Export thread

I'm going Camping!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Yaaaaaaaay camping, it's gonna be super fun. We're bringing some awesome food to stew, it's right on a small river we could swim in MAYBE. The weather's supposed to be pretty good, and I'm going with like a dozen friends. I am not bringing many provisions other than booze and a pillow.

I'm gonna also bring a sack for all my stupid friends to put their iPhones in :mad:

I'll be back on Sunday, just like Jesus :)

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Will the earth tremble upon your return?

Camping is among my least favourite activities but I hope you have a good time!

Hylian

Hylian

I don't think I could stand being away from my technology and comforts if I was to go camping.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

This is actually my second time ever going camping. The first time was one of the worst nights of my life from a combination of heat exhaustion and drinking way too many beers. It was also a poor choice to go in Texas in the middle of summer! I threw up a lot and didn't actually sleep for one minute. I just laid around in bored pain the whole night. Ugh! Then I woke up with an obscene sunburn. This time will be a lot better since it's spring, and I am bringing sunscreen, it's in Spring, and I won't drink as much (this part is not true).

Chazwozel

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

there's gonna be girls there :wub:

oh god, this is how all my favorite Friday the 13th movies start out

Baerdog

Baerdog

Don't forget to knock out your shoes in the morning.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^THAT. Also, good for you putting away the technology for a while. That's one of the best parts of camping--getting away from it all.

Although make sure they're there for emergencies... like if, as you predict, someone tries to murder you. ..........be careful. Have fun soaking up the nature.

Chazwozel

there's gonna be girls there :wub:

oh god, this is how all my favorite Friday the 13th movies start out

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

what is knocking out your shoes, is that a euphemism for FUCKING

Dave

Dave

I don't know how many times I've camped. Marine Corps and then the Boy Scouts with my son.

Have fun! Good unwinding from your normal IRS grind this time of year, huh?

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Knocking out your shoes means that you don't just put them on & get bit/stung by whatever creatures took refuge in them during the night.

Cajungal

Cajungal

If by FUCKING you mean protecting yourself from spider and scorpion bites, then yes! Fucking! Awwwww yeah.

Chazwozel

phil

phil

ITS GONNA RAIN!

Where are you going 'round here?

Shakey

Shakey

Don't forget toilet paper, and if you do, just poop in the water. Then you won't have to worry about wiping with leaves. Just jump around in the water naked for a while.

Chazwozel

On Monday:

Charlie you want to post up some pictures of your camping adventure?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

ITS GONNA RAIN!

Somewhere between Austin and San Antonio vaguely out west a little bit. I honestly don't know where it is, I didn't drive last time and I think I'm following a caravan(TM) there.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

On Monday:

Charlie you want to post up some pictures of your camping adventure?

Hey I know that, I'm FROM Tennessee!

Chazwozel

ITS GONNA RAIN!

Somewhere between Austin and San Antonio vaguely out west a little bit. I honestly don't know where it is, I didn't drive last time and I think I'm following a caravan(TM) there.[/QUOTE]

"Dude, don't worry we know this awesome spot between Austin and San Antonio. I think it was a summer camp in the 50's. Apparently it's free dibs on anyone who wants to go. There's a really nice lake in the area."

phil

phil

Might be Wimberly. I know there's a campsite out there though I've never been. You'll probably pass right by me!

Which violates your restraining order. I'll notify the police.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

It's not a campsite or anything. A friend owns a random parcel of land with nothing there. Except fun.

and murder.

makare

When we camp it is pretty much just our house in a tent. We have a generator thing and we bring our tv and usual a game console of some kind. Nothing like playing video games "in the out of doors". Also fishing. I love fishing.

phil

phil

Just remember to split up after you find the first body. Take no weapons.

Chazwozel

When we camp it is pretty much just our house in a tent. We have a generator thing and we bring our tv and usual a game console of some kind. Nothing like playing video games "in the out of doors". Also fishing. I love fishing.

That's not camping...

Wasabi Poptart

Chazwozel

That's camping ;-)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Just remember to split up after you find the first body. Take no weapons.
You should make out constantly as well... or take a shower... or sprain your ankle.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Just don't do what a friend of mine did when we went camping back in the Boy Scout days: hack himself in the hand with a cleaver. Fucker chopped himself good...

