Export thread

I found a kitteh (UPDATE-PICS!)

Terrik

Terrik

I came down into the courtyard of my apartment complex yesterday and saw a little kitten just sitting there, mewing. It was dirty, covered with a bit of paint, had gum stuck in its fur and Its front right leg was bent in quite the unnatural way too. I felt really bad for it so I took it up to my apartment and washed it, fed it, and gave it a place to sleep. It limped around as it walked so I decided today to take it to the vet and have a look. After an x-ray it turns out that its bone was snapped completely and the doc said it looks like someone stepped on its leg to have broken the way it did. The doctor said the bone could be healed but it would be major surgery and cost a bit. I decided to drop down the money for the poor kitten and it should be in surgery now. After work I'll go see if the operation went well. The doctor said if the operation was successful the cut would take a week to heal and the bone about a month.
I'll post pictures later after I get the kitten back.

Poor kitty :(

UPDATE!: It seems that the surgery went well! I'll have to take her back every day for 3 days to change her bandages and get some medicine for her. Here's some pics of the kitten :)

This is her when I brought her up yesterday after washing her. You can see her leg is a little..uh..wonky...but she's very cute

My other cat seemed none too happy though

This is the kitten about 30 minutes ago. We just got home. He has a cone on because she kept taking off her bandage and messing with her stitches so this prevents her from getting at them. She hates the cone. Poor kitty :(

Finally asleep :)

I hope she gets better soon. She is still in some pain I think.

Also Calleja , thanks for the gesture but its ok. I don't mind spending money to help this little kitty. She deserves a chance to live too :). The doctor thinks she's a month or less old.

makare

I found a kitteh

Oh that poor kitteh :(

That is really nice of you to pay for that a lot of people wouldn't.

Wasabi Poptart

I found a kitteh

Poor baby! I hope the surgery goes well.

Calleja

Calleja

I found a kitteh

Aw, that's awesome of you, dude. If you had to pay a lot maybe you could set up a paypal donation thing and we could chip in a bit?

Hylian

Hylian

I found a kitteh

poor kitty :(

But still that is pretty awesome what you did for it though :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

I found a kitteh

Good on you for rescuing that kitty, Terrik. So...when are we gonna get pics?

Edit: Really, it took five replies before someone asked for kitty pics? You guys are slipping.

General Specific

General Specific

I found a kitteh

If it's a boy kitteh, name him Jayne

If it's a girl Kitteh, name her Kaylee

:D

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I found a kitteh

You can has kitteh! About how old do you think it is?

figmentPez

figmentPez

I found a kitteh

Edit: Really, it took five replies before someone asked for kitty pics? You guys are slipping.
You mean the kitty pics that were promised in the original post? The ones that can't be taken yet because the widdle kittle is in surgery?

Baerdog

Baerdog

I found a kitteh

Oh man I completely overlooked that part. Baerfail. :frusty:

Krisken

Krisken

I found a kitteh

Terrik, you rock! Truly warms my heart to hear this. I can't wait for the kitty pictures :)

Shawn

Shawn

I found a kitteh

That was very awesome of you, man.

Terrik

Terrik

Updated!

Philosopher B.

OMG. That is the cutest kitteh. Love the third and last two pics. Yay for helping out kittehs!

Also, can't think of one now, but this screams out for a caption.

Math242

Math242

dude, you rock

Wasabi Poptart

Do you think your cat will have trouble getting used to the kitten?

Dave

Dave

Do you think your cat will have trouble getting used to the kitten?
Nope. Cats who won't adjust would either be attacking or not be in the same picture as they'd be hiding in a snit. This cat just looks curious and will adjust easily.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Awwww, Terrik... If I ever get a chance to meet you in person, I owe you a beer.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The doctor thinks she's a month or less old.
That means it's unweened, that cat will never leave your side ever again.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Man, you rock, and that kitty is adorable. Same as NR, IOU a beer :D

Hylian

Hylian

Such a cute kitty :love:

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

"U took my spot. U need to sleepz with one eye open nao."

General Specific

General Specific

"Identify the person that injured you, young one, and my spy network shall administer terrible vengeance."

