Export thread

I'm back!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I doubt anyone remembers but I had some issues with a weird virus a while back that was causing all kinds of pop ups and stopping me from being able to login to several different websites.
Add to that the fact that my roommate recently bought Fallout 3, and you'll understand why I have been staying away from the internet.
Well, I beat Fallout 3 (though I haven't yet kicked my addiction to it), and AVG decided it would FINALLY find the virus I had. The infection was so bad it overflowed my virus vault, and I was ultimately left with no choice but to format.
And so now I'm back!

Shawn

Shawn

Did this virus give you unclosable pop-ups that usually looked like your computer running an "emergency virus check"? and then reporting you have hundreds of viruses and you need to purchase a antivirus right away?
I had something like that recently. Definitely an evil little thing.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Your soul... is MINE!

Andi

Drachenherz

Your soul... is MINE!
Now, if you edited that into "Shegokigo wins", that would be full of win and awesome.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Your soul... is MINE!
Dammit, Shego, do you think just once you could maybe leave a soul for someone else? I know you dig them and all, but some of us might occasionally like a soul too you know.

Shego, all bogarting the souls all the time. Man. Now you got me all agitated, and I was just coming in to say hi.

Oh yeah - welcome back.

JCM

Your soul... is MINE!
Dammit, Shego, do you think just once you could maybe leave a soul for someone else? I know you dig them and all, but some of us might occasionally like a soul too you know.

Shego, all bogarting the souls all the time. Man. Now you got me all agitated, and I was just coming in to say hi.

Oh yeah - welcome back.[/QUOTE]Souls are so 1990, and overrated anyway.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Did this virus give you unclosable pop-ups that usually looked like your computer running an "emergency virus check"? and then reporting you have hundreds of viruses and you need to purchase a antivirus right away?
I had something like that recently. Definitely an evil little thing.
No, these could be closed. But otherwise, yes. Most of them (not all, but probably over 90% of them) were for totally legit "antivirus scans".

It also messed with any search engine I dared use, so that youtube, imdb and wikipedia, for example, simply would not work, and clicking the links provided from a google search brought me instead to various questionable search engines. I had to copy and paste the url when using google instead.

AVG and Avast never turned up anything beyond a few cookies. But then one day all of a sudden AVG turned up with hundreds of trojans, all of which were located in the system32 folder. I made this face:eek: and nuked the site from orbit.

It was the only way to be sure.