[Comics] Judge Dredd (& 2000AD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Dredd/2000AD fans on here? I've been reading progs for a few months now digitally and it's a bunch of fun. Still a massive pain in the but to get in print over here, but there's a Newstand app where I can get my weekly thrills downloaded onto my iPad far cheaper than I ever could in print. Still haven't been able to get my hands on the Megazine yet.

IDW also has a new Judge Dredd series out. Only one issue so far but it's on the right track I think. No anthology page limit means it feels a bit more decompressed than a normal Dredd story, but the writing is there. It also comes with backup story, issue 3 will be a Judge Anderson tale.

They read pretty well digitally, and Prog 2013 has just been made available on my iPad. It's a big 100 page year end special that, strangely enough, will be starting up the upcoming stories.

Issue 2 of the IDW series is more Dredd. Introduces Judge Anderson, and setups Wally Squad. Considering it is by far the cheapest way to read Judge Dredd in print over here in the US I would recommend it to people.

Apparently I'm a glutton for punishment as come February I'll be getting 2000 AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine in print.

I used to read 2000AD all the time when I was a kid. My step dad's brother used to get all sorts of weird comics from around the world. Cobalt 60 was one that was pretty rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.