Export thread

Live Fast, Die Young...

Calleja

Calleja

..and leave a good looking corpse.

I know the phrase is popularly credited to James Dean... but for some reason that strikes me as one of those mis-attributions everyone holds to be true.

Google was no help, so I thought my fellow forumites, being the enlightened and trivia-loving individuals you are, could know the real origin of this oft-quoted line.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

..and leave a good looking corpse.

I know the phrase is popularly credited to James Dean... but for some reason that strikes me as one of those mis-attributions everyone holds to be true.

Google was no help, so I thought my fellow forumites, being the enlightened and trivia-loving individuals you are, could know the real origin of this oft-quoted line.
It was a quote from the 1949 film Knock Any Door and said by John Derek.

Calleja

Calleja

Aha! I knew it.

Nice.

I've been thinking a lot about life expectancy today. My best friend just lost his last grandparent, and I couldn't help but to think how uncommon it is to have all 4 grandparents at my age, like I do.

Longevity is in my genes, but my sleeping habits mean I'll die younger than expected... but considering there are studies that project life expectancy of my generation to near 100... I might live to see 2070. That's CRAZY.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I might live to see 2070. That's CRAZY.
No way I live to see that shit, so I'll haunt you if I can and say hi from time to time.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Pft, you guys aren't taking into account any number of horrible, unthinkable accidents that just might cut your puny threads of existence much earlier.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

LIKE DROWNING IN YOUR CAR AFTER YOU OPEN UP THE SUNROOF IN A CARWASH

ElJuski

ElJuski

I haven't seen the movie, but I have a bet that she survives the car wash, only to be immediately shot by a random guy.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

what I'm trying to say is that my version of Final Destination would be fucking awesome

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

They show her dead in the trailer though. Bobbing against her windshield in her airtight car. Water not leaking out all over the place.

It would probably be a great obituary :coffee:

Docseverin

Docseverin

45, that is my expiration age. If nature doesn't do it, I will.

Calleja

Calleja

I'd love for GhostZen to visit!! Around here people like to offer food to the dead at Dia De Los Muertos, what would you like at your altar-thing? I'd be happy to use my BrainPal© organic computer link to order it up for you.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I'd love for GhostZen to visit!! Around here people like to offer food to the dead at Dia De Los Muertos, what would you like at your altar-thing? I'd be happy to use my BrainPal© organic computer link to order it up for you.
CAJETA!

And I like those little sugar skulls too.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Pft, you guys aren't taking into account any number of horrible, unthinkable accidents that just might cut your puny threads of existence much earlier.
:ninja:

Pojodan

Considering I intend to be cremated, I don't give a damn what my corpse looks like!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Pfft. Not gonna worry about what age I'll be when I kick the bucket... though considering that Finns still tend to eat like we live in an agrarian society while most of us just sit on our asses all day... I'll count myself lucky if I reach 70 ^_^

But really, it's not about the mileage, it's about what you see and do on the way.

Oh, and I'll have a chocolate donut and an ice tea on my altar-thingy, thank you ;)

Rob King

Rob King

But really, it's not about the mileage, it's about what you see and do on the way.
This. I was talking to my friend the other day about how some of the decisions I make come from me asking myself the question "Will this make an interesting story for the reception at my funeral?"

Or alternatively, "Will this story endear me to my potential nephews/nieces." :p

Dave

Dave

I'm going to die at the age of 37. Which is why I look like I do.