Jay Leno Commercial (edited song)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
So, you probably know NBC saying "fuck you" to Conan by using "Get Back" on the new Jay Leno commercial announcing his, uh, triumphant return.

Just picked up from the AVClub blog that someone changed that song to something much, much better and much, much more funny:

P

Philosopher B.

Awesome. I hate seeing that commercial. Goddamn that bastiche looks smug.

Look at his "triumphant" return line up.

Monday, March 1 - Jamie Foxx, Olympic Skier Lindsey Vonn and a musical performance by Brad Paisley
Tuesday, March 2 - Sarah Palin, Snowboarder Shaun White
Wednesday, March 3 - “Jaywalk All-Stars” with the Cast of “Jersey Shore,” Chelsea Handler, Speed Skater Apolo Anton Ohno and a musical performance by Avril Lavigne
Thursday, March 4 - Matthew McConaughey and Jason Reitman
Friday, March 5 - Morgan Freeman and Meredith Vieira

Monday, March 8 - Simon Cowell
Tuesday, March 9 - Christoph Waltz, Animal Expert Dave Salmoni and a musical performance by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
Wednesday, March 10 - Kristen Stewart and Guy Fieri
Thursday, March 11 - Dana Carvey and Kim Kardashian, with a musical performance by Colbie Caillat
Friday, March 12 - Dakota Fanning and Judd Apatow

The cast of Jersey Shore and Dana Carvey in the first two weeks? Jesus.

I would only watch Jay Leno (albeit probably online now so he doesn't get my rating) if he were to host guests that I truly was interesting to follow... such as Russell Crowe, Sam Worthington, Russell Peters... etc.

Wow, even without the song, the imagery alone is just full-on douchebaggery. All smug like it was supposed to go like this.

What a dickbag.

just so you guys know, that's the exact same commercial they ran last year when Jay went to 10:00.

It just looks like they photoshopped the time, and added a different song. All the shots and expressions and stuff are identical. Jay probably had nothing to do with it. (Not that I like defending him, because I think he's a douche, but still...)

K

KenjiFinster

Tuesday, March 2 - Sarah Palin, Snowboarder Shaun White
Wednesday, March 3 - “Jaywalk All-Stars” with the Cast of “Jersey Shore,” Chelsea Handler, Speed Skater Apolo Anton Ohno and a musical performance by Avril Lavigne
Thursday, March 11 - Dana Carvey and Kim Kardashian, with a musical performance by Colbie Caillat

The cast of Jersey Shore and Dana Carvey in the first two weeks? Jesus.
And Sarah Palin on the second show? Geez!

Nice list of fucking sell-outs. I'm sad the Olympians having to deal with The Chin, but everyone else in that list can suck a big hairy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.