Export thread

Mary had a little Lamb...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

with a side of peas and carrots.

A school in England is teaching small school aged children what it means to run a farm. And they learned their lesson well. A sheep that was hand raised by the class was voted to go to the slaughter house.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_sheep_odd

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Good for them for supporting the students on this one. Ignoring the parents and other celebs? Good on them.

Dave

Dave

It's called farming. It's part of the Great CIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIFE!

Fun Size

Fun Size

People are so goddamned dumb sometimes. "But we can't have little Sally knowing where the meat actually comes from." It's good for the school to teach the kids things like this. The celebs and whatnot need a hot steaming cup of STFU.

ThatNickGuy

The kids voted 13-1, which means THEY chose to have it slaughtered. And the money went to getting more animals and such, thus keeping them fed on natural, healthy food. And it teaches them some valuable lessons about where the their food comes from.

Yeah, I gotta say, as much as I'm for the environment and mistreatment of animals (I would rather support natural animals farms, not industrialized), this is an overreaction from others.

Clearly, they're just feeling sheepish.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I don't think the kids made a BAAAAA-D decision.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I don't think the kids made a BAAAAA-D decision.[/QUOTE]
:rimshot:

Fun Size

Fun Size

Meh. It's just dyed-in-the-wool radicals making trouble for everyone.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Meh. It's just dyed-in-the-wool radicals making trouble for everyone.[/QUOTE]

But those people just tend to be the black sheep.

ThatNickGuy

Oh, ewe guys crack me up!

Hylian

Hylian

Now I am hungry for some lamb chops

ThatNickGuy

Done!

Shannow

Shannow

This is the song that doesnt end
yes it goes on and on my friend..

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

This is the song that doesnt end
yes it goes on and on my friend..
:slap:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Boy, I'd like to stick my hand up that....

and use it as a puppet to entertain my nieces.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Wow, good for those kids and poo on anyone crying about this. It was a farm, not a freaking petting zoo.

Espy

Espy

Off the watch the Fun with Veal Southpark!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Bravo for the school and the kids.

A big flippin' bird to everybody else. Buncha tight-ass wankers...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The article didn't say what happened to the meat, I hope the kids each got a share.

netsirk

netsirk

Mary had a little lamb, my dog has fleas. Mairzy doats and dozy doats and I'll be home for Christmas. ...Your loving son, Queen Victoria.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ridiculous.

redapples

Its encouraging to see that fewer than 700 people joined the Facebook group to save the sheep. Those that did are little scary. Comments range from 'Some one must have an address' in relation to the head teacher. To the whole council should be slaughtered instead! 0_o

I live in the country and do a lot of farm and farm show visits. For me its important that my kids to know about animal husbandry and welfare and where their food comes from. Happy animals sure taste good.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Growing up on a farm, my sister and I showed sheep in high school. I chose breeding lambs because I get really attached to animals. She chose two castrated male market lambs.

It kinda stinks when you get a little attached to the animals destined for slaughter, but it was a great exercise for us because we both learned that processing the animal was cheaper in the long run due to less wasted resources... you know, to feed my lambs.

But I do have to say, a lamb that is raised in your backyard does taste a lot better than any lamb I have ever been served in a restaurant!