Lebron free agency season finale tonight at 8pm on ESPN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's he going? Do you care? Can the Heat SUPERTEAM win 6 straight titles?

How hilarious is his hour long special that has absolutely no purpose other than to hurt Cleveland as much as possible?

How horrible is it that he cares more about being a brand than a good basketball player?

And there's ESPN falling all over itself to publicly fellate a player who has exactly as many NBA championship rings as me.

C

crono1224

Ehh it is rather a shameful and stupid event that is only going to hurt cleaveland. Though to be fair he is still a great player and if he ever considered coming to my local team I wouldn't complain

Heartless or not, I'd still welcome him to my team. I mean, he couldn't possibly make things worse.

/Washington fan

I blame everyone else. If people didn't make him out to be a god and accept nothing less than a championship every year, there wouldn't be this ridiculous hype. Cleveland fans are as guilty as anyone.

man, i'm a huge basketball fan and i don't like that too much. And i'm a freaking miami fan.

I liked Bosh joining Wade in Miami with enough cap left to have a decent team built around them. But now?

Even if they take less than the max (3*16.6 mill = boom no cap left), they'll have room for one kinda good player (mid level exception) and 8 minimum salary players.

What is this? Haywood ain't going to sign for the minimum, Haslem DESERVES more than the minimum. 3 superstars with a dleague cast. i don't like it.

And, WTF James. You're 25 years old and arguably the best player in the league (regular season anyway) and you're gonna go play in Wade's garden.? Afraid you won't be able to win by yourself? Your legacy will forever be tainted by this. Wade already has a championship. Even if you win 5 in a row, You'll never be the man in miami and you'll never reach Kobe's level, let alone Michael's.

Loser.

Oh and even tho, i root for miami since the early 90 (Rice then mourning and tim), I would LOVE it for Boston to own you again in the playoffs.

Living in Ohio, I am not a Cavs fan, heck I'm not a Cleveland fan, but I have a number of good friends from the college days who are from that area. Any adjective you can think of is true. Hate. Bitterness. Anger. Rage. Really, this is more than just a free agent defection. This is a guy who has been a local hero to Northeast Ohio since he was a freshman in High School, winning three state championships in four years, losing only his junior season in the state finals, going to his hometown team right out of high school and, while they didn't win any championships, did make a franchise that was pretty crappy into a very good one. They won a lot of games, and gave Cleveland fans something to be proud of. So what does he do? He pretty much quits during the Celtics series, rips off his Cavaliers jersey after the last game (looking back you can see he wasn't able to deal with the pressure), then has one of the most ego-driven announcements in professional sports history on ESPN to stick a machete in the back of the fans and area that raised him and supported him with all their heart. They will not forgive him. He just moved into a dead heat with Art Modell as the most despised figure in Cleveland. I understand why he did it. I think most people do. He went to a place where he can play with his friends, play in a state with no state taxes, maybe win some rings (and if they don't how will he deal with THAT pressure?). But it all smacks of entitlement. He seems to be treating winning a championship with going to the local store to pick up some sundries he needs. Damn. No rings. I need to get me some. I'll go to Miami with D-Wade and Chris. Cool.

Me, I'm going to try and score some tickets for the first Miami Heat game up in Cleveland. That should be fun. <popcorn>

Ross

Staff member
FUCK LEBRON. How could anyone care about this for more than 5 seconds? My co-worker had the shitty interview on for over a half-hour, THEN THEY FUCKIN RECAPPED THE WHOLE DAMN THING ON THE NEXT SHOW. The commentator on the show after the interview said "I don't want this to get over-analyzed" AS HE WAS OVER-ANALYZING IT. Is this really what basketball fans want to see?

For the record: Yes, I do realize it's one of the most pivotal moments of the NBA off-season. Yes, I also think that most things that gets major news/sports coverage are way overexposed and over-analyzed... I just had to get rid of some pent-up media rage.

man, i'm a huge basketball fan and i don't like that too much. And i'm a freaking miami fan.

