[TV] How I Met Your Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know. For some, this show isn't exactly the bees knees, but for me? I love it. I'm a helpless romantic that emphasizes a little too much with Ted's plight for love.

And here's my reaction the end of the second episode in tonight's premiere:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

*ahem*

Yes, well. That is to say...I am quite please.

I love this show. I find it amusing that Ted is my least favorite character on the show. Not Bob Saget Ted, Josh Radnor Ted.

I'm with ya on that, Covar.

The wife and I just started watching the show and are on Season 3. Still enjoying it so far.

Season the current:

I am the only one in my circle of friends rooting for Barney and Robin, everyone else likes Nora. :mad:

Season the current:
I am the only one in my circle of friends rooting for Barney and Robin, everyone else likes Nora. :mad:
I'm guessing that's because Barney & Robin has been done before, and ended pretty unsatisfying. Given how they broke up, how credible is it that they would get back together again? It'll also give the writers the opportunity to repeat a lot of old jokes, whereas with Nora there will be new stuff happening.

On the other hand, there are some strong signs that it'll be Robin in the end. When Lilly says the bride is asking for Ted, it's more plausible that it's Robin (seeing as they are close friends) than Nora (pretty much strangers). Even more to the point, in episode 3 (close your eyes now if you're not there yet) Victoria says at the end that the 'just friends' thing between the three wouldn't work and Future Ted confirms it. Seeing as Future Ted and his family are still in contact with 'Aunt Robin' and 'Uncle Barney', those two will have to end up together to make sense.

I think the whole "narrating from the future" thing is overdone anyway. It was cool in the beginning, but now it seems they give away too much and force lame jokes out of it..

Season the current:

I'm rooting for Nora because Robin is way too obvious... but it's obvious that it's Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.