Export thread

Is Halforums real?

David

David

I'm beginning to doubt any of you exist. :humph:

bhamv3

bhamv3

Well, *I* exist, I'm not sure about the rest of them.

Null

Null

We exist as much and as little as you do.

tegid

tegid

No. I exist more.

Calleja

Calleja

I better exist, how else am I gonna go see Paul McCartney in May?

tegid

tegid

I'm sorry you can't go :(

phil

phil

We're all just bots set to post in specific patterns and variations.

Also, you're the last human. Everyone else is an android meant to both simulate civilization and observe your reactions.

@Li3n

@Li3n

and don't forget how we're all alts of JCM.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'm Spartacus.

Dusty668

I used to exist until I hit the button that says

After that, I dunno...

Chibibar

ah crap he found me out! run sub 2012
initiate kill routine 444

Iaculus

You are correct. Halforums does not exist, except within the confines of my imagination.

Your acquisition of independence is a clear indicator that I need to stick a pencil up my nose.

Andromache

Can I ask you something? You and me and all of us except Chaz*, we're all going to die within a few hundred years. If you think about it, that means we have little time to waste. Is this, in light of everything you want to do but will not really have time for, the best possible use of your time? If yes, then, no, HF is not real, in the classical sense, but yes, it is in the post modern sense. If this is not the best use of your time, well, go away?

(*noted because he is apparently immortal. )

MindDetective

MindDetective

After that, I dunno...
Goooood answer!

Dave

Dave

Schrodinger's Forum?

Andromache

After that, I dunno...
Goooood answer![/QUOTE]

maybe.

Chazwozel

Can I ask you something? You and me and all of us except Chaz*, we're all going to die within a few hundred years. If you think about it, that means we have little time to waste. Is this, in light of everything you want to do but will not really have time for, the best possible use of your time? If yes, then, no, HF is not real, in the classical sense, but yes, it is in the post modern sense. If this is not the best use of your time, well, go away?

(*noted because he is apparently immortal. )

Andromache

that guy might be immortal, but he does NOT age well. or that photographer is really bad.

Dusty668

Schrodinger's Forum?

What's in the boooooox?

Chazwozel

that guy might be immortal, but he does NOT age well. or that photographer is really bad.

Andromache

its getting worse, and funnier.

esp. if you've just read oryx and crake.

Hylian

Hylian

Does anything exist are is it all simply shadowy illusions in somebody else's dreams? As quickly forgotten as we came into existence. From nothing we were created and back into the empty recesses of the mind shall we go.

Chazwozel

Does anything exist are is it all simply shadowy illusions in somebody else's dreams? As quickly forgotten as we came into existence. From nothing we were created and back into the empty recesses of the mind shall we go.

I've never bought into that philosophy. How can we all exist as someone's consciousness when we all have our own individual conscious existence as an entity totally independent from one another? I agree that our perception of the universe is probably not what it really is.

Hylian

Hylian

I've never bought into that philosophy. How can we all exist as someone's consciousness when we all have our own individual conscious existence as an entity totally independent from one another? I agree that our perception of the universe is probably not what it really is.[/QUOTE]

I don't really buy into myself either I just felt like throwing it out there for fun :)

Wasabi Poptart

"Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

Calleja

Calleja

Déjà vu.[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Westphall
(The Tommy Westphall Universe Hypothesis)[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Wow, that's CRAZY. How the hell does FRASIER of all things connect Friends with Angel and all instances of Doctor Who!?!

bhamv3

bhamv3

We're all part of the Wind Fish's dream.

Gusto

Gusto

Ain't no shadows on a cave wall.

Andromache

Ain't no shadows on a cave wall.

god i love these games

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

i am a meat popsicle.

General Specific

General Specific

Déjà vu.[COLOR=\\"Silver\\"]

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Westphall
(The Tommy Westphall Universe Hypothesis)[COLOR=\\"Silver\\"]

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Wow, that's CRAZY. How the hell does FRASIER of all things connect Friends with Angel and all instances of Doctor Who!?![/QUOTE]

see: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/cross_key.txt

Null

Null

Also, you're the last human. Everyone else is an android meant to both simulate civilization and observe your reactions.
Wasn't that one of Kilgore Trout's stories?

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm probably not the one to ask.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

No. Your life is actually an M. Night Shyamalan movie and we are all your alternate personas.

What a tweest!

phil

phil

Wasn't that one of Kilgore Trout's stories?[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I used to wonder about that sometimes as a kid. I mean, there'd be no way to prove it or anything. I also wondered if everything that I say and see and experience is different from what everyone else does, after my friend put that thought into my head.

fuckin' mind trippin' at 9 n' shit.

Iaculus

I've never bought into that philosophy. How can we all exist as someone's consciousness when we all have our own individual conscious existence as an entity totally independent from one another? I agree that our perception of the universe is probably not what it really is.[/QUOTE]

Because I've got dissociative identity disorder.

Depressing, I know, but there it is.

strawman

strawman

Is Halforums real?
You fool! By observing the universe you force it into existence or out of existence! You're taking a 50/50 chance of forcing the destruction of the universe!

Dusty668

If you see a rerun of the universe does that make the odds 25/25?