I liked Bosh joining Wade in Miami with enough cap left to have a decent team built around them. But now?

Even if they take less than the max (3*16.6 mill = boom no cap left), they'll have room for one kinda good player (mid level exception) and 8 minimum salary players.

What is this? Haywood ain't going to sign for the minimum, Haslem DESERVES more than the minimum. 3 superstars with a dleague cast. i don't like it.

And, WTF James. You're 25 years old and arguably the best player in the league (regular season anyway) and you're gonna go play in Wade's garden.? Afraid you won't be able to win by yourself? Your legacy will forever be tainted by this. Wade already has a championship. Even if you win 5 in a row, You'll never be the man in miami and you'll never reach Kobe's level, let alone Michael's.

Loser.

Oh and even tho, i root for miami since the early 90 (Rice then mourning and tim), I would LOVE it for Boston to own you again in the playoffs.
Miami doesn't get a mid-level exception, since they were under the cap at the outset of free agency.

We should start a betting pool for when Pat Riley will force the current coach to resign and take over the job.

In related news in 4 years Stephen Strasburg will leave the Washington Nationals when his contract is up. When you're the only one holding up a team there's a reason you might want to leave it.

H

Hyimi

In related news in 4 years Stephen Strasburg will leave the Washington Nationals when his contract is up. When you're the only one holding up a team there's a reason you might want to leave it.
We have a similar situation with the New Orleans Hornets. Chris Paul is pretty much the only thing holding up the team (when he was injured last season, the Hornets did horrible) and it looks like he wants out. I think it's inevitable that he is going to leave the Hornets. Whether it's by asking for a trade before the start of next season as the rumors say, or when he becomes a free agent (I think it's two years, too lazy to look it up right now). What he really wants to do is what Lebron did with Miami. He wants to get together with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire and go to the Knicks and make a championship team.

The Nationals are a pretty decent team. Pre-Stras, they were in playoff contention for much longer than anyone thought. They have some good prospects coming up too not named Strasburg.

Shannow

Staff member
I have no problem with him leaving at all. The way he did it, thats a whole other thing, but his leaving? he had a right to. He did what he could for 7 years there, with little support, brought the team from the doldrums to full contention. I would have rather seen him go to the knicks, (being a Knicks fan...god, this is going to hurt if they dont get Melo next year) but it was his choice and right to go to Miami.

And Gilbert has nothing to really bitch about. Lebron more than doubled his worth over those years. He just could not do the whole thing alone, and he really did not see more help coming. Kudos to him for making a choice to leave. Jeers to him for how he went about it.

I saw and article where Magic Johnson was being a dick. He said he could have never moved to a team with other superstars. Well Magic, the reason you had all those trophies was the all time scoring leader (Abdul-Jabbar) that had already won the big game with out you.

I saw and article where Magic Johnson was being a dick. He said he could have never moved to a team with other superstars. Well Magic, the reason you had all those trophies was the all time scoring leader (Abdul-Jabbar) that had already won the big game with out you.
wiki:

Despite Abdul-Jabbar's dominance, he had failed to win a championship with the Lakers, and Johnson was expected to help them achieve that goal.[20]

And Magic was drafted by the Lakers, and never left the Lakers.

wiki:

Despite Abdul-Jabbar's dominance, he had failed to win a championship with the Lakers, and Johnson was expected to help them achieve that goal.[20]

And Magic was drafted by the Lakers, and never left the Lakers.[/QUOTE]

wiki:

6× NBA Champion (1971, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988)

Kareem did it with the Bucks. Johnson did it on an established team with a ton of talent. He was the missing piece, not the man carrying the franchise.

Shannow

Staff member
Frankly, Lebron really owes them nothing in Cleveland. At all. His contract was up, and he moved on after 7 years. there is no obligation to stay there should he not want to.

O

orange878

A very good decision for Lebron he just picked the best team for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.