Just got moved at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Well, they just moved me. I'm no longer in an office but am instead in a cubical that looks right back into the office I just vacated. *le sigh*

One bad thing is that this is a bit more visible so until I find out how well people can see my screen this could be interesting.

I work down in a cage in a warehouse and it is usually just me down here. I can sometimes go a whole day and only see maybe 1 coworker who comes down to pick up some laptops.

S

Soliloquy

So, any explanation as to why they moved you? Did they higher someone more qualified than you? Demote you? Want to see what you've been up to on this website all this time?

Dave

Staff member
So, any explanation as to why they moved you? Did they higher someone more qualified than you? Demote you? Want to see what you've been up to on this website all this time?
They needed to put someone in there who held confidential meetings with students. He needed a door. I didn't. Simple as that. When the new building gets finished I'll have an office in there.

They needed to put someone in there who held confidential meetings with students. He needed a door. I didn't. Simple as that. When the new building gets finished I'll have an office in there.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. We're just getting space planning done for our new building and one of my cow-orkers here has a fairly nice office with a view, but because he's non-management, he'll be getting busted down to a cube. Because staff report to me, I'll continue with an office with a door.

T

ThatNickGuy

They needed to put someone in there who held confidential meetings with students. He needed a door. I didn't. Simple as that. When the new building gets finished I'll have an office in there.
New building?

I hope it's not being made by...SVEN!! (slightly obscure How I Met Your Mother reference)

R

rabbitgod

Yeah, having your own office is pretty much the best thing ever.

Sadly my monitor faces the door, so people can see what I have up. I'd love to move my desk, but it just doesn't fit.

Sadly my monitor faces the door, so people can see what I have up. I'd love to move my desk, but it just doesn't fit.
The rabbit says as he posts on an internet forum. :D[/QUOTE]

Forums can actually look fairly work-related, depending on what you do and what the layout of the forum is. Someone just glancing at your screen might think you're writing an email.

Me, I MUD from work. It looks utterly incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't know what a MUD is, and often they're afraid to ask.

Man Dave, I feel your pain. At one of my jobs the boss' office looks directly into my cubicle. Oy.

Luckily I have an office at the internship I just started, which means a lot more privacy.

C

Chazwozel

My office overlooks downtown Philadelphia on the 10th floor... but I have to share it with two other people. :(

From my second floor corner office, I overlook the river on one side and have perfect view of the skihill on the other. I have a second seat for employees to come in for discussion and my door closes.

This is the best office I'll ever have in my entire life.

I'm in a room by myself that has about the same square footage as my house. My desk is toward the front facing about a 25 foot width of floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook a field and stream (if I stand up, at least). The only problem with the set-up is there is a door in the back of the room that people can sneak in from and see my screen if I'm not wary.

So ronery...

I'm in a room by myself that has about the same square footage as my house. My desk is toward the front facing about a 25 foot width of floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook a field and stream (if I stand up, at least). The only problem with the set-up is there is a door in the back of the room that people can sneak in from and see my screen if I'm not wary.

So ronery...
Some people have it all... And yet have nothing... :tongue:

My desk is in the basement, actually it's an old piece of countertop they had left over attached to the wall. The doorway, which doesn't have a door on it, is right behind me. People love sneaking in and trying to scare me. The light right above me takes nearly 2 hours to turn on in the morning.

They keep telling me I am going to get moved to an actual office soon, but something always happens when I start packing and they change their mind. I guess I don't have to listen to the clacking of the damn proof machines anymore, so that is good. I just wish I had a window.

T

Twitch

I share my classroom with another teacher but the room is actually mine. The result is I get to leave all my shit around. Nothing says homey like a Hydralisk on your desk.

New building?

I hope it's not being made by...SVEN!! (slightly obscure How I Met Your Mother reference)[/QUOTE]

Bet it would be awesome to have the office right below where the flame comes out.

North_Ranger

Staff member
You must remove this interloper from your office.

I recommend hiring a sixteen-year-old girl who will walk up to him in the presence of his supervisor, give him a French kiss and then press his head between her boobies while saying "You're the best, big brother." :twisted:

T

Twitch

You must remove this interloper from your office.

I recommend hiring a sixteen-year-old girl who will walk up to him in the presence of his supervisor, give him a French kiss and then press his head between her boobies while saying "You're the best, big brother." :twisted:
Oddly enough this is part of the process used in choosing a Norwegian Prime Minister.

R

Rubicon

Yea my cube at work is near two supervisor desks, one of them a cool dude, the other a by-the-book middle aged lady, so my row of cubes is fairly heavy on foot traffic, i installed an addon to my firefox install at work to auto minimize on a hotkey press. plus i use a theme in FF to make it look like IE, helps keep things a little less suspcious.

R

rabbitgod

The rabbit says as he posts on an internet forum. :D[/QUOTE]

Well sure they can see it, but I don't give a fuck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have a great view though. Two mountain ranges, some oak trees, lots of wildlife walking into the parking lot.

I did some rearranging in my head after my first post. Maybe, just maybe, I can work it out. I need a printer so maybe I can explain it that way.

M

meyoumeyou

How tragic, now you're actually risking having to do work and stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.