Let it snowwww let is snowww let is snowwwwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alucard

Well guys looks like I'm snowed in for the day and can't go anywhere anytime soon. Woopie fucking do.
Anyone else in this predicament as well? I'm going to be going slightly stir crazy here.

Shannow

Staff member
Snowing like crazy, and will get worse for the rest of the afternoon into night.

Guess what? Igot up, brushed offf the car, shovelled the walk, and went to work.

D

darkangel6988

Snowing like crazy, and will get worse for the rest of the afternoon into night.

Guess what? Igot up, brushed offf the car, shovelled the walk, and went to work.
Sweet ! I did the same yesterday but I don't work cuz i can't work in canada.....but I woke up shovelled , cleaned off the car and went to the liquor store to buy myself a bottle of champagne for my wedding anniversary :) Today it's a slushie wet mess outside with more snow to come.....I shall venture out to rent movies.

Shannow We are so productive lol ! Black Cat you can't let a lil snow stand in your way.......PICK UP THE SHOVEL and get to work !

He lives in a town with the infrastructure to handle snow.

Where I live an inch of snow that lasts more than over night shuts everything down. We had 3 inches of snow Tuesday, and it was gone by 8 am.

There are places here still digging out from Snowpocalypse II, and we've since had III and IV.

After nearly killing myself earlier in the week finishing clearing ice from the driveway, I don't care if it is only an inch or two. I'm not gonna fucking bother.

C

Chazwozel

There are places here still digging out from Snowpocalypse II, and we've since had III and IV.

After nearly killing myself earlier in the week finishing clearing ice from the driveway, I don't care if it is only an inch or two. I'm not gonna fucking bother.

I hope you have a snow blower considering you have heart problems. As for ice, just salt that shit down.

Shannow

Staff member

Then guess what? It wasn't snowing like crazy...[/QUOTE]

Compared to what all you pussies here seem to complain about, it is. Starting to get worse, too. But hey, we are supposed to get snow, and can actually deal with it and are used to it. Of course, we are the #4 snoiest city in the country, on average snowfall, so take that as you will. Suck it up, and get back to work, slackers!

Man, I grew up in Buffalo, where if snow fell on the ground that shit was gone in seconds. Now I live in Colorado, where, despite the fact they expect to get snow, they fucking SUCK at cleaning the roads. And they don't use salt! It baffles my mind.

R

rabbitgod

Man, I grew up in Buffalo, where if snow fell on the ground that shit was gone in seconds. Now I live in Colorado, where, despite the fact they expect to get snow, they fucking SUCK at cleaning the roads. And they don't use salt! It baffles my mind.
A lot of western states don't use salt because of the corrosiveness. The deserts are already pretty high in salt content so many municipalities chose not to add any extra. It sucks, but your car and the roads last a hell of a lot longer without doing it.

Dave

Staff member
There's also a state law on the books in Colorado about not being able to leave stuff like that on the road for X days. So if they use it they have to remove it, too. Which costs more. So to save money they only put it down sparingly. They are really stuck between a rock and a hard place on that one.

Shannow

Staff member
Meh, sucks for them, I suppose. But then again, a lot of the places do not get as much snow yearly, so by and large, it is usually unnecessary. Here in Syracuse, or over in Buffalo, Rochester, etc...it is mandatory for life on the roads every winter.

Hmmm, I gotta head back to Buffalo soon, been a couple years since I graduated from there. Good times.

A

Alucard

fuck i messed up my heading title for this thread. I'm down below a lake region so sometimes we get a lot of lake effect here.
The snow was more wet and heavy this time around. Roads are looking slightly better. My car isn't exactly built for such adverse
weather conditions.

R

rabbitgod

Meh, sucks for them, I suppose. But then again, a lot of the places do not get as much snow yearly, so by and large, it is usually unnecessary. Here in Syracuse, or over in Buffalo, Rochester, etc...it is mandatory for life on the roads every winter.

Hmmm, I gotta head back to Buffalo soon, been a couple years since I graduated from there. Good times.
I'd say it's more population and/or city budget. Flagstaff Az doesn't salt roads but they get more snow than Buffalo. So when Flagstaff shuts down for snow nothing really happens, but when Buffalo shuts down it's a huge effect on the economy. As a more extreme example there are valleys here in the greater Tucson area that get almost 50% more snow than Buffalo. They don't salt or plow because only a few dozen people live there...because they're crazy hermits.

Status
Not open for further replies.