Export thread

iPhone at 50 fathoms!

figmentPez

figmentPez

From Gizmodo: H2O's iDive300 Case Review: An iPhone at 300 Feet Under the Briny Sea

I'm really trying to understand why someone would want to use an iPhone while diving. I can understand wanting an MP3 palyer while swimming laps, but not while scuba diving. The article includes video, but it doesn't show much besides how awkward it is trying to use an iPhone underwater.

$350 for a chance to listen to music underwater over speakers that don't maintain a consistent volume, while the case tries to float out of your grasp, and your dive buddies are getting antsy at waiting for your geekiness to stop fiddling with the controls and pay attention to the scenery? I don't get it. I'm totally addicted to technology, and I just don't get it.

FINALLY! I am sooo tired of being on a dive and missing that call from Grandma! Now I can never be out of touch! HOORAY!

Adam

Adammon

Hey if it drowns out my dive instructor humming to himself (And by extension and water acoustics, everyone within 50 feet of him), I'm all for it!

Shannow

Shannow

Thank god we have all those cell towers throughout the oceans of the world!

Pojodan

Drowning, yeah, there's an app for that.

Le Quack

figmentPez said:
From Gizmodo: H2O's iDive300 Case Review: An iPhone at 300 Feet Under the Briny Sea

I'm really trying to understand why someone would want to use an iPhone while diving. I can understand wanting an MP3 palyer while swimming laps, but not while scuba diving. The article includes video, but it doesn't show much besides how awkward it is trying to use an iPhone underwater.

$350 for a chance to listen to music underwater over speakers that don't maintain a consistent volume, while the case tries to float out of your grasp, and your dive buddies are getting antsy at waiting for your geekiness to stop fiddling with the controls and pay attention to the scenery? I don't get it. I'm totally addicted to technology, and I just don't get it.

Its not that you would, but that you can.

I'm sure the ability to have a signal strong enough to work an iphone perfectly(?) at 50 fathoms would be awesome technology to be used in a different way.

Necronic

Necronic

Its not even a good phone at sea level on land....this guy is an idiot

Heavan

Next on the front pages of tabloids everywhere: blurry cell phone picture of Nessie