Export thread

How to back up your itunes purchase

Alucard

Okay as you well know my laptop was recently restored and I have all my previous music on an external hard drive.

How do I back up my recently purchased audiobooks and music so this fiasco won't occur again?

I'm a huge audiobook listener so I hope I get some help please ^_^

wana10

when you purchase them and download them strip the drm and save the drm-stripped file as a backup. sure it's technically illegal(in the u.s.a., not sure about other countries) but it makes restoring your library much more easy.

edit* not sure of the current way of stripping itunes drm, but the old way of burning to a cd and then re-ripping the cd should still work as a last resort. a quick google should help tell you if there is an easier software method.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

iTunes no longer uses DRM, so the DRM would only be on old files.

You can use the backup wizard in iTunes to backup to CD, DVD, or external media. It's pretty simple. I myself just copy and paste my itunes onto another HDD once every month or so and do DVD backup every 6-8 months.

Espy

Espy

Yeah, you can just grab your itunes library and copy it onto your external or use whatever software you normally use to back up stuff.
You can back up to CD/DVD through the "FILE -> LIBRARY -> BACK UP TO DISC" thingie.

Alucard

thnks guys i'm new to itunes so i just didnt know how to do it properly