[Fixed] IE9/AzuCloud Conflict

Keep AzuCloud?

• Keep AzuCloud.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove AzuCloud. You never know who you'll lose.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Grue. (This means you don't care either way. Or you got eaten.)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, Gared discovered that the recent IE9 update made it so that he couldn't post. Turns out we have a conflict between one of our addons and IE9. The addon is called AzuCloud Longtail SEO and is the addon that tracks how people found each page. So when you see "Users found this page by searching for:", that's the AzuCloud addon hard at work.

But keeping it completely creates issues with IE9 users - which some may have to use at work. In fact, in the last month we've had 2600 visitors using IE9.

browser.png

So we have to decide how important this is to us. Please note that while it's 41.12% of our IE traffic, it's only 4.93% of our overall traffic and I've only had 1 person actually tell me that there was an issue - but of course that doesn't tell us how many people couldn't post and just walked away.

Starting a poll.

While it's nice to be able to find out that we're the internet's #1 source for Minotaur Penis, user accessibility is way more important than seeing how people used a search engine to find a page.

The world's most frequently buggy and often least compliant web browser. Also, since I work at Microsoft, the browser I'm doomed to use during work - which is when I do most of my perusing of and posting to the forums.

That doesn't appear to have done the trick, sadly. I'm still not able to post from IE. That said, in a few hours I won't be posting until next Tuesday, so please don't put in any more effort than you have to over the Christmas break on my account.

Dave

Staff member
It's not the fault of the addon that the latest update pooped out. And there's also some testing that suggests updating Xenforo helps this out as well. So when I update to the latest XF version we may be able to keep both.

Status
Not open for further replies.