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dude, Terrik, you are the man! To heck with a beer: I shall purchase you a bottle of your most favored of harder adult libations, should we meet in person. Awesome.

It's stuff like this that re-affirms my faith in humanity.

Krisken

Krisken

Absolutely adorable terrik. I'm sure the two cats will at least tolerate each other if not become fast friends. It usually takes a week or so for cats to really get used to new cats.

Baerdog

Baerdog

That's a really cute kitty, Terrik. Here's hoping its recovery goes smoothly.

Vagabond

V.Bond

This story put a big ol goofy smile on my face.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

More pics! :biggrin:

Terrik

Terrik

I hope I can take you guys up on those drink offers one day :D

The kitten seems to be doing better. I found out that I need to bring her back every day until sunday for shots to protect against infection from the surgery. 7-10 days later I take her back again to see if the stitches can come out. After that, I need to massage her leg for 1-2/hours a day (perhaps for a month)to help rejuvenate he muscles which were severely damaged because the bone had been broken for quite some time. I'm feeding her cat food that's been soaked in water to make it very soft and she's starting to try and use her leg a little bit again. Thankfully the cone could come off because she stopped trying to take her bandages off :)

Also, I didnt name her, so any more suggestions would be great ;)

Here's a couple pics of her. She's a curious little kitten.

Krisken

Krisken

"I am in Halfurumz, tiping yore responsez"

She is so cute. I still think you should call her Legs :D

Wasabi Poptart

D'awwwwwwww! Lookit the cute widdle kitteh! I wants to kiss it!

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

"I am in Halfurumz, givin u moar rep"
FTFY

phil

phil

name it Obi Wan 'cause if you strike it down, it'll become more powerful than you can ever imagine. (assuming adorableness is power)

Matt²

I hope I can take you guys up on those drink offers one day :D

The kitten seems to be doing better. I found out that I need to bring her back every day until sunday for shots to protect against infection from the surgery. 7-10 days later I take her back again to see if the stitches can come out. After that, I need to massage her leg for 1-2/hours a day (perhaps for a month)to help rejuvenate he muscles which were severely damaged because the bone had been broken for quite some time. I'm feeding her cat food that's been soaked in water to make it very soft and she's starting to try and use her leg a little bit again. Thankfully the cone could come off because she stopped trying to take her bandages off :)

Also, I didnt name her, so any more suggestions would be great ;)

Here's a couple pics of her. She's a curious little kitten.

The pics and the names for them say it all: "Halfara" or "Halfy" :D

Joy to the kitteh! I am soooooo happy that you loved her enough to show her such kindness and go through all that trouble and money spent. Many blessings upon you!

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Does I getz a cookie nao?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Li'l Sister Kitteh "I can make it on my own."

Krisken

Krisken

D'awwwwwwww! Lookit the cute widdle kitteh! I wants to kiss it!

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

"I am in Halfurumz, givin u moar rep"
FTFY
I have to get my little guy to work the internet. This little kitty is quickly becoming my favorite.

::hopes his cat doesn't suffocate him in his sleep::

Hylian

Hylian

such a cute kitty :wub:

General Specific

General Specific

Names:
Kaylee
Ragamuffin
Pegleg Petunia
Gizmo
Shiva
Selina
Leela

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's official... we have a mascot for Halforums. We need this to be the image that pops up when somebody puts in a bad URL, with the line "Oh hai. Yous put in bad URL." or something.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Seconded!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

As for names... Halfara and Obi-Wan sound cool :)

Or how about Durry or Durra? You know, from Durr face?

FnordBear

FnordBear

As for name suggestions:

Gimpy
Bork
Hal-E
Lady Fluffington of Brokeshire

Hylian

Hylian

Here are a few name suggestions

Zelda
Kaylee
Dax

LordRavage

Tripod.

Dave

Dave

Tippy.

Matt²

Katey
Peg
Leela
Peggy.

General Specific

General Specific

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV

Calleja

Calleja

Durr Face!! Call the kitteh Durr face!! Maybe even Durrface.

Gusto

Gusto

Hal, or Haley, depending on gender.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Pickles, or perhaps Pickles von Fluffbottom ;)

General Specific

General Specific

Tabitha Von Fincklebottom

Denbrought

Denbrought

Kitteh.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

If it was a boy you could call him Chairman Mao. Mao? Get it? Hahahaha... erk.

Terrik

Terrik

I like Kaylee, Haley (or Hal-E, depending on how you say it) and leela. I need to decide >_<

Also Ironbrig, my other cat is already "mao mao" so thats a no go :p

Also, I took the kitten to school yesterday after the vet so..pics! :D

LittleSin

LittleSin

Brain..cells.....go...bye bye....

SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Denbrought

Denbrought

OH

MY

GAWD

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LittleSin

LittleSin

I know, right?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

"Mai pawz iz gude nao?"

Again, I join everyone else in saying "D'AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!"

Hylian

Hylian

Awwwwww such a cute wittle kitty!

Candle Jack

Haley kitty... dawwwwwww.. so cute! How long till her leg heals?

Cajungal

Cajungal

A KITTY!!!!!! :wub:

General Specific

General Specific

Philosopher B.

OH

MY

GAWD

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[/QUOTE]

That is one of the best things I have ever seen.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Awwww she's so cute I just wanna hug her close and pet her and tickle her nose and tickle her belly and make cute little meow sounds at her awwwwww!!

Also, she's clearly a Haley :)

drifter

drifter

Take it easy there Lennie, the kitty already has a broken foot :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Carl?

drifter

drifter

Jesus?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Ilean

I was going DAWWWW looking at the Vet Techs...

OOPs they are students.

Fun Size

Fun Size

The expression on that kitten's face is excellent. You have done a good thing here. You will most likely be rewarded with your favorite things clawed into oblivion, but such is the life of a cat owner.

Matt²

"Mai pawz iz gude nao?"

Again, I join everyone else in saying "D'AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!"[/QUOTE]

I like this one a little better (and yes I photoshopped it)

Attachments

D

Dubyamn

What an adorable little kitty. Glad she's doing okay.

Rescue kitties are the most loving little things mine insists on laying on me no matter what I'm doing and can be held for hours without trying to get down.

Terrik

Terrik

Haley kitty... dawwwwwww.. so cute! How long till her leg heals?
Maybe by next month it may be healed. On Monday she finally gets he stitches out:

BTW Matt, I like the pic and I think Im going with the name Haley after all :)

Hylian

Hylian

so peaceful and cute looking

Denbrought

Denbrought

The adorableness is almost too much. You should submit some of her pics to cuteoverload <3

Krisken

Krisken

She really looks happy Terrik. I'm glad to see this wonderful creature you saved.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hi. Brought this back to bring more AWWWWs to the people.

How's li'l Haley doing, Terrik? :)

KCWM

KCWM

Dude, that is one awesome kitten and is so completely kind and generous for you to do. I might be late to the party but I wish you a lifetime of cherished memories with this cat.

Dave

Dave

I wish you a lifetime of cherished memories with this cat.
That's mean! You only want him to live another 20 years or so? Man...

MaryMarvel

You did a grrrreat thing! She's adorable, and very lucky to be with you :)

KCWM

KCWM

I wish you a lifetime of cherished memories with this cat.
That's mean! You only want him to live another 20 years or so? Man...[/QUOTE]

I chuckled at this. Thanks, Dave. :D

Element 117

Null

Null

That's weapons-grade cute right there.

Matt²

I really needs me a kitteh. :(

love the pics, hope Haley is doing ok!

Matt²

yay someone got me a kitteh!

MaryMarvel

Really? Pictures!!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Really? Pictures!!
It looks sort of like the kitty in your gift box... *grins*

Matt²

Really? Pictures!!
It looks sort of like the kitty in your gift box... *grins*[/QUOTE]

yeah, I just meant the cartoon kitty. Landlords at home won't let me have one. :(

MaryMarvel

yeah, I just meant the cartoon kitty. Landlords at home won't let me have one. :(
You should get one and hide it!

We almost did that with a little black kitty my husband found at his gas station, but our landlords would have found out eventually and then we'd have to pay $200 to keep it.

