I need some help for the next 40 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some niggling things. These might simply be more my own personal preferences, but I thought I'd point them out anyway.

I'm interested in teaching electronics, arduino, microcontroller classes
No "and" before microcontroller.

PCB, schematic, design for manufacturing
Would schematic usually be plural?

Washtenaw county (Ann Arbor and Ypsi and surrounding areas)
I think serial commas would make it a little less clunky.

Youth often benefit from different teaching techniques. If you have youth that might be interested, have them fill the survey out as well.
"Youths" generally is used in plural; for the second sentence, if you want to keep it singular, toss an "a" in front, if you please.

Thanks for checking it out Dave!

Some niggling things. These might simply be more my own personal preferences, but I thought I'd point them out anyway.

I'm interested in teaching electronics, arduino, microcontroller classes
No "and" before microcontroller.

PCB, schematic, design for manufacturing
Would schematic usually be plural?

Washtenaw county (Ann Arbor and Ypsi and surrounding areas)
I think serial commas would make it a little less clunky.

Youth often benefit from different teaching techniques. If you have youth that might be interested, have them fill the survey out as well.
"Youths" generally is used in plural; for the second sentence, if you want to keep it singular, toss an "a" in front, if you please.
Thanks! I changed all of them in various ways. The commas are due to a limitation in google forms - I can have commas in there but it makes parsing the data later more difficult. I replaced the and's with dashes. The "youth" became "teenagers and children"

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Thanks all! I've released the survey. If you want to check it out and debug it for me, go ahead - I can make changes on the fly as well.

As I live in SE MI, my answers will probably be doubly interesting. :)

-"Electonics" needs an R (right up at the top of every page in big, bold letters, too).
p1
-"Arduino" should be capitalized (it's a trademark).
-"interested in" is awkward (ending in a preposition, and all that).
-The hyphen should really be replaced by a semicolon.
-The suggestion box is very small.
p3
-I feel "pointers to locations" works better, can't really explain why.
-Email box is kinda small.
-More "location" v. "place" stuff.
-"If you are thinking about this, too, then let's get together. Make sure you include [or entered] your email address above!"

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.