Export thread

Let the hoarding begin

Hylian

Hylian

http://consumerist.com/5408495/potential-canned-pumpkin-shortage-threatens-thanksgiving

It might be hard to make pumpkin pie this year. "Soggy fields" and "fungus," the perennial banes of the pumpkin farmer, have left tons of pumpkins rotting in the field and created the very real possibility that there may be a shortage of canned pumpkin this season. The problem is worse because 2008 was also a bad pumpkin harvest, which means there is little backstock to rely on.
We call upon Obama to release the Strategic Pumpkin Reserves.
If you can't get any canned pumpkin, you can also go to your farmer's market and buy some butternut squash. Roast it in the oven and use just like the good ol' canned stuff.
Libby's Warns of a Canned Pumpkin Shortage [The New York Times] (Photo: Sister72)

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

*doesn't like pumpkin*

*keeps on living his life*

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

First Eggos.... AND NOW THIS????

/wrists

Dave

Dave

If the nog goes, I go.

Wasabi Poptart

Really? The commissary on base has pallets full of the stuff, in large and small cans. Hmm. Maybe I should buy a case and put the cans on Ebay.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

*digs in dumpster for Halloween pumpkin*

Hahahha!

Philosopher B.

Noooooo.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I could take or leave pumpkin. As long as the sweet potatoes and pecans are safe, I'm happy.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I agree with CG. My mom makes the BEST pecan pie and there will be plenty of fried turkey to go around.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

first, they came for the pumpkin. I did not speak up, for I didn't care for pumpkin.
next they came for the sweet potato. I did not speak up, for I didn't care for sweet potato

Cajungal

Cajungal

But Charlie. :( They're good.

Also, MAKE VIDEOS. I'm tempted to start saying that in every thread where we post together til you do it. ^_^

Wasabi Poptart

I could take or leave pumpkin. As long as the sweet potatoes and pecans are safe, I'm happy.
Honestly, I feel the same way about pumpkin. Now if they said there was an apple shortage it would be totally different. I love making and eating apple pie for Thanksgiving.

Chazwozel

first, they came for the pumpkin. I did not speak up, for I didn't care for pumpkin.
next they came for the sweet potato. I did not speak up, for I didn't care for sweet potato

HAHHAHAHA

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

WTS Soylent Green... :p

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

But Charlie. :( They're good.

Also, MAKE VIDEOS. I'm tempted to start saying that in every thread where we post together til you do it. ^_^
haha, MAYBE this weekend. someone's staying with us that could be the cameraman for "A Few Good Men"

rabbitgod

Well that sucks. I like pumpkin. My dog LOVES pumpkin so if he understood these things he might be sad.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Acorn squash + crock pot = Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

--Patrick