Export thread

I'm sick, so AMA

Cajungal

Cajungal

I was gonna go out and actually do things today, but this cough is hanging on. So rest it is. Ask me questions to take my mind off this unpleasant Robitussin aftertaste!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Have you had time to play your ukulele lately?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Have you had time to play your ukulele lately?
Yes! I had almost no time to practice during the 2nd quarter of school, but I practiced a lot over the Christmas break. I also played this morning. :) I got a bit rusty for a while, but I'm coming back. My brother gave me a quick theory refresher course, so I've been working on scales and picking.

strawman

strawman

Are you going to Scarborough Faire?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Are you going to Scarborough Faire?
Probably. I'm running low on parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

strawman

strawman

What was your favorite toy as a child? Do you still have it?

Cajungal

Cajungal

What was your favorite toy as a child? Do you still have it?
I had a few. 1: My 2 stuffed bears, Buddy and Betty. They were my first stuffed animals, and I still have them. Second, Nerf guns. We'd have neighborhood wars, and it was awesome. Third, not really a toy, but pen and paper. That's what I spent most of my time with, either drawing or writing stories.

Krisken

Krisken

If there was anywhere in the world you could live (in another lifetime), where would it be?

Cajungal

Cajungal

If there was anywhere in the world you could live (in another lifetime), where would it be?
That's tough, because there are so many places... Spain, Japan, Brazil, somewhere in the UK. I want to be everywhere.

Wahad

Wahad

Do you have a family gumbo recipe? If so, will you share it?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Do you have a family gumbo recipe? If so, will you share it?
My dad makes it, but it's not really a written down recipe... I'll describe what I have seen, heh.

He starts by chopping up fresh onions, bellpepper, celery, garlic, and parsley really fine. He then slices andouille puts that aside and starts browning fresh chicken thighs in the oven, rubbed with oil, salt and black/white/red pepper. While that's in the oven, he browns the sausage on the stove. He takes out the sausage, deglazes the pan, and adds a little oil with the fat that's already in the pan. When the oil heats up again, he adds flour and makes a dark roux. When it's about 30 seconds from the perfect color, he tosses in the vegetables. This slows the browning and keeps the roux from burning. When the vegetables have cooked for a couple of minutes, he throws in the meat and adds chicken stock and water. He leaves the skin on the hens when he puts them in. He simmers it slowly for a couple of hours until the broth looks rich and brown. He seasons with salt, the 3 peppers, and maybe some hot sauce. Serve over rice with fresh green onion and file'.

I really am not sure about the measurements. All I know is you want a LOT of dark meat for a good broth. It's really not hard. It takes time, but that's about it. If you can make a roux and chop, you can make a gumbo. And the store-bought wet roux's really aren't bad.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Do you embody any cajun stereotypes?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Do you embody any cajun stereotypes?
I'm pretty stubborn, and a eat a lot. Like a lot of loud, boisterous, life-loving cultural groups, we see food as a cure-all. Down here, you're likely to talk about your next meal while elbow-deep in a pile of boiled crawfish. I definitely talk about food more than I should. In a lot of respects, I'm not like a lot of hardcore, Cajun women. I don't hunt or fish, I can't really grow anything, I can't dance, and I'm not Catholic (anymore).

General Specific

General Specific

What is your prediction for the super bowl this year?

Cajungal

Cajungal

What is your prediction for the super bowl this year?
I predict that I will be clueless while eating guacamole.

Wahad

Wahad

I definitely talk about food more than I should.
There can never be too much talking about food. Or handling food.

General Specific

General Specific

What cajun food do you dislike the most?[DOUBLEPOST=1358042453][/DOUBLEPOST]If you were a mosquito, who on the forum would you bite for sustenance?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hog's head cheese. GROSS. Also, if I were to choose one dish I could do without, I'd choose etouffee. It's very tasty, but there are other Cajun dishes I like much more.

I'd bite Kags, because she's so sweet. ;)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh snap!! :D

Zappit

Zappit

Which superpower would you prefer: the ability to make others audibly fart at will, or the ability to always know where other people left things they can't find?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Which superpower would you prefer: the ability to make others audibly fart at will, or the ability to always know where other people left things they can't find?
Oh man... the first one sounds like so much fun, and I would definitely use it... but I think I'd have to go with the finding ability. That's a skill I could sell. Maybe I could even get my own TV show. Plus, my poor mom's always losing her glasses.

General Specific

General Specific

If you were a patient in an insane asylum and you are imagining your life, how would you know?

Cajungal

Cajungal

If you were a patient in an insane asylum and you are imagining your life, how would you know?
Maybe I'd imagine that I was having a dream every night about a woman in white telling me it was time for my pill.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

There's a Halforums roadtrip. You have to fill three roles:
1) Who will be driving?
2) Who will create the Playlist/Provide music (maybe they can play it themselves!)
3) Who are you stuck in the backseat with? (not that way, you jerks.)

Cajungal

Cajungal

There's a Halforums roadtrip. You have to fill three roles:
1) Who will be driving?
2) Who will create the Playlist/Provide music (maybe they can play it themselves!)
3) Who are you stuck in the backseat with? (not that way, you jerks.)
1) Dave, of course, will drive. It'll be fun to hear him threaten to turn the car around and deny us bathroom breaks.

2) General Specific seems to like cool music, so he can bring CDs and mp3s. Espy can play us some original tunes.

3) Gusto and I comment on whatever's on the DVD player, MindDetective can talk to me about interesting research, Bumble the Boy Wonder can start games of pictionary, Jay has started some interesting threads, so I think he would be a good conversation starter. And if Tinwhistler were still around, he'd be there too with homemade snacks.

phil

phil

You still bringing the sas?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I am also sick. Did you get me sick?

Cajungal

Cajungal

You still bringing the sas?
I don't feel very sassy these days.[DOUBLEPOST=1358095850][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am also sick. Did you get me sick?
Yes. I snuck into your house last night and borrowed your toothbrush.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Whyyyyyyyy

Cajungal

Cajungal

Whyyyyyyyy
You know why.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

:eek:

Cajungal

Cajungal

:ninja:

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

:hide:

General Specific

General Specific

:dumb:

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Have you ever had any broken bones? How did it happen?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Have you ever had any broken bones? How did it happen?
Never broke a bone. I had a sprain once on my right ankle from tripping over a kid at recess. I couldn't put weight on it for about a week. After that I limped for another week, then I was back to normal. I was a notoriously cautious child and didn't do much that might result in broken limbs, I guess.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be?

General Specific

General Specific

What is love?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Love is giving up on an elaborate murder plot, because you know that destroying him would result in very boring weekends.

Love is not getting what you want all the time but being happy because they are happy.

Love is forgetting there's anything going on outside your apartment for a few hours, eating ice cream, and watching Rifftrax.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

How did you manage to tip-toe over my last question and avoid it, while still stomping on my heart?

Cajungal

Cajungal

How did you manage to tip-toe over my last question and avoid it, while still stomping on my heart?
I'm still mulling it over. That's a tough one!

Also, I hate you.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Stick shift or automatic transmission?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Stick shift or automatic transmission?
I prefer a stick shift, but I drive an automatic. Stick shift feels more like you're actually operating a vehicle.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I prefer a stick shift, but I drive an automatic. Stick shift feels more like you're actually operating a vehicle.

Right answer! :)

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Anonymous

If you were to butcher Bumble, how would you serve him
?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

D:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

?
Of course I'm not CG but I think the answer is obvious: with fava beans and a nice chianti.

BananaHands

BananaHands

If you could punch anyone on the forum's face, would it be Bumble the Boy Wonder and if not, who and why not?

Gusto

Gusto

If you had to choose betwen my life and Bumble's life, how long would you hesitate before throwing Bumble under a bus?

strawman

strawman

If @Bumble were a keg, when would you tap that?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Since I'm too sick to think of witty way of crushing Bumble's self esteem, would you please insult him for me?

Gusto

Gusto

I love Bumble. This is not a question.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

dip.gif

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What's your zombie plan?

Cajungal

Cajungal

WasabiPoptart nailed it.

If @Bumble were a keg, when would you tap that?
Early and often.

If you had to choose betwen my life and Bumble's life, how long would you hesitate before throwing Bumble under a bus?
Trick question. I'd throw you BOTH under the bus and make a fortune off of those life insurance policies I took out.

If you could punch anyone on the forum's face, would it be Bumble the Boy Wonder and if not, who and why not?
I will go on a forum punch tour one day and get all of you.

Since I'm too sick to think of witty way of crushing Bumble's self esteem, would you please insult him for me?
Bumble the Boy Wonder , you're so annoyingly adorable that people insult to momentarily forget that they are not as adorable. Only Gusto can rise above the urge to abuse you. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1358302767][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's your zombie plan?
Die. I don't know how to use guns, I'm a bad hider, and I panic in an emergency. So... I am food. Cowering food.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

WasabiPoptart nailed it.

Early and often.

Trick question. I'd throw you BOTH under the bus and make a fortune off of those life insurance policies I took out.

I will go on a forum punch tour one day and get all of you.

Bumble the Boy Wonder , you're so annoyingly adorable that people insult to momentarily forget that they are not as adorable. Only Gusto can rise above the urge to abuse you. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1358302767][/DOUBLEPOST]

Die. I don't know how to use guns, I'm a bad hider, and I panic in an emergency. So... I am food. Cowering food.
I'm okay with being the focus of attention for half a page. My work here is done!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart nailed it.
Early and often.
:unibrow:

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'm still okay with this

Cajungal

Cajungal

Okay, Bumble the Boy Wonder, I've been thinking about your song question. And I had to narrow it down to 2 different choices:

I chose this one because it occurred to me that I play it when I'm in many different moods, and I'm always happy when it pops up on shuffle. I never skip it.

Also, couldn't find a video, but John Ellis' "All Up in the Aisles," because all of my most productive writing sessions have started with that song. It's track 1 on my favorite album to write to.

That was a hard question.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Cajungal -I was simply going to like that, but I can't help but love how much effort you put into it. Very nice pick

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm sick again, stuck at home with nothing to work on for school. So... Shoot, if you feel like it!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

strawman

strawman

You're going to a halforums potluck.

What are you bringing for others to eat?

Worried that they might leave the party before you see them, you seek out a few people you want to make sure you meet face to face. What do you say or do when you first see them?

Do you occasionally feel guilt or regret for something you posted here, and wish you could take it back?

What do you wear? (Assume anything you want to about the location, date, time, etc of the party)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Place you've always wanted to visit?

Season you enjoy the most and why?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
I dunno man... I'm caught in a landslide.

Cajungal

Cajungal

You're going to a halforums potluck.

What are you bringing for others to eat?

*Lemme see... that's tough. I like people to have easy-to-handle food at a party, so I guess I bring some little crawfish and chicken pies (seperate fillings there..) and a batch of brownies. Or maybe a key lime pie.

Worried that they might leave the party before you see them, you seek out a few people you want to make sure you meet face to face. What do you say or do when you first see them?

*There are so many I want to meet face to face. Gusto I'd definitely find first, since we go way back. I'd just want to chat with him the way we did online back when I had more time. :) I would hope he brought some art to show us; I'd love to see it in person. I'd find Bumble the Boy Wonder and tell him he's funny. I'd just want to tell a lot of people that they generally have brought a lot of fun, laughter, and thought into my life. Dave, Espy, MindDetective, drawn_inward, WasabiPoptart, Chad Sexington.... gah I can't choose! It's too hard to pick a few people when you're all so great.

Do you occasionally feel guilt or regret for something you posted here, and wish you could take it back?

*I feel regret sometimes when I post something when I'm in a funk. I don't know how noticeable it is, but there are times when I become extremely negative and just feel hopeless, and I say/type things I don't necessarily mean. I can't think of a particular time, but I must have done that here. Also, there was that time a long time ago on halfpixel that I went off on Charlie Don't Surf... that was embarrassing and silly.

What do you wear? (Assume anything you want to about the location, date, time, etc of the party)

On work days, I wear black pants and a solid colored shirt. I hate coordinating outfits, so I stick with black pants of different materials and just find different tops I like. On weekends, I either wear a dress or jeans and a t-shirt. I don't really enjoy dressing up that much. It's fun sometimes when Jake and I go to a jazz show or a restaurant, but I'm a very casual person. Even when I look done up, I wear very little make-up or jewelry. I like simple, and as long as I'm neat and clean, I don't stress too much. As y'all have seen in the "Whine" thread, I do get bitten by the shopping bug every now and then. When I shop, I'm usually looking for a comfortable dress.[DOUBLEPOST=1369858011][/DOUBLEPOST]
Place you've always wanted to visit?

Season you enjoy the most and why?
-I've always wanted to visit Europe. I've also wanted to go to Brazil for a long time. We have a lot of family down there.

My favorite season kind of depends on how kind the weather is down here. Right now, my favorite season is spring, because my city had the most lovely and mild spring. Usually it's unbearably hot by April, but we had lovely, cool weather all the way up to May. It was heavenly! In a normal year, I guess my favorite season is late fall/early winter, because it's cool and pleasant... lotta nice rainy days to stay in and read.

Gusto

Gusto

I miss you dude.

This is not a question.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I miss you dude.

This is not a question.
I miss you too. :( I'll try to be a better friend this summer. The hug icon should be a *squeeeeeze*.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Aw, but seriously you might not want to meet drunk Leigh. And I'd be drunk at this potluck, because, I mean, I'm me.

Or drunk Chad. Whatever I am. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1369858995][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I am pretty sure I owe you a letter.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aw, but seriously you might not want to meet drunk Leigh. And I'd be drunk at this potluck, because, I mean, I'm me.

Or drunk Chad. Whatever I am. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1369858995][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I am pretty sure I owe you a letter.
Other way 'round. I actually can't find the letters you sent me... the fella went on a cleaning tirade, and I'm afraid they might have been victims of that. Could you message me your address again?[DOUBLEPOST=1369859494][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, drunk or sobor, I wanna meet Leigh. :) I'll even make you black coffee and a bacon sandwich when you start feeling like crap.

Gusto

Gusto

Come to my birthday this summer and you'll probably meet Leigh. :)

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Yessssssss

Gusto

Gusto

Leigh, if you come to my birthday, you'll probably meet some Glenlivet.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Ohhhhhoho

I feel like we're hijacking CJ's thread :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's ok. :) One day... one day I'll get up there.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I think it's wonderful that you took the time to find me at the party, and tell me I'm funny.

<-------

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm fairly certain I never posted on Halfpixel and I also don't remember you going off on me really ever! But then again it could have been in the haze of my first couple months here where I was much more of a bold-faced troll.

Gusto

Gusto

Also maybe it was Kissinger.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm fairly certain I never posted on Halfpixel and I also don't remember you going off on me really ever! But then again it could have been in the haze of my first couple months here where I was much more of a bold-faced troll.
Yeah, it was then. I don't remember exactly what I said or how it started. I just remembered that, for the first time, I went and did the pissed-off-wall-of-text thing at someone. And you're right, it was Halforum.[DOUBLEPOST=1369862560][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also maybe it was Kissinger.
I think I aimed it at both of them. It's funny looking back on it, because it was so silly and futile.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

What sort of things would you most like to teach your kids?

On a more serious note: I know that your charges are mostly younger, but after a call that I had the other day... have you ever noticed any of them acting far more grown up than they should be at their age? In other words, worrying about stuff that they shouldn't know about, or talking about subjects that cause you concern?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Can I come to Louisiana and cook with you?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Officer_Charon , I like to teach kids independence and risk-taking. We have games in which my Science groups are rewarded for trying things during a lab without asking permission first. There are parameters for games like that, of course, but I get really tired of all the hesitating. I like offering a safe space for them to take risks in.

The kids I teach are a bit more sheltered, but they talk about crushes and stuff at a young age. I get my 5th graders talking about stuff they see online as if they understand it. They're good at ruining memes, because they're still at the point where repeating things all day is funny. It surprises them when I know exactly what they're talking about.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Can I come to Louisiana and cook with you?
All are welcome! I don't have space to put anyone up, but I'd love to cook with you. :) I've gotta get up to Canada for sure, but if you're ever in my neck of the woods, I expect a call!

BananaHands

BananaHands

HI C-G.

Build your dream pizza. GO!

Cajungal

Cajungal

HI C-G.

Build your dream pizza. GO!
Easy!

Crust: homemade focaccia
Base: pesto
Cheeses: Mostly mozzarella with a bit of provolone
Toppings: mushrooms, garlic, a bit of grilled chicken, and spinach

However, I could also say a meaty Chicago-style deep-dish. I just love pizza. Pizzaaaaaa.....

Gusto

Gusto

That's a good question, and now I'm hungry.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's a good question, and now I'm hungry.
I would love to cook y'all up a tasty etouffee with a Steen's pecan pie. ^_^

Gusto

Gusto

I would love to cook y'all up a tasty etouffee with a Steen's pecan pie. ^_^
This isn't helping. :awesome:

Cajungal

Cajungal

This isn't helping. :awesome:
Jambalaaaayyyaaaaaaaa

Gusto

Gusto

Jambalaaaayyyaaaaaaaa
HNNNNGGGHHH THE GREATEST.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dammit, now I want Cajun food...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Super easy to make at home, and always better at home than in a restaurant.