Export thread

Julia Robert's Guide to Make 1.6 Million without saying a word.

Jay

Jay

Hollywood star Julia Roberts has received over $1.6 million for appearing in a 45 second Italian coffee advertisement.

The Eat Pray Love star had no lines, but required her to pose as the goddess Venus in the advertisement for Lavazza Coffee makers according to a report in the Sydney Morning Herald. The ad will be screened in Italy over the Christmas period, in which Roberts appears as artist Sandro Botticelli's stubborn goddess muse who refuses to smile until she is handed a cup of coffee from the Lavazza coffee maker. Formerly Hollywood’s highest paid actress, Julia Roberts has joined a growing number of high profile movie stars to star in campaigns for the $70 billion coffee industry. Her Ocean's Eleven co-star George Clooney promotes Nespresso and Hollywood veteran Al Pacino is the face of Vittoria Coffee, whose advertisements air in Australia.

strawman

strawman

Well, since she has no idea what they're saying, then it makes sense she's not responding.

I think someone should subtitle it with an incorrect, yet hilarious, dialogue for them.

Chibibar

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Drew Barrymore gets paid for Baskin Robbins commercials in South Korea, George Clooney does a commercial there as well I just can't remember what it's for. It's crazy to me that American stars are hesitant to do commercials in their home country but will do them for foreign countries.

Jiarn

Foreign Countries pay them ALOT more.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

George Clooney doesn't promote Nespresso in the US? He (relatively) recently even started starring ads alongside John Malkovich!

strawman

strawman

They are often more than happy to star in commercials for a very high price. It appears they prefer to be paid as a "spokesperson" on an ongoing basis for $$,$$$,$$$ rather than paid per commercial.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I have to think Julia Roberts is hardly the first or most lucrative person getting paid to stand there and look pretty for the cameras.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

just as random trivia, Lavazza filed a lawsuit against Nespresso for the ad in wich Malkovich first appeared, because of it's heavenly setting and general ideas because Lavazza has been setting their ads in heaven for at least a decade (they are one of the recurring images of italian TV in my mind since I was little)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

just as random trivia, Lavazza filed a lawsuit against Nespresso for the ad in wich Malkovich first appeared, because of it's heavenly setting and general ideas because Lavazza has been setting their ads in heaven for at least a decade (they are one of the recurring images of italian TV in my mind since I was little)
Oh fuck, did they trademark heaven? Does the pope know?

Joe Johnson

I hear Bill Murray is going to be doing a Suntory whiskey ad in Japan.

Oh, I see what I did there.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Element 117

He's been doing these for YEARS.

Chibibar

I wish I could make 1.6 millions without saying a word.

I notice that other countries do pay a lot more to get famous star in their commercials :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet