Export thread

Interrelated Left for Dead Question

Alucard

I have some extra money to spend finally on purchasing a new game. It's been awhile since I've been able to get one next to Champions Online.

I'm in slightly seriously in a quandry and would be most grateful to any suggestions.

Would you long time Left for Dead players recommend I purchased the Left for Dead GOTY edition or Left for Dead 2?

I looked online at Amazon recently and they both are in the same price range.

I'd either like to purchase this or Borderlands still.

I played Left for Dead 2 on a friend's 360 and it was pretty fun. Would I miss anything if I didn't play the first Left for Dead? Also is the Left for Dead online players fairly lenient in new comers or is it pretty inhospitable.

I'm itching more for Borderlands because of the unique artistic approach even though the Prince of Persia game before them already did their style.

So please help me make a decision. I cross off Dragon Age Origins right now because until the semester ends I don't have enough time to divest that much time into a game.

Chibibar

L4D2 is a whole new game in terms of characters. There are old baddies which many players are familiar with plus new ones. In terms of gameplay, you probably not going to miss much.

L4D DOES have SDK which allows players to create stuff (awesome btw there are many talents out there who made some serious awesome maps) I'm sure L4D2 will come out with a similar stuff soon (not sure when)

I personally vote for L4D2. You shouldn't have any problem finding a group to play with and learning it like everyone else.

Shannow

Shannow

Gaming forum.

Chippy

Chippy

I'm in slightly seriously in a quandry and would be most grateful to any suggestions.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Left 4 Dead 2. And yeah... Gaming forum.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Do you have to make a thread for every sorta-decision you make? :(

Shannow

Shannow

Well, one cannot truly make any kind of life descision without a consensus from a group of random people on the internet. This is a fact.

Dave

Dave

Oh you guys! Cut him some slack. I made three poop related threads in a two day span!

We old people love to talk about poop.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnIk0npINiE[/ame]

Chibibar

Do you have to make a thread for every sorta-decision you make? :(
only when there is money involved? ;)

Shannow

Shannow

Oh, we were joking, and you know it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Would you long time Left for Dead players recommend I purchased the Left for Dead GOTY edition or Left for Dead 2?
Dude, you should have been paying attention to the Games on SALE thread. Assuming you're talking about the PC versions, you could have gotten L4D for $7.50 and L4D2 for $30 - $37.50.

If you've got the patience, it's highly likely Steam will have another sale by the end of the year.

If you're not patient, I'd say go with L4D2 because more people will be playing that, and you'll still be able to play all the user made maps.

Gusto

Gusto

Wow, I think this might be our first ever "Should I buy this game or go back to a previous one?"

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Play L4D2 with us.... so I can watch you hobble to the helicopter.... :twisted: