, she's slender and I'm totally not.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

When I make love, I say my own name

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

And I use my own hands.

Wasabi Poptart

I wouldn't want to date a guy who looks like me. His boobs would be too big for my tastes.

Disconnected

I would hit it so hard that whomsoever pulled me out would be crowned King of England
that's deep. entendres implied.

Wasabi Poptart

dang...that leaves me out.

*pout*
You don't look like me anyway. I've trimmed my facial hair differently. :D

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I think we need tin and wasabi to face off in a wet t-shirt contest.

Null

Null

You don't look like me anyway. I've trimmed my facial hair differently. :D
That wasn't your face.