Jay

Jay

Hey OP, I got a question for you.

Let's say you go camping and you guys have a lot of fun and party well within the night, drinking to your heart's content and you wake up alone the next morning with the worst hangover ever. Your ass feels like it's been cut by razorblades and as your blurry vision comes to you realize that there's a jar of Vaseline beside you. You have no idea what exactly happened and you are putting the clues together pretty quickly.

My question is now, will you go around and ask everyone there who did this to you publicly or keep it to yourself?

Mind you, you need to seriously answer this question.

makare

I like camping with our camper. I don't have to sleep in it I just like having it there for food storage and movie watching if it gets too cold.

I can't wait for summer camping and fishing.... so much fishing woot.

Chazwozel

On a serious note, depending on how far into the wilderness you go. Pack a snake bite kit. I was on a Jeep trail once, we were fording a stream and going up the bank there was a den of rattlesnakes that were- no lie- like 2 feet from my face. I slowly zipped the window up and thanked God that I had the doors on. Didn't have a snake bite kit and we were a solid hour away from base camp. Anyone bitten would have been fucked.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

I like camping with our camper. I don't have to sleep in it I just like having it there for food storage and movie watching if it gets too cold.

I can't wait for summer camping and fishing.... so much fishing woot.
That's what a Jeep is for! This thread is slowly making me realize what an idiot I was for selling that thing.

makare

Nah we have this ginormous pick up with one of those truck cab campers on the back. When my stepdad said he was getting one of those we were like wtf lame. But really it is nice. It is very spacious and good for storage. It is also nice because the dogs ride in there while we ride up front in the truck. There is no vehicle that makes traveling with 4 big dogs a fun experience, I include any jeep in that statement.

Gusto

Gusto

BYE CHARLIE HAVE FUN

Chazwozel

Nah we have this ginormous pick up with one of those truck cab campers on the back. When my stepdad said he was getting one of those we were like wtf lame. But really it is nice. It is very spacious and good for storage. It is also nice because the dogs ride in there while we ride up front in the truck. There is no vehicle that makes traveling with 4 big dogs a fun experience, I include any jeep in that statement.

I retract my previous statement. I thought you were talking about a big RV camper.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Okay, Chuckles is gone. Let's take the opportunity and move the forum before he gets back!!

I miss camping. I haven't been in a few years. We've Jeffersoned ourselves up to cabins now. They're nice, but it's not as fun as sleeping in a tent, and cooking all your food over a fire.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I'm not leaving for another couple hours :(

Dave

Dave

Okay, Chuckles is gone. Let's take the opportunity and move the forum before he gets back!!
That's never happened before.

:ninja:

makare

Those huge campers blow my mind. A couple years ago when the gas prices were so ridiculous that everyone was selling their cars for more fuel efficient models, my friend Jen's parents bought a 75,000 gas hog camper. it is monstrous! It is also nicer than some of the houses my family lived in when I was a kid... and it costs more. I was like wtf really... king sized beds, full kitchen and bath and a living room.. this is not camping.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I'm okay! We saw a small snake (chopped it up with a hatchet and threw it on the fire), and some other people saw scorpions. Sleeping on the ground hurt my body a decent bit! and I got a little sunburnt despite using a lot of sunscreen. We also found an ATV submerged/buried in the river and couldn't get it out with shovels or any amount of work.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yes yes, all very interesting. Let's hear who got chopped up by the psychotic killer on a rampage and did you get to play "Hide the salami" :p

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

You got a purty mouth, boy.

I'm an Eagle Scout and a troop committee member on the mainland. I love camping unless it rains.

rabbitgod

Sounds like fun. I want to go camping pretty badly. My wife and I are planning for maybe later this month.

Last time I went camping I was working so there was less with the hanging out having fun and more of the walking around in the heat. It was an interesting experience since we were 2 hours away from anyone, 4 hours away from anyone who can help. Camp rules included 'Don't let snakes bite you.' 'If you see a mountain lion run like fuck away from me.'