Matt²

We almost did that with a little black kitty my husband found at his gas station, but our landlords would have found out eventually and then we'd have to pay $200 to keep it.[/QUOTE]

Did that once 10 years ago in an apartment I didn't care about, but I wouldn't be able to get away with it where I live now. ... at least now I know what kind of cat I should get next time I can, one that's more social.. my former kitty, who lives with my close friend now, is your typical scaredy cat. She loves him and hates me. =(((((

Terrik

Terrik

Haha...thanks Amy :)

I've been in Korea for the last several days so I didnt see this thread bumped up again. Haley is doing great. She's a bit bigger now. When I posed the pictures the first time, she could more or less sit in the palm of my hand. Her leg is nearly (or perhaps, already) healed. About a month ago, I took her back to the vet again and there was some concern that the metal pin that was used to hold her leg in place while it heals might have shifted and may burst through her skin in a grisly fashion but the doc thought it was likely there was no problem, and so far, there hasn't been any. Regardless, I'm taking her to the vet when I go back to China and make sure everything's still ok.

She has no problem running or jumping. Haley and the other, larger cat, Alberta, get along famously She once managed to run past my coffee table while chasing him, hit one of the table legs, sending the whole table crashing--speakers, laptop and day old pizza in all, while simultaneously severing my router power cable while I was in the middle of a heated SC2 online match and then had the audacity to come back and mew for some kitty snacks. So cute.

When I get back from Korea, I'll post a couple new pictures of her :)

Matt²

We almost did that with a little black kitty my husband found at his gas station, but our landlords would have found out eventually and then we'd have to pay $200 to keep it.[/QUOTE]

Did that once 10 years ago in an apartment I didn't care about, but I wouldn't be able to get away with it where I live now. ... at least now I know what kind of cat I should get next time I can, one that's more social.. my former kitty, who lives with my close friend now, is your typical scaredy cat. She loves him and hates me. =((((([/QUOTE]

YAY!!!!!!!! =)
I went to said friend's house tonight to play SSF4 and she was fairly nice mannered.. Managed to snap a picture, but will have to wait to morning to upload them to my work computer. Got her to purr on my chest. Good times!

Matt²

Finally remembered to upload it. Had to massively increase the light levels and it was a quick job, so that's why it's so pixelated.

MaryMarvel

awww, cat cuddles are cute.

Terrik

Terrik

I almost forgot to post the new pics I promised. I just snapped a few of her.

I took Haley to the vet last week and GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! The pin that held her bone together to heal is no longer threatening to burst through her skin alien-style. Little Haley grew up and it's sitting comfortably in her leg and will not need to be removed. Even better, her leg is completely healed. The vets were amazed at how fast she's grown. She'll be going again to the vet once again next week so I can give her a couple shots to ward off disease. Here's little Haley, in all her glory.

These two are best of friends now

Haley likes the camera :p

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

"HAI GUYZ!!!"

She's a very pretty kitty!

Rob King

Rob King

OMG. That is the cutest kitteh. Love the third and last two pics. Yay for helping out kittehs!

Republican kitteh thinks homeless kitteh should pull himself up by hiz bootstraps?

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Awwwww, the cutie's now a beauty :)

Math242

Math242

I killed one last night while driving home.

Little fucker ran straight under my wheels. i didn't even have time to TRY to avoid it.

I stopped and put it on the sidewalk so that the cat's owner (it had a collar and you could see it was well taken care of) would not find it utterly "destroyed" due to heavy traffic there.

It's only a cat but i feel like shit.

MaryMarvel

That's great news about Haley!! She's looking absolutely wonderful :)

Hylian

Hylian

Glad to hear that the kitty is doing better :)

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Republican kitteh thinks homeless kitteh should pull himself up by hiz bootstraps?[/QUOTE]

I like that one.

FnordBear

FnordBear

Cat-ioned.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm way, way, way late to the game on this, but...

*ahem*

KITTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :D:D:D:D

*straightens himself out* Ahem. Yes, well...that is to say...that is a handsome little feline.

Also, for the caption with the bigger cat:
"Dis not chezburger I ashked for!"