Export thread

Lets talk Disney songs

phil

phil

Post your favorites!

Disney is evil, raciest, bla bla bla and so on. There! glad we got that out of the way!

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Here are a few.

phil

phil

bhamv3

bhamv3

Dammit Phil, now I'm singing along again!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

"I Got Friends on the Other Side" was fucking awesome. Actually, a lot of the music in that movie was great.

Anyway, some for me:

This is not a song, but there is some gorgeous score music sometimes in these Disney movies and this one always gets me:

Chazwozel

I love that crazy crab.

Creature

Hakuna Matata!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Well... here's my favourites as I remember them. You know what's gonna happen ;)

Admittedly, I feel a bit conflicted about this song. The Finnish voice of Timon, Pirkka-Pekka Petelius (the Finnish equivalent of Conan O'Brien in the 1990s), was simply glorious, while the Simba's voice sounds damn annoying to me.

I think it was The Hunchback of Notre Dame that made me realize, as a thirteen-year-old, that animated films were not just for kids. Like the song above; even in the translation you can just hear how scared shitless Frollo is. Not to mention that it broke certain taboos: God, Hell, Satan... all mentioned in this song.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Be Prepared > *

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Be Prepared > *
Be Prepared is superior to an asterisk. Well... yeah?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

It's better than everythin. It is the best.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

EDIT: Fuck... can't get the video to post, no matter what I do. Was going to link to the DBZ Abridged version.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You just have to post the Youtube link and it does it automatically. No coding involved, not even URL brackets.

Wasabi Poptart

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oh yeah, that's a good one.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You just have to post the Youtube link and it does it automatically. No coding involved, not even URL brackets.
It wasn't a Youtube link, which is why it probably didn't work.

Bowielee

Bowielee

The villain song is almost ALWAYS my favorite song in disney films.

My favorite above all is is Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Wasabi Poptart

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's all about Be Prepared.

makare

I agree with all the ones here, except the Hunchback ones. My favorites are probably from Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast though. I love Under the Sea and Tale as Old as Time.

Twitch

I can walk into any room where I work and sing "Let's get down to business..." and the room will complete it for me.

bhamv3

bhamv3

... to defeat the Huns. HUAH!!!!

(JUST after I'd gotten it out of my head, too! That's it, I'm not clicking on this thread any more.)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Let's put some Spanish flavor into this Disney thread:

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

This song makes me smile whenever I hear it.

Gusto

Gusto

I submit the entireties of Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast.

Wahad

Wahad

Apart from Friend Like Me, Be Prepared and Gaston which already have been posted, these belong to my favorites.

Alucard

Cajungal

Cajungal

EFF YES, Cheesy! That's easily one of my favorite Disney movies. My sister and I knew the whole thing, AND I learned "You Belong to My Heart" on ukulele. I wanna learn the Spanish lyrics though; they're prettier.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

EFF YES, Cheesy! That's easily one of my favorite Disney movies. My sister and I knew the whole thing, AND I learned "You Belong to My Heart" on ukulele. I wanna learn the Spanish lyrics though; they're prettier.[/QUOTE]

I bought this on dvd aboiut six months ago. It was a double feature along with "Saludos Amigos" with Goofy. The dvd also has an old documentary talking about Walt Disney's trip to Mexico and South America that inspired these cartoons. Really interesting.

Then about a month ago I saw a trailer for a new documentary that not only talks about that trip, but the real reason behind it. The U.S. government was very concerned during WWII about Hitler gaining influence in Latin America. So they decided that the best way to win the hearts of the people there was to use one of the U.S.'s most loved exports: Disney. So the whole trip was actually a government-sponsored propaganda stunt to keep Latin America on our side during the war. Cool stuff.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wow, I never heard that. Interesting.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

God damn the video for Hellfire is kind of chilling.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

this is the part of my day where I spend an hour watching disney songs

Gusto

Gusto

I'm with you, Chucky D. I got home from work and saw this thread, and then recounted the entire BatB soundtrack.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well were you all prepared?

makare

If we aren't just talking movie songs I really like this one.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Wow, I never heard that. Interesting.
Me neither. I got interested in the Three Caballeros when Don Rosa did two 'get together' comics with this gay trio. And it was amazing.

Vagabond

V.Bond

wait, missed the ball on this one

Philosopher B.

I hum that shit randomly, like, all the time.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Every song in Aladdin, Lion King, Mulan, Hercules and Nightmare Before Christmas, scores included. Also Gaston's song and Under The Sea.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Not from the movie but the most memorable song from Disneyland.

phil

phil

*snip*

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

God damn the video for Hellfire is kind of chilling.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

*Snap*

this is the part of my day where I spend an hour watching disney songs
1) Welcome to my world at about 6 or 7 am, drunk and unable to sleep

2) I now realize that all The Joker needs to do is e-mail Batman a few Disney songs to distract him long enough to pull the greatest heist in all of Gotham history!

Anyway, here's Prince Alli

Man Jaffar, what you tryin' to do there keepin' the door closed? You silly.

Shadazz

Haha, I have every Disney soundtrack from the last 30 years. PM me if you want something! ;)

Evolutionary

Gusto and I discovered that you should never drink every time they say "Gaston" during Beauty and the Beast. I mean, god, there's a song all about him... that was bad.

Adam

Adammon

:)

It just occurs to me that all of my childhood heroes were misanthropes...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I really like the gospel song from Princess and the Frog... lemme see if I can find a link...

The woman who they chose to do her voice was great!

This one really touches me. I guess they couldn't have named the Firefly Gabriel... would've been a cool nod to the poem, though!

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto and I discovered that you should never drink every time they say "Gaston" during Beauty and the Beast. I mean, god, there's a song all about him... that was bad.
Well, yes and no. You shouldn't do it in order to be safe, but man, that was a lot of fun.

TNM

TNM

I miss the afternoon cartoon of a Goofy Movie.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, yes and no. You shouldn't do it in order to be safe, but man, that was a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

That has to be an awesome drinking game. I'LL DO IT SOON.