Export thread

Leonid Meteor Shower: Tomorrow Morning!

KarateKidMcFly

Any of you plan on checking out the Leonid meteor shower? It should be passing over the US between 3:30AM and 5:30AM EST, we should get 20-30 meteors/hour. I'm quite excited by it! I'm heading to a quiet bit of beach with some friends, where it should be plenty dark for us to be able to see it clearly. It's sure to be beautiful. I was reading that in Asia, they expect it to be even better; 200-300 meteors/hour. That would be a sight to behold.

Here's an article on it, if you want more info http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/10nov_leonids2009.htm

I'll try to check on halforums on my iPhone while there, see if I check up on anyone else who might be watching. Take care, all!

Null

Null

I'll take a look for that.

Bergamot

Fucking clouds...

Hylian

Hylian

too many clouds here :(

klew

klew

probably be too bright here by that time

Denbrought

Denbrought

Ever since I read The day of the Triffids I haven't wanted to watch a meteor shower, so eh.

strawman

strawman

36% cloud cover overnight here. Probably not going to be anything to see.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Supposed to rain here :(

Rob King

Rob King

Yeah, raining and cloud cover. I thought it was tomorrow night, actually. But rain and cloud cover then too anyways.

I hate the weather in this city.

Qonas

Normally I'd be staying up for this and watching (I'm an astronomy nut), but the combination of work and possible cloud cover mean I'm out.

Shakey

Shakey

Supposed to be clear here, but at 20 degrees it's gonna be hard to make it outside. I'll set the alarm though for 3 and see what happens though.

Gusto

Gusto

Merely the THOUGHT that something may be going on at 4 in the morning will be enough to rouse me from my slumber.

My subconscious hates me.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Sadly I'd have to do some traveling to get out of Atlanta in order to see this, so it's not likely I will. :(

Chronos[Ha-G]

This morning, eh? Hmm - I'm usually up till 4am anyway. Maybe I'll drive out of town a bit and find a place I can park.

Of course, this is all dependent on whether or not there's cloud cover at the time...time to check Chicago weather.

KarateKidMcFly

Well, I'm here at the beach. Was raining for a while, but it's cleared up. One of my buddies brought his guitar, so we've been singing and drinking, good times. Some clouds out still, hope they go away in the next hour or so

Null

Null

Fucking cloud cover like concrete here. Fuck.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Man, I wish I knew about this sooner!

evilmike

evilmike

Clear sky at 10pm.

100% cloud cover at 4am.

Bah.

KarateKidMcFly

Yeah, I couldn't see shit -_- But had a nice time with friends, so it wasn't a total wash.