Export thread

It is....... Python Hunting time!!

Chibibar

No... this is not Monty Python.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/08/national/main6278953.shtml?tag=strip

(CBS/ AP) Florida's special python hunting season has begun.

From Monday until April 17, anyone with a hunting license who pays for the $26 permit can take them on state-managed lands around the Everglades in South Florida.

Florida officials have taken a more aggressive stance against the invasive species in the past year, creating the python hunting season and issuing broader permits to experts to kill as many as possible.

The state has even held workshops for those inexperienced with pythons on how to identify, stalk and capture the reptiles.

Pythons Invade The Everglades

In addition to Burmese, Indian and African rock pythons, hunters can also take green anacondas and Nile monitor lizards.

As for the dead snakes, local tanners say they will pay $5 to $10 per foot.

\\"It's definitely a hot item. Hermes, Gucci, Prada, all the top manufacturers use python skins,\\" said Brian Wood of All American Gator in Hallandale Beach told CBS News 4 in Miami. \\"And we have it right in our backyard.\\"

Hunters must report each kill to the wildlife commission.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Awe but who doesn't love the sexy slither of a snake

makare

Well I am against hunting generally but in this case the python has become such a problem. Although, catching them and relocating them would be ideal instead of killing them. Gucci should just learn the meaning of the word faux.

so should firefox apparently.. wtf firefox faux is a word.

Roxxoredizorz

WANT

General Specific

General Specific

I found a couple already!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Taurus Judge, the person snake hunting tool (it's a 410 shotgun revolver)

Dave

Dave

Jennifer Lopez will be the only survivor.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Jennifer Lopez will be the only survivor.
Spoiler alert MAN

Wasabi Poptart

That's what she said.[/QUOTE]

Is that a python in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

General Specific

General Specific

That's what she said.[/QUOTE]

Is that a python in your pants or are you just happy to see me?[/QUOTE]

IT'S A PYTHON!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HELP ME!!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Practice time

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is a better car-jacking protection tool. I also hear that they are not that well built. A small .20 gauge is probably better for offing these snakes. Some of these bigger pythons may need a 12 gauge to handle. Of course I have not read up on the needed gear for taking out Burmese Pythons. Or are they called Myanmar Pythons now?

makare

When I saw the thread title I was thinking when guys say "check out these pythons" meaning muscles. So I thought maybe chibi was making a whole thread about how he got really buff.. I don't know if I am let down or not. Snakes are cool

Dave

Dave

THANK YOU! I thought the same thing!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

It is a better car-jacking protection tool. I also hear that they are not that well built. A small .20 gauge is probably better for offing these snakes. Some of these bigger pythons may need a 12 gauge to handle. Of course I have not read up on the needed gear for taking out Burmese Pythons. Or are they called Myanmar Pythons now?[/QUOTE]

I have one with buckshot for homedefense and carry a 40 cal for daily carry. but honestly. it's really a nice gun, truth be told. It is also a good snake gun, load it with birdshot and shoot the snake in the head, all those pellets will get the job done

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is a better car-jacking protection tool. I also hear that they are not that well built. A small .20 gauge is probably better for offing these snakes. Some of these bigger pythons may need a 12 gauge to handle. Of course I have not read up on the needed gear for taking out Burmese Pythons. Or are they called Myanmar Pythons now?[/QUOTE]

I have one with buckshot for homedefense and carry a 40 cal for daily carry. but honestly. it's really a nice gun, truth be told. It is also a good snake gun, load it with birdshot and shoot the snake in the head, all those pellets will get the job done[/QUOTE]

I do have my eye on the Public Defender version of The Judge. It is just that Taurus has a reputation for having inconsistent quality in their firearms, even within the same model.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I have one with buckshot for homedefense and carry a 40 cal for daily carry. but honestly. it's really a nice gun, truth be told. It is also a good snake gun, load it with birdshot and shoot the snake in the head, all those pellets will get the job done[/QUOTE]

I do have my eye on the Public Defender version of The Judge. It is just that Taurus has a reputation for having inconsistent quality in their firearms, even within the same model.[/QUOTE]

I have two Taurus's, The Judge, and a 24/7 Pro DS in .40 cal I haven't had any problems out of either of them. Their quality has improved since being bought out (can't remember by who)

Chazwozel

Oh Whacking Day!
Oh Whacking Day!
Our hallowed snake skull-cracking day!
We'll break their backs!
Gouge out their eyes!
Their evil hearts we'll pulverize!
Oh Whacking Day!
Oh Whacking Day!
May God bestow his grace on thee...