I'm dyslexic today

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Alternate title: I'm Slydexic Dotay

But yeah, I've been making somewhat funny dyslexic readings today.

Earlier I kept reading "de-bone" and "be-done" and I was wondering, "What does Be-Done a fish mean?"

And then as I was posting a Quick Reply on here, I read, "Post Reply Quickly." I was like, transposing the "ly" or something.

Any entertaining dyslexi-isms from you guys?

It was worse for me as a child, when I read they lines on the page would cross. Also the meanings of the different letters and numbers would constantly flip. read 4 and say 7 etc...

My best friend is dyslexic, and he suffered a lot for it as a child. He still does, because of all the different problems dyslexia causes, but he has less trouble with reading now, after watching countless tv series with subtitles and some comics. He has been reading a copy of Watchmen I lent him for some months now, and he has even asked me to find a book for him to read. An actual book!

I'm pretty proud of him.

Dave

Staff member
There are different types of dyslexia, too. For example, I knew a girl in Fargo who had no sense of direction. Her brain could not handle things like that. If she got out of visual range of her house she was immediately lost and couldn't find her way back. Certain major and known things could clue her in (the neighbor's tree, a corner store, etc) but they could only tell her she was in the right area.

It was weird but how scary would it be to walk a couple of feet and be totally lost and unable to get home?

Status
Not open for further replies.