Interesting way to sell a record...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, old news, but its the first I'd heard of it.
I was looking up Josh Freese drumming videos and found a video where he's being interviewed by Joe Escalante. Being a Vandals fan, I decided to watch it.
Turns out Freese released a solo album back in April, and he's selling it for various price points between $7- $75 000.
Some highlights:

For $7 you get the digital download.
For $250
# $250 (limited edition of 25)
# Signed CD/DVD and digital download.
# T-shirt**
# Signed Drum Head and Drumsticks.
# We have lunch together at the PF Changs or The Cheesecake Factory (whatever you're into)
For $20 000
* Signed CD/DVD and digital download.
* T-shirt**
* A signed DW Snare from the 2008 Nine Inch Nails tour.
* *Maynard James Keenan, Mark Mothersbaugh from DEVO and I take you miniature golfing and then drop you off on the side of the freeway (all filmed and posted on youtube of course).
* josh freese mini golf
* I give you a tour of Long Beach. I'll show ya my first apartment, the coffee shop on 2nd St where my buddy paid Dave Grohl $40 to rip up some tile just weeks before he joined \"Nirvana\". I'll show you all my old stomping grounds....the Vandals old rehearsal spot, the house Quackenbush and I use to rent, where to go for the best tacos, Snoop Dogg's high school, etc....
* for an extra 50 bucks I'll show you where Adrian and Tom from \"No Doubt\" live. For another $25 I'll throw in Brooks from Bad Religion and Eric from NOFX's houses too!
* We then spend the night at the Queen Mary and take the \"Ghost Tour\" (seperate rooms of course.....no spooning).
* I write 2 songs about you (or if you want 1 can be about you and the other one can be about whatever or whomever you'd like) and it goes on my next record (you can sing back up on them, clap, play the drums, triangle solo...whatever you want).
* Drum lesson OR foot and back massage (once again.....couples welcome).
* Pick any 3 items out of my closet.

Thought this was interesting enough to share.

EDIT: Almost forgot, a link to the website where these are actually selling.
http://joshfreese.com/buynow/7/

I love this, and I'm impressed that some of the higher-priced packages are selling. Hell, I don't even really know him, and I'm still wishing I could dump the kind of money for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.