Export thread

Looking for a colorist!

Zarvox

[De-Lurk]

As a few of you may be aware, I'm working on a fan-made D&D module. It's 4th edition, 21 sessions, takes PCs from level 8-16 and is set in the Dragonlance universe. For us Dragonlance fans, this is a big deal, since we have no official support from the D&D brand for 4th edition, nor any modern D&D module to call our own.

I've got some great artists on board, but I need one more – a colorist. A friend of mine produced the line art for the cover, and it needs coloring. You would, of course, get credited, and you'd be doing a big service to a small but passionate internet subculture. A small version of the picture is below.

Lemme know if you're interested.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Black people are responsible fo.... oh.. colorist... my bad

Telephius

Telephius

Do you have a higher res quality picture to colour? I can't promise anything as my artistic fuel is random but if you don't find anyone else by the time I get done colouring the cover you can use what I come up with. I am currently colouring the sample picture you gave it seems to be a 96dpi, do you need higher because I can colour the picture in higher res and just overlay a better line work over the top in photoshop.

EDIT: I have only coloured most of the book so far so since I just upscaled to 300dpi (picture is still 6x4inch) the book did not lose too much quality really that I can tell.

Element 117

totally not finished. but sleep beckons

Telephius

Telephius

BT is alot farther ahead then I am so far but I will post what I have so far, if we get more halforumites colouring you will have a plethora of versions to use hehe.

Element 117

I just want to make the Minotaur into a spotted cow, really

Zarvox

Jesus, you guys are blowing me away with your rapid responses. I was expecting a few days of hemming and hawing.

So, uh, here's a link to the full-sized version: http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/2564/coverart.jpg

And so I don't wind up with pink cows, here's a run-down of what things are:

Background: It's a book. It should be book colors.
From left to right:
Lizard thing: A slaad, can be any color you want as long as it's unnatural and interesting.
Minotaur: Probably some shade of brown.
Rock thing: A golem. Should be rock colors.
Snake/dragon/long-necked thing: A behir. Electric-blue.
Dragon man: A draconian. Silver, bronze, brass, or copper scales.
Ugly dude: Hobgoblin. Should be this sort of dull orange/red color.
Face: A goblin face (also the villain of the campaign). Should be goblin colors.

What are 'book colors', 'goblin colors', 'rock colors', etc? I leave that in your hands, you artistic people!

Keep being awesome, you guys!

EDIT: Also figured I'd mention that the big version of the image is really goddamn big. The final piece will be resized and cropped to 11x8.5 inches, so do with that what you will. Odds are that means you can resize it, but I don't know much about art, and even less about digital art. So do what makes sense to you!

Element 117

smaller preview. About a third of the way there
not scaled, and i still want to do lighting later

Telephius

Telephius

Slow going but got most of the Hob goblin down, going to colour his shield I think to match is armour and colour his axe next, then time to work on Dragonman.

Zarvox

Y'all are most definitely kicking ass. Keep up the good work! :)

drifter

drifter

Did everyone else lose interest? Well, here's my attempt anyway. Hope the colors come up okay.

Direct link

Element 117

Did everyone else lose interest? Well, here's my attempt anyway. Hope the colors come up okay.

Direct link

yup.

niiice

drifter

drifter

Zarvox

Direct link

That, sir, is awesome. We'll see if Telephius comes up with anything before the weekend, but I would be delighted to put that on the cover. A thousand times thank you. :)

Whether yours goes on the cover or not, you need to be credited! To what name should I do it? (if you want to use your real name and would rather not say it in the forums, you can send it by PM).

Telephius

Telephius

That is pretty awesome Drifter :D.

I have not lost interest just had a busy weekend for the most part, I will have time to work on mine today but you are definately ahead in the game. :)