Ideal Christmas Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've passed up posting this thread for weeks. Every time I come across a nifty thing that would be fun to unwrap I think, "I should start a thread about christmas gifts!" then I decide not to because, I mean hey, is it really that awesome?

But this time, Fade pointed out an awesome gift, it's reasonably priced, and I think it fits our our community quite well, so here's the Christmas Gift thread - one gift idea per post, please.

Chet Phillips Illustration Union of Superlative Heroes

But then I'm a sucker for victorian/modern crossovers and steampunk, so...

Only $10, which is pretty reasonable as far as I'm concerned.

figmentPez

Staff member
For years I've been hoping someone would give me one of these:
USB Plasma Ball

I remember seeing larger versions of these when I was a kid, and thinking that I'd never be able to afford one (I don't remember the price for certain, but they were at least $50, and some of the larger ones were hundreds of dollars). Now this little USB powered one is only $10-$15. I've even gotten one for a friend as a birthday gift (and played with, to make sure it didn't break in shipping), but it's not something I'd normally get for myself. I keep saying "maybe..."

Ooooh, pretty lights...

To help my writing, I'd like to find a really good, comprehensive book on armadillos. All I've found are animal fact books that have maybe a page or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.