Export thread

I'm Making A Hamburger Pt 2

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah there was no reason to close that thread. I actually found the "Go buy a burger" post amusing. Anyway.....

Shegokigo said:
Couple of things to note:

Cook it to about one degree under the temperature you actually want it to be. Then let it sit for a few minutes. That will allow it to internally cook to the right temperature without overcooking the outside (If you want a medium burger, cook it to medium rare and let it sit 5 minutes).

Second, my two favorite types of burgers are Salt + Light Teriyaki + a Pineapple Slice or Salt + Pepper + Cayenne Pepper + Cajun Seasoning with a full set up (onion, tomato, lettuce, pickle).

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

If there is not time to mix your seasonings yourself, try Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning.

Just salt and pepper is good. Salt the meat before you form the patties to get it mixed in. Keep your burgers simple. Don't get hamburger that is too lean, render out what fat you can when you cook it. And as the above poster says, let it rest a few minutes before putting it on the bun.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I stopped eating beef over 4 years ago, I use ground turkey. So it's definitely not an issue with grease or fat.

Adam

Adammon

I stopped eating beef over 4 years ago, I use ground turkey. So it's definitely not an issue with grease or fat.
Ok yes, we get it. You're a lesbian...sheesh ;)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah I've never eaten

to begin with.

Though I've had

in the past....

Dave

Dave

The thread was closed by request, not because anything bad was going on.

And I loves me a good burger. I could eat burgers or steak every meal and be perfectly happy.

And when I have fresh ground beef and want to make my own burgers I take the beef, add in 1 raw egg and some bread crumbs (to hold it together but not enough to turn it into meat loaf) and add some Lipton onion soup mix. After I patty them up you can either soak in A-1 or just grill as is. Soaking in A-1 can get it a little too salty if you do it too long so I usually skip this.

Burgers are good.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Yeah I've never eaten

to begin with.

Though I've had

in the past....
What the....

...Where did this erection come from...

PatrThom

PatrThom

There's one in every box, Bumble. It's like the toy surprise!

--Patrick

Hylian

Hylian

I was viewing all new threads and I saw this thread and I clicked on it and after I clicked on it I realized it said Shego started it and I instantly panicked and hit stop before the page loaded and clicked back to make sure I wasn't clicking into a NSFW thread at work.

Joe Johnson

Depends on how I feel at the time. Sometimes I just do a simple salt/pepper/form patties and grill. Other times I throw everything in I can think of. My default is egg/crushed crackers (easier to grill than bread crumbs, well, unless you buy one of those containers of shakeable bread crumbs), salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and worcestershire sauce, sometimes I sprinkle a titch of A1 in there.

I've tried the "fried egg" on top of burger move. That was not bad, but more fussy than it was worth.

I want to try doing my own Juicy Lucy sometime, but haven't been brave enough to try.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Also, I guess I'm having a hamburger for lunch, now.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I was viewing all new threads and I saw this thread and I clicked on it and after I clicked on it I realized it said Shego started it and I instantly panicked and hit stop before the page loaded and clicked back to make sure I wasn't clicking into a NSFW thread at work.
It would have a different title for sure... As well as a disclaimer in the beginning to make sure anyone reading it was to assume it was purely hypothetical of course...... >:D

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yeah I've never eaten

to begin with.

Though I've had

in the past....
Man, that second one looks very unappetizing.

... Did you just trick me into being gay?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah I was attempting to show the bad extreme of both angles.

I've been there. It wasn't pretty.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Depends on how I feel at the time. Sometimes I just do a simple salt/pepper/form patties and grill. Other times I throw everything in I can think of. My default is egg/crushed crackers (easier to grill than bread crumbs, well, unless you buy one of those containers of shakeable bread crumbs), salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and worcestershire sauce, sometimes I sprinkle a titch of A1 in there.
What is so hard about using bread crumbs? You open the can and pour into your hand/bowl/measuring cup then mix them into your food.

That said, when I make a burger patty I want it to be about the MEAT so I usually only use a pinch of kosher salt. Then cooking for four minutes each side on medium-medium high heat results in a perfect burger.

Joe Johnson

What is so hard about using bread crumbs? You open the can and pour into your hand/bowl/measuring cup then mix them into your food.

That said, when I make a burger patty I want it to be about the MEAT so I usually only use a pinch of kosher salt. Then cooking for four minutes each side on medium-medium high heat results in a perfect burger.[/QUOTE]

Check my parenthetical statement.

But, if you don't buy those, many people actually tear up bread, which results in pieces that are too big, and make the burger hard to form.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I want to try doing my own Juicy Lucy sometime, but haven't been brave enough to try.
I am curious what this means, but not curious enough to Google it.

As a veggie, my burger recipes tend to be "Open box of veggie burgers and heat one up". It's universally disappointing.

Baerdog

Baerdog

That said, when I make a burger patty I want it to be about the MEAT so I usually only use a pinch of kosher salt. Then cooking for four minutes each side on medium-medium high heat results in a perfect burger.[/QUOTE]

Check my parenthetical statement.

But, if you don't buy those, many people actually tear up bread, which results in pieces that are too big, and make the burger hard to form.[/QUOTE]

I have never once ever known someone who does that.

Joe Johnson

It makes for a pretty crumby situation.

Yeeeeeeehaaaawwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Though I've had

in the past....
Britney Spears?

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

It makes for a pretty crumby situation.

Yeeeeeeehaaaawwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Fail.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I tried fried eggs on a burger before, and while it wasn't bad, I just couldn't get into it.

Which is odd, because I love fried eggs and steak.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Both look delicious. :